List of Government Officials, Agencies and Organizations to send our letters of concern - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: List of Government Officials, Agencies and Organizations to send our letters of concern

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by webtaxman View Post
    "Accidental quitters" is a clever description, and catchy. I suggest we use it more often in this campaign.

I also don't know why this bill is related to government pensions. These are two separate and entirely unrelated issues. Two different bills? yvilla???
    I like "accidental quitters" too.

I'm far from in the know on the legislative process, but I do think congresspeople sometimes package even unrelated issues into one bill as a tactical matter. Sometimes support for one thing is expected to be high enough so that it's thought that the other tacked on issue will benefit (inertia?).

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

In case anyone's wondering WHY I still have the SD as my sig, it's because I got my first ecig in January 2008 but still smoked for 10 months, until I got my first SD. I have other APVs, but also still love and use my SD (with a Bulli on top). I will be forever grateful to Trog for saving my life!

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by yvilla View Post
    I do think congresspeople sometimes package even unrelated issues into one bill as a tactical matter. Sometimes support for one thing is expected to be high enough so that it's thought that the other tacked on issue will benefit (inertia?).
    That's exactly right, yvilla. That's how we get so much pork. Let's say a "Bridge to Nowhere" in Alaska wouldn't have a prayer of passing all on its own. Well, they just tack it onto the budget or something, that basically HAS to pass, and rather than bog Congress down arguing for months over every little nickel and dime amendment, they just let it slide.

~~Cheryl

Executive Director
    Smokefree Pennsylvania
    Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The Senate HELP Committee has postponed its scheduled markup sesssion on Kennedy's tobacco bill until next Tuesday (May 19) at 10AM.

So we have an additional week to urge Senate HELP Cmte members to support amendments that would keep e-cigarettes on the market and prevent the FDA from banning them as drugs or drug-devices.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Are these kinds of postponements ordinary Bill? Are there underlying reasons that you know? And thank you for letting us know!

Moved On ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by katink View Post
    Are these kinds of postponements ordinary Bill? Are there underlying reasons that you know? And thank you for letting us know!
    Would like to know this as well.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Wow, the last post in here is from 2009!

Who can provide more recent phone numbers, email address, and Twitter accounts?

Or, give me a hint on how to collect those, and I will give it a try myself.
    aikanae1 likes this.

.....................................ONE LIFE LENGTHENED............................

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

This is something I've been wondering about too. In lieu of anything else, I guess it's something we can independantly collect. Several years ago I was with an org. that handed out a collection of insider emails that were updated regularly but I recently checked and couldn't find an updated collection of emails (email blast). Until someone with resources like that shows up, it's looking them up from publicaly available information.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieVideo View Post
    Wow, the last post in here is from 2009!

Who can provide more recent phone numbers, email address, and Twitter accounts?

Or, give me a hint on how to collect those, and I will give it a try myself.

Is there a site where there is a template that I can just put my name and information into, and it will fax it to my congressmen and senators? Numbers.org has one for their cause, and I believe the NRA has this too. Thanks in advance.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234