Best charger for buzz pro batteries - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best charger for buzz pro batteries

Moved On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by caged View Post
    You tried 14500 batteries in a regular AA battery charger? I'm not a battery expert, but your AA charger probably won't supply enough voltage and may employ charging algorithms that are not suited to the 14500 batteries. Maybe I'm paranoid but i would not put batteries in a charger unless I know for a fact it was designed for the batteries I'm trying to charge. It's a really bad idea to experiment like that unless you know alot about electrical engineering and battery chemistry. If you put batteries in charger the charger wasn't designed to charge, the batteries could explode.

The Pila charger charges at 600 mA, which is extremely close to the rated mah of your batteries (which is obvious because it only took about an hour to charge the batteries). Ideally, you'd want the charger to take 2 or 3 hours to charge. I think the Pila may be a little strong for those batteries, but it should still work. 1 hour charging will generate heat and is hard on the batteries. Always charge with the top cover open to let heat escape.
    Okay thanks for the info. I just got done posting in a new thread cause I did my homework, and found out why its hot. Just like you where saying the MAH of output pretty much matches the battery MAH.

The charger I used was for AA battery's and its a good one so it would not even try to work if something was wrong. On the other hand I was just looking to see if the light came on at all, that way I would know to look into that more or not.

So I guess they will work in the pila for now I just might want to charge outside for safety where its a little cooler and the door is open like you where saying. I did have it closed, but I can see why its best to leave open. Should be good to go. Thanks again.

PIF Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Was the other charger really for AA, 1.2v batteries?
    Pay It Forward Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun :)
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/

Moved On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

House hold battery's. I never looked into it when it didn't work but just took a look at one of the battery's that do work it is 1.2V. Explains a lot lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12