Contact Schwarzenegger to oppose SB 400, CA ban - Form Letter - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Contact Schwarzenegger to oppose SB 400, CA ban - Form Letter

Quote Originally Posted by LUX Vaporer View Post
    Well it looks like he has no intention of a veto on SB 400....
    Not necessarily. The withdrawn bills are those that he will likely sign. The bills not requested to be withdrawn are those that he has already decided to either sign or veto, independent of his threat.

this is really bumming me out.
    there's just not enough of us to make a difference.
    there was no vote on this. there was no chance for our voices to be heard.
    there was no time for campaigning.
    there was only a sneak attack piece of legislation disguised as something good.
    I really hope there will be some way to continue to get supplies if this goes into effect.

Inactive Supplier ECF Veteran

So was this signed?!?!?!?!? I just checked the CA Governor's page on 'Bills Acted on the by the Governor' and found this:

AB 1666 Price Meal and rest periods: stage assistants. Veto 7/18/2008
    AB 2840 Berg Humboldt County: South Spit. Sign 140 7/17/2008
    AB 2588 Calderon, Charles Commercial vehicle vending: restrictions. Sign 139 7/17/2008
    AB 2554 Mullin Housing: local enforcement: relinquishment. Sign 138 7/17/2008
    AB 1808 Huff Ballot statements: candidates for federal office. Sign 137 7/17/2008
    AB 1764 Blakeslee Land use: agricultural use. Sign 136 7/17/2008
    SB 1431 Wiggins Parks and recreation: easements. Sign 135 7/17/2008
    SB 400 Corbett Medi-Cal: outpatient prescription drugs. Sign 134 7/17/2008

God help us all...

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by epluribus_vapor View Post
    SB 400 Corbett Medi-Cal: outpatient prescription drugs. Sign 134 7/17/2008

God help us all...
    epluribus - The date is 2008. This IS NOT us! Whew. (Bout made me pee my pants there!)

SORRY! Their website is a little confusing then, I found the list of all bills acted on, and that was on there as signed but the chapter date was from 2008 (from gov ca gov/bills/#all) Please just put periods where the spaces are.. I can't post URLs yet!

So of course I clicked on the bill link, and it took me to SB 400 (in all its ugliness): leginfo ca gov/cgi-bin/postquery?bill_number=sb_400&sess=CUR

I'm anxiously standing by...

I saw the same thing. That the SB400 was signed. I find the bill a little confusing. It looked to be like you just couldnt sell or distribute in California. I couldn't find anything that was saying you couldnt received (such as via internet) the product from a different state or country.

We need more publicity on the e-cig. Not enough people even know about it yet. Hopefully this will make a big ripple on the news. Just hope it goes our way.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

SORRY! Their website is a little confusing then, I found the list of all bills acted on, and that was on there as signed but the chapter date was from 2008 (from gov ca gov/bills/#all) Please just put periods where the spaces are.. I can't post URLs yet!

So of course I clicked on the bill link, and it took me to SB 400 (in all its ugliness): leginfo ca gov/cgi-bin/postquery?bill_number=sb_400&sess=CUR

I'm anxiously standing by...
    eplurbis... no worries We are all anxious. This is a bs law... as all of them are, and is not based on science, it is based on media reports and the FDA report and I know this because I called!!!!

I strongly suggest if this doesn't get vetoed... it might be time to get nasty. (and not towards the governor, but towards the persons responsible for duping their fellow legislators)

Ok, so I'm new to the forum, and I don't know if this is the 'best' place to post this, BUT after seeing all the different states (besides the feds) trying to ban e-cigs, I had to try to ensure we in Georgia are proactive instead of reactive. I just emailed the following message to our Governor, Sonny Perdue, and encourage more Georgians to do the same, and hopefully get our legislators to think about this issue seriously before they vote on something they aren't educated about (of course I also wrote Schwarzenneger too):

Governor Perdue,

I am sure you are aware of the legislation that recently passed in California to ban electronic cigarettes. It is only waiting to be signed into law (or not signed and still become law) by Governor Schwarzenneger. I have heard no thoughts or suggestions that indicate Georgia will be following suit, but as a pre-emptive notification, I beg you to VETO any legislation that would ban this life saving device in Georgia.

I work on a military installation in Georgia, which Senator Chambliss visited recently, and since I began using an electronic cigarette (personal vaporizer) four weeks ago, six coworkers at our facility have begun using one and are healthier for it. One was a Federal employee who told me point blank, "I've smoked for forty years, and when I saw you out here with that thing, I thought 'that's just goofy'. And when I ran out of cigarettes last week, I thought 'why not give it a try'. It's been a week now and I haven't even had the urge to touch a real cigarette. I feel great, I can taste and smell again, and my wife isn't disgusted by my smell. Thank you for showing these to me." That statement touched me, and at the same time, hurt me to tell him that unfortunately, some from our own government are working tirelessly to take these off the shelf, so enjoy it while you can my friend. Because if they go away, he and I, and our coworkers will be back to the 400+ carcinogens we are addicted to.

I am not naive and arguing that these devices are 100% safe for the body, but neither is alcohol, fried food, MSG, charcoal grills and many other things we would have no consideration on banning. But the FDA's own report indicated that AT WORST, they MAY contain TRACE amounts of POSSIBLY dangerous substances (as compared to the 400+ confirmed carcinogens in cigarettes which are 100% legal to sell). I have voted for you because you have always stood by my 2nd Amendment rights, my moral stands, and you are the person I chose and support to represent me and my family; for me and my family's sake on my health Governor, please don't follow California. Thank you for your time, Governor, and thank you for our rights that you've stood up for during your time in office.

Very Respectfully,
    Nicholas Wallace, Sr.

I started the mud-flinging yesterday :-)

PV Master ECF Veteran

I started the mud-flinging yesterday :-)
    That letter was "nicely done"! Congrats and thanks!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast