Vape in Public - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Vape in Public

Full Member Verified Member PondScum's Avatar

A lot of people on ECF are educated some make "how to" vids. Has anyone made an educational vid about Vaping? Something that can inform the public at large and make it likable product. Let's face it, "spin" has a lot of effect on the public, if something is made soon then later then we leave the door open to be quick victims to the same busy body types that swooped in on communities from out of state to change the smoking laws. I also hate the term e-cigarette, it's like we still equate vaping as smoking, when clearly its not. I vape openly and have been guilty of being rude to someone when they say something. Ok so Im not the best educator or poster child, but I would pay the 15 bucks to buy cards to hand out with facts and or a link to a PSA vid that would explain what I am doing. In my mind Im doing nothing wrong or illegal and I refuse to allow some Joe Shmoe to step up and make me feel as if I am. It's not my job to educate them, but I would if I have some solid facts and a lil razzle dazzle to do so. I swear like a trucker when I talk and it would be just easier and more satisfying to be able to provide a quick info card and walk away.

Super Member ECF Veteran nicetucu's Avatar

I have to say as a new vapor it is a bit uncomfortable to vape in public. Even though what you're doing is perfectly legal , it still feels against the norm. Also when I do vape in public I use a very user friendly eGo C twist with a tank that can look a bit sketch to certain people.

Do I kind of get a kick out of educating people or shocking people (yes I do lol) and welcome any kind of confrontation good or bad. But in the same breath I don't want to be an a-ss about it and push my habit on people who clearly look uncomfortable and try and show a bit of respect, usually you will get a bit back in return.

If more of us did this on a regular basis , than more people would not look so shocked and naive about the subject. I forget who came up with the idea of a business type card with info on it, but it's a pretty good idea. It may even increase their business, since it is free advertising.

my two cents.
    Pinkcloudtracy likes this.

I've been vaping for about 6 weeks now, yesterday I celebrated 1 whole month of being analog free! (still haven't figured out why we call them that...) and I live in a coastal community. When I went downtown for the St. Patty's Day parade last month, I counted substantially MORE people vaping, than smoking. I'd say probably 50-60% of them had egos on lanyards, and were obviously quite new to vaping, evidenced by the quizzical looks they gave their own devices from time to time. I have the great benefit of being good friends with my B&M store owner, and I text him questions all the time, I wouldn't say I'm an expert by any means, but I do know a good bit more about the products and process than the average noob :-) Some friends of my friends also had egos, when I pulled out my X6, jaws dropped. Everybody crowded around and wanted to know more about it. We sat by the river listening to Irish music, drinking green beer and talking shop about ecigs, with me playing the role of teacher. This was no small gathering, there were literally thousands of people on River St. and I'd wager I saw a few hundred ecigs that day. I vape all day in my office, but my door faces the main building entrance, so when I hear the chimes, I put it away out of courtesy to the uneducated. My boss doesn't mind at all that I vape indoors, she's proud of me for quitting. I do ask permission at bars and restaurants, because that's what we do in the South, but I've never been told that I couldn't vape. I'm still quite new to this, so time will tell if that holds true, but so far so good, and my KTS with AGA-T should be arriving on Friday!!! Soooooooooo Stoked!!!!!!

Senior Member Verified Member

When I first started vaping a month ago with a Blu, I was vaping it in the mall while my girlfriend was in a jewelry store forever. So I was sitting outside the store vaping away, and no one even gave me a second look. I don't know if it is because there used to be a ecig kiosk in the mall or not, or because I am in NY and people don't give a .... here, but it was pretty awesome. Obviously the Blu doesn't produce nearly as much vapor as my ego does now, and it dissipates much faster, so people obviously knew it wasn't a real cig. Haven't had a chance to vape my ego in public yet really, only in my car as of now, since I work from home and don't really go anywhere. But I really want to.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Howdy!

I worked 2 bike week events a few weeks ago, (I'm an 'Event Security Supervisor') and at both Buddy Stubbs event and Chesters event I saw several e-cigs. Mostly 808 cigalikes and Egos from what I saw, but it's nice seeing more people vaping. Since getting my Vamo V2 I vape exclusively with it topped with a vivi nova wether I'm at home or out and about and I'm finally getting more people coming up asking 'what mod is that?' instead of the 'W.T.F. is that?'.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Just saw a post with a video in the E-cigarettes in Public forum
    which "cracked me up" ... Great e-smoking in public video LINK

Moved On ECF Veteran

Thanks for linking, good stuff!

Full Member ECF Veteran

Until you get a big company or the FDA to promote it I don't think it would matter if everyone vaped in public,the haters always find a way to hate it by saying it hasn't been tested enugh or tey use the crap testing the FDA initially did.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910