Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Infinity pro shock!

  1. #1
    Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    jimbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    aurora,indiana
    Posts
    509

    Default Infinity pro shock!

    Was using my ipro and went to set it down and heard a loud snap and got a small shock what could have caused this?.The ipro still works fine but am kind of scared to use it here is a pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Infinity pro shock!-infinity-pro.jpg  
    Last edited by jimbill; 07-02-2012 at 05:27 AM.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    ECF Guru ECF Veteran mwa102464's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
    Posts
    14,442

    Default

    Wow, looks like something grounded out and touched metal that shouldn't have, did you back out that screw and look inside ? check the wires, see if one looks black and possibly touched the cap inside some way, see if your wire has insulation on it still as well, or if its burnt off. Just my initial thoughts jimbill
    I have no favorites I love them all, but the sexy chicks who sport wild thongs drive me up the wall ;-)
    Support the cause give to CASSA

  4. #3
    Moved On ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Temcula CA
    Posts
    1,719

    Default

    Wow...I plugged in my iPad the other day and got a shock and saw a flame shoot from the electrical circuit! Anything electrical is a bit scary! I don't blam you for being a bit scared to use the device! I would definitely do some research to put you mind at ease! Could be nothing...but I would proceed with caution!

  5. #4
    Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    jimbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    aurora,indiana
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Thanks mwa good idea to check the wires under the cap well just checked the screw and it is tight and looks fine time to check some wires.

  6. #5
    Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    jimbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    aurora,indiana
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Well the wiring was fine this has me stumped could it have been static electricity shooting to ground because there is a metal table i sit it on? any one else have an idea whats going on here.

  7. #6
    PIF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    markfm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    Posts
    9,158

    Default

    I'd suggest posting in the main notcigs ecf forum area, the troubleshooting sticky.

    A shock comes from a voltage difference, a path to ground through you.

    It could be the opposite direction, something had built potential on that table. That also is an outlier, but coming up with a way for the pv to source it is tough.

    Your static electricity thought is also possible, not the pv doing anything other than being a conductor as your hand nears the table.

    Hopefully someone will come up with a good answer
    Last edited by markfm; 07-03-2012 at 12:59 AM.
    Pay It Forward Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun :)
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •