Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's Put our MONEY where our mouths are !

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

If it was a legitimate corporation then yes. If it was some organization that was just thrown together then no.

I fully support any effort to further our common goals but I'm very skeptical due to the potential for fraud.

This is a great idea to have for a rainy day but I wouldn't want to pick a fight either. As of now we're walking on thin ice. But it would be nice to have something like that ready for "when" the issue arrives. Obviously the money held in a safe and trustworthy account like an escrow or something.

Just an idea. Suppliers can add something to their site before a customer checks out accepting donations towards the issue informing customers about the issue at hand and asking for their support.

Maybe we can save up enough to start up a manufacturing company of e-liquids and get them approved by FDA! non-profit of course. hehe no? eh worth a shot.
    Last edited by Vaporpuff; 04-02-2009 at 03:59 AM. Reason: added quotes b/c italics didn't suffice

There are a lot of people wanting to throw money at this but I don't see a whole lot of effort into developing an organization worth throwing money into. Getting money comes near the end of a long road of putting an org together. First thing you need to do is find a board of advisers (Dr. Siegel comes to mind) and from that develop a scope and charter. I guess it comes down to how serious are you guys about this and who wants to do the dirty work to make it happen? I am in... but are others?

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran halopunker's Avatar

PM Sent TimmyT.
    AltSmoke.com | Twitter | FaceBook
    News: ProTank V2 Now Available!

Senior Member ECF Veteran

How about Dr Nitzkin's organization ? Legitimate enough ? amd buy the way sometimes all it takes is a little faith and belief to accomplish the impossible. Remember he who has little to risk has little to gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaporpuff View Post
    This is a great idea to have for a rainy day but I wouldn't want to pick a fight either.
    I have to disagree. It's far far harder to undo a ban then it is to stop one from happening. Look at ........., it took us 50 years to start looking at as something that can be used medicinally and has some value to our society. While ecigs are not the extreme case ......... is, the point still stands.

Part of this problem is a public relations one and that has to be tackled is some shape, way or from before anyone can even approach the legalities and politics of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyT View Post
    How about Dr Nitzkin's organization ? Legitimate enough ?
    I wasn't aware he had a organization dealing with ecigs.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyT View Post
    amd buy the way sometimes all it takes is a little faith and belief to accomplish the impossible. Remember he who has little to risk has little to gain.
    It also take hard work. Nothing worth anything comes easy.

Agreed, As I stated earlier in this thread this Forum is full of talented and concerned people I know are willing to give of not only $ but time. My expertise is not in that arena but i'm quite sure someone who does have the expertise we need will respond if we keep this idea and thread alive.

I guess first step is finding an CPA and a lawyer that would be willing to put up some time.

Lol do you know the lawyer representing zenadia gonzalez (the supposed nanny for casey anthony?) it is john morgan of morgan colling and gilbert... big lawyers.. they would take it just for the publicity.

Lisa

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast