Contact Schwarzenegger to oppose SB 400, CA ban - Form Letter - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Contact Schwarzenegger to oppose SB 400, CA ban - Form Letter

PV Master Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran

I emailed this version. I added one sentence for those of us not living in California. I also included a link to my article - hopeful the anecdotal stories will help sway him.
    Re: SB 400

Dear Governor Schwarzenegger,

I am writing to oppose SB 400, initially introduced as an energy bill. From the original text: “44272. (a) The Alternative and Renewable Fuel and Vehicle Technology Program is hereby created.” Seven amendments later, it ended up being a bill to ban electronic cigarettes. No reference to energy is even in the final version. “Energy: green vehicles” morphed into “tobacco.” Then, somewhere along the way, the electronic cigarette was defined as a tobacco substitute, next, that was stricken and the bill now will “authorize action to halt the sale, distribution, or offering for sale of electronic cigarettes…”

SB 400 will take a freedom away from the people of CA and should be immediately vetoed.

It is your responsibility to protect the freedom of thousands of Californians who have chosen the electronic cigarette (e-cig) as an alternative to burning traditional tobacco cigarettes. Allowing SB 400 to become law will drive many people who have become tobacco free back to using tobacco products. Ex-smokers will become smokers again.

Your decision will most likely cause other states to follow suit, affecting millions of other citizens of this country, as well.

There have been many studies done on e-cigs, including an FDA study, which showed (if you take the next step and compare e-cigs to a tobacco cigarette) that the e-cig is much safer than smoking tobacco and generally has the same amount of TSNAs (tobacco specific nitrosamines) as the FDA approved NRT products. Their finding of approximately 1% DEG (diethylene glycol) shows the need for better quality control in manufacturing. Please note: DEG is found in tobacco cigarettes too. Other testing shows that the effects of nicotine on the human body are generally no worse than caffeine.

E-cigs should remain on the market and legal for adults to purchase while complete testing is done and submitted to the FDA for approval. They are a reduced harm product and do not fall clearly into any category the FDA has set up for regulation. With technology comes innovation. Laws take time to catch up. Please do not put the e-cig into a black market status! The FDA will not be able to approve these without lengthy testing and research. To date, the FDA has not banned them. California law should not supersede the FDA without any evidence they do any harm.

E-cigs are a tobacco alternative and many choose them as a healthier way to deal with their nicotine addiction. They are not inhaling the 4000+ chemicals found in a burning tobacco cigarette. Existing NRT products have not worked for the people who are using e-cigs. E-cigs are keeping them away from burning tobacco.

More information is available at
    http://www.healthnz.co.nz/RuyanCartr...t21-Oct-08.pdf
    http://www.vapersclub/factsaboutpvs.html
    http://www.vapersclub/vapersclubdotcompamphlet.pdf
    http://www.vapersclub/pg.html

Please see this article: Negative Reactions Mystify Electronic Cigarette Owners - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Please veto SB 400. E-cigs, for many users, are the only thing keeping them away from smoking tobacco cigarettes. Please do not take this choice away! Your decision could influence other states to follow suit and therefore affects everyone in this country.

Respectfully submitted,
    Kristin Noll-Marsh

Senior Member ECF Veteran Kamanjah's Avatar

Thanks Kristin - and everyone else who has emailed. Looks like we may have a chance to get noticed!!!

Um, I'm on that twitter page, where can I write "Oppose SB 400"??? Duh.

I already send an e-mail to the governor, but under category I put "Governor". I chose that because I see options like for example 'First Lady' and others like that, and I want my e-mail to go directly to the governor office and not other agency, you know, just in case.

Reuben

Quote Originally Posted by Kamanjah View Post
    Thanks Kristin - and everyone else who has emailed. Looks like we may have a chance to get noticed!!!

Um, I'm on that twitter page, where can I write "Oppose SB 400"??? Duh.
    Hi Kamanjah to get a message to appear to him update your status but at the beginning of the status update put "@Schwarzenegger" less the quotes and then your message and it will appear on his timeline. If enough users do this his timeline will be full of Oppose SB 400 Tweets. Now not everyone will be able to see them but he or whoever is updating his twitter page will. Hope this helps.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Kamanjah's Avatar

Thanks, Vaporizer! Done!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamanjah View Post
    Thanks, Vaporizer! Done!
    No problem, Let us know if he replies back. Ive seen some replies in his timeline before.

Moved On

OK I emailed him- He puffs cuban cigars so I'm sure this is going to do nothing- not feeling the Cali Goverment will help me at all..

If this passes I will be selling my mod for double on craigslist! They can send the men in blue if they want to stop me! There is an A in a circle tatoo'd to my arm for a reason.

Inactive Supplier ECF Veteran

emailing. BTW, the link in posted copies of emails http://www.healthnz.co.nz/RuyanCartr...t21-Oct-08.pdf is broken.

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

I've emailed and posted your letter along with others on Vapor Talk, I hope he hears our calls! I don't care what forum your from so long as we make the effort to stop this.

I also picked up a cheap fax machine from Rite Aid of all places (34 bucks) and started faxing stuff out, it's easier than you'd think to do from home

I just sent your form letter. Thank you for putting this together. I am just starting out my life of being smoke free and would hate to have to turn back now. It would mean that my hopes and dreams of not having to live the every day hell of the nicotine addiction struggle would be yanked out from under me. I'm sure we all feel very strongly about this.

current mood:
    Very pissed off at the thought of this.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast