Is it really about Vaping or is really about control?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Is it really about Vaping or is really about control?

Default Is it really about Vaping or is really about control?

Anyone else tired of being told what is best for you by the Powers That Be? Do we ever reach the age where we are intitled to make our own choices as long as they do not directly endanger others?

I grew up in a motorcyle riding family and non of us wore helments . Some where around the mid sixties helment became mandantory here in Georgia. Same with car seat belts , my first car with them was a '67 Mustang. I never rode in a childs car safety or booster seat , sleapt in a baby bed ,played in a crib, eat in a high chair and lived in a house all with lead paint. Every grammer and high school I went to had asbestose insulated steam pipes for heating.

I know ,all those things ruined my health that is why I am 68 and have never spent the night in a hospitle as a patient.

I smoked a few cigeratts as a child like many have. My parents let me smoke cigars as a younster under doctors advice .they also let me drink hard liquior in hot todies for colds and when I was 12 I drumk beer right along with the adults on fishing trips.

I have carried a permited handgun for the past 50 years except for the two years I was on active duty (Viet Nam 67-88) and yet I have only taken another's life while in the military.Now the Government wants to take away Gun Rights which us gun owners have been fighting for for 50 years or longer.

Now be good little boys and girls, go to work ,pay taxs, do not make any decesions on your own we (The Goverment) will decide what is best for you.
    telsie, Uma, chaos-7 and 4 others like this.

Of course it is. The dumbing down of society in general has left a chasm of difference between the liberal 'followers' and the conservative 'let me do it on my own' attitudes. Unfortunately the libs are now in the majority and think it's just fine for the government to control everything. That's what they want, expect, and will follow.

Ask people about NSA snooping and most will just say, "I'm not doing anything wrong so I don't care - it's in our best interest". Really? Yep!

This country has been turned upside down and most are just fine with it. I don't see anything changing any time soon. Fight the good fight!
    ZNinja and Anjaffm like this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Control every time.
    LadyPharaoh and Anjaffm like this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

That and a poop load a sin tax
    Anjaffm likes this.

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

--- control is not about ---s, it is about control.
    Anjaffm likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hm, simpler times.

Remember the Pinto.
    DancingHeretik likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2k View Post
    Hm, simpler times.

Remember the Pinto.
    My first car was a '78 Pinto. Screaming orange color.
    Uma likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have to disagree with the OP slightly. I agree that the government has become too controlling. You ought to try living in CA.

I am only 65, but Vietnam 69 -70, Long Binh, Bien Hoa 3rd of the 4th.

I have been riding bikes since 71, of course none of that p***y Harley stuff , and I always wore a helmet. Saved me twice. Besides, I don't want to have to pay for the guy who doesn't, and lives in a vegetative state for 20 years.

Seat belts, my folks raced sports cars back in the late 50s and 60s. Our street cars always had seat belts. Save me twice on roll over crashes and a rear end collision. Car seats, best thing ever invented.

Other than that, yea I agree with you.

Greg W.

PS Oh, yea spent one night in the hospital. Genetic heart defect. Corrected.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Control/Taxes. The government doesn't care about your health.
    LaraC and Anjaffm like this.

Q: Is it really about Vaping or is really about control?
    A: Control
    Uma, LaraC and Anjaffm like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast