Contact Schwarzenegger to oppose SB 400, CA ban - Form Letter - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Contact Schwarzenegger to oppose SB 400, CA ban - Form Letter

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The people who voted no voted that while still being able to vape. Should that change and it is not possible to use e cigs, the number who will return to smoking will go way up IMO
    "Deja Moo : The feeling you’ve heard this bull before !"

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Most of the people who won't go back to smoking have one or all of the following cessation aids:

-Large stockpiles of e-cig supplies.

-An affinity for Stonewalls and Swedish snus. (after a few months of pure e-cig usage, many people are able to get by with just these).

-Tobacco vaporizers. These devices are believed to be about 95% cleaner/safer than smoking. They also allow more mileage from the same amount of tobacco.

-A few people have the technology to make their own equipment/juices.

In most cases, falling back on 'alternatives' is seen as workable, but not necessarily desirable. (certainly the case for me)

I think working for a VETO on SB 400 is more to allow current smokers the oppertunity to discover e-cigs than for personal reasons.

although Im new to this whole scene, I sent an email, and a twitter message.
    I hope this b.s. doesn't stop me from ordering supplies online.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Pocket Aces's Avatar

Default Time is Short!

Do it Today! Time is shorter than you think. Since the bill needs a veto by the 11th which is a Sunday all contact with the Governors office needs to hit by this Friday to have an effect.

Takes less than 3 Minutes! Do it Now!

Unregistered Supplier Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Good to see everyone jumping on this , i have had a tremendous response from my video. Viewers from Canada and the UK have shown their support as well...

YouTube - HELP STOP THE CALIFORNIA E-CIG BAN!!!!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sent My email to him the other day...

Ive been sending every e-cig user I know to the governators contact page.

Default Another letter option

Subject: Please veto Senate Bill 400.

I am right now reading the warning on my husband's bagged cigarette tobacoo, designed for rolling and smoking: This Product Contains/Produces Chemicals Known To The State Of California To Cause Cancer, And Birth Defects Or Other Reproductive Harm.

Yet, this product is NOT banned in California.

Please consider the letter to the FDA submitted by Joel L. Nitzkin, MD, Chair, AAPHP Tobacco Control Task Force and Kevin Sherin, MD, President, American Association of Public Health Physicians, which states, in part:

"This year, about 400,000 American adult cigarette smokers will die of a tobacco-related illness. Their second hand smoke will kill about 48,000 non-smokers. About 700 more will die in residential fires. Despite progress on other measures of tobacco use, per CDC estimates, this death count continues to inch up from year to year. In contrast, even though smokeless tobacco products represent about 20% of nicotine intake in the United States, the number of deaths per year from these products is too small for reliable estimates from the CDC.

Our (AAPHP) best estimate is that smokeless tobacco products currently cause about 700 cancer deaths per year in the United States. This is less than 1% of the more than 110,000 deaths that would occur each year if smokeless products carried the same mortality as conventional cigarettes.

It should be possible to save the lives of 4 million or more of the 8 million adult American smokers who will otherwise die of a cigarette-related illness over the next twenty years. This could be done by making smokers aware of selected smokeless tobacco products (including but not limited to snus and electronic cigarettes) that promise to reduce the risk of tobacco-related illness by 99% or better for smokers who are unwilling or unable to quit."

See: http://www.e-cig.org/pdfs/AAPHP.pdf

Senate Bill 400 is designed to ban electronic cigarettes which are, according to all preliminary studies performed by the Food and Drug Administration, a safer alternate to tobacco cigarettes. Placing a ban on them now will force many users to go back to regular cigarettes at the expense of their health and the health of those around them. Rather than banning them, we should embrace them, regulate them, and help forward their acceptance for their positive health benefits.

Thank you for your consideration.

Senior Member ECF Veteran webtaxman's Avatar

The latest news in Sacramento is that Arnold was sent 702 bills, they sit on his desk, and to date signed only 3. 3! out of 702!

Friday is a good deadline for consumer action, but he will be there Sunday, the last day.

So no need to stop faxing and writing letters. E-mails are just not that effective. No log is kept. He uses "Ghost" writers for twitter and his web submission form. Fax logs and snail mail are logged. Plus someone needs to refill the fax machine with paper--if you faxed like I did. The more times the fax needs paper, the better chance someone will read one. Sad, but true.
    Last edited by webtaxman; 10-09-2009 at 03:40 AM.
    I'm working on my signature -- Relax already ;)

Senior Member ECF Veteran webtaxman's Avatar

Update: Arnold has vetoed one bill:

Look at the reason for veto:

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has vetoed the following bill:

AB 264 by Assemblymember Paul Cook (R-Yucca Valley) - Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day. See attached veto message.

To the Members of the California State Assembly:

I am returning Assembly Bill 264 without my signature.
    Our state is facing significant challenges, including the need for comprehensive changes in our policies on water, energy, and corrections and the need to take meaningful steps to
    stimulate the economy and rein in the rising levels of unemployment. This bill does nothing to address any of these issues. I look forward to considering this measure when these other major issues are addressed.

Sincerely,
    Arnold Schwarzenegger
    I'm working on my signature -- Relax already ;)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast