Vape in Public - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Vape in Public

Food for Thought ...
    Can ya just imagine how popular a website would be
    if it listed "Vaper Friendly" establishments in the US. !!!!

That website would go viral !!!!

Establishments would click on the Contact link
    asking to be added to the list !! ... Money trail thing

Edit: To make this concept at little more believable and achievable ...
    A website listing Vaper Friendly establishments in just a few cities ...
    Gota start somewhere !!
    Last edited by Petrodus; 11-29-2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Spelling Correction

Ultra Member ECF Veteran StereoDreamer's Avatar

Petrodus--you have some VERY good ideas.

In the gun rights world, we have a webpage called "Friend or Foe" which is an interactive graphical map-based database where people can enter businesses that are pro-carry (or at least, not anti) AND we can also list businesses that are clearly anti's and don't allow carry.

http://friendorfoe.us/

The Vape World needs something like this--a list of venues that are vape-friendly AND vape-hostile, so we can know where to spend our money.

For instance, there has been a lot of talk lately about how Lowes (the hardware chain) is officially anti-vape. I usually shop at local hardware stores anyway, but this is one more reason to not shop at Lowes for me. I have vaped in my locally-owned Ace store and it's never been an issue--they will continue to get my business and my money when it comes to home projects, tools, paint, and the like...

You are right--money talks, and when business start figuring out that Vapers aren't just composed of the occasional weirdo gadget freak, but are numbered in the MILLIONS nation-wide, they will perhaps reconsider their policies, and be more open-minded when it comes to vaping.

Perhaps we should start two threads here on ECF--"Vape Friendly Businesses" and "Vape-hostile Businesses", and people can list specific locations all over the country in the appropriate thread...
    Last edited by StereoDreamer; 11-30-2012 at 04:15 AM.
    RosaJ, love_leigh and NatashaR like this.

Hana Modz V3 Mini, eVic, Silver Bullet, AcryliMax Copperwood, RoughStack Shorty, ChiYou Clones, iTaste VV, 2 AMP Tanks, KFL+, Youde Igo W-5 with Crest Cap, 901 HH357s, Terminator-C, Terminator RDAs, Octopus RDAs, Mini DID Clone, and a bunch of eGos and Vivi Novas and 901 attys...

Blog Entries

I like the idea of a "vape freindly" places. Not so much that places are unfreindly per se, but it would be a good idea to have places wear vapers can gather and hang out more - bring their mods etc.

But I have no trouble vaping in public, because I use a non-cig coloured cig a like. Its pretty publically identifiable as an e-cig.

I guess people need to recognise mods more, not that they really look like anything else, but people do just think...what the heck is that.
    Last edited by Drael; 12-01-2012 at 12:57 AM.
    Vaping doesn't normalise smoking, because its NOT smoking. A green/blue/purple led, on a black, blue, green, or stainless steel electronic device, does not look visually like a cigarette even at a glance.

Moved On Verified Member

I will make this short
    My wife and I Vape everywhere, in stores in the car, restaurants, wherever we feel like. Every once and a while we will get asked,"what's that" we then explain and all is good.

Sent from a distant galaxy.
    CJsKee, Petrodus and RosaJ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ttman View Post
    i will make this short
    my wife and i vape everywhere, in stores in the car, restaurants, wherever we feel like.
    Every once and a while we will get asked,"what's that" we then explain and all is good.
    kudos !!

I've only been vaping for a couple of months, but I vaped in a bar for the first time a month ago. I didn't even bother to try to stealth it, just started up in the middle of a crowded bar. The strange thing to me was that only 2 people the whole night asked me about it. Everyone else just accepted it or didn't care. And it was an ego with a clearo, not a cig-alike. It seemed strange, but maybe people either knew what I was doing or just didn't really care...

Quote Originally Posted by J-Lee View Post
    I've only been vaping for a couple of months, but I vaped in a bar for the first time a month ago. I didn't even bother to try to stealth it, just started up in the middle of a crowded bar. The strange thing to me was that only 2 people the whole night asked me about it. Everyone else just accepted it or didn't care. And it was an ego with a clearo, not a cig-alike. It seemed strange, but maybe people either knew what I was doing or just didn't really care...
    I'm not surprised ...
    Because its obvious you're not the type to be scared all the time vaping in public
    You do NOT constantly look around making eye contact with strangers
    wondering if they approve or might say something. You act live everyone else
    except you are vaping.

Constantly looking around and making eye contact with strangers ...
    is suspicious behavior and draws attention ... even if you're chewing gum
    C Heise likes this.

Moved On Verified Member
    Blog Entries

Really?
    So that's why I always get arrested?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    Really?
    So that's why I always get arrested?

We've all seen websites with pictures of Walmart people.
    Ya know those pictures showing people shopping at Walmart
    wearing totally ridiculous outfits including pajamas.

Those people, obviously, couldn't care less what others might
    think or say !!

I wish all vapers had the same attitude when vaping in public

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast