Preparing For "Civil Disobedience".
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: Preparing For "Civil Disobedience".

Full Member* Verified Member

Default Preparing For "Civil Disobedience".

I know that there's a lot of advocacy and campaigning going on. As someone who has a lot of experience working with big-pharma, supplement companies and dealing with the FDA I just want to say keep fighting, but don't hold your breath.

The FDA doesn't exist to protect you. They don't care about your health, and they certainly don't care about petitions or what people think. They exist solely to protect the interest of the monopolies in the establishment. Big-pharma. Agriculture. They want to control what you can put into your body and who you can pay to get it from. That's where their interest ends.

My goal here isn't to convince those who may hold any illusions to the contrary to believe me. I won't go into my personal experiences or argue about it - but a good example is a movie I just watched called "Dallas Buyers Club" - pretty good flick and a somewhat accurate (although watered down) account of just how evil the FDA is.

Politics aside - I personally refuse to obey any future legislation telling me that I can't vape. They would effectively be murdering millions of smokers who vaping could save. My right to life is more important to me than their right to extortion.

I won't comply.

I won't tell others what to do, but I think it's best to be prepared if you wish to continue vaping after any laws are passed.

My hope with this thread is to take control away from them and put it into the hands of the people. I haven't done the research (and I may not have the time) - so I'm asking for help.

I'm sure the info is already widely available on this forum. I think it'd be great to have a central resource for 100% "open-source" vaping. If you have any links or insights to share myself and I'm sure plenty of others would appreciate information on...

-DIY PV's.
    -DIY Tanks, atties, etc.
    -DIY juices (flavor extracts, etc if current vendors get shut down).
    -DIY nicotine extract (I think liquid nicotine would be an easy target for them).
    -Other general advice and insights.

What are you doing to prepare? Any links/insights are greatly appreciated - and I'll do my best to contribute as I read up on it further.
    sherid, cyndezu, emus and 13 others like this.

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott2Quit View Post
    What are you doing to prepare?
    I have 10 years worth of nicotine in the freezer.

As for the rest of your post, I believe that it may in fact come down to organized civil disobedience at some point.
    I hope I am wrong. But if I'm right then I hope there are enough of us willing to do what needs doing.

Senior Member* ECF Veteran

All you would really need is a cache of nicotine and a rebuildable atomizer. Food flavoring, PG, VG and the printed circuit boards will not be banned because of their uses in other products. So if you can DIY for the liquid and build / find someone to build a mod then your golden. I don't see it going that way though. I more likely see nicotine becoming a controlled substance that is either controlled by big pharma or big tobacco. Then they can tax that to make vaping just as profitable for the govt as smoking is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

You'll find a number of threads over the years on ECF with this topic. I think that's one of the reasons mechanicals and rba's are so popular. People can maintain them. Anyone around in 2009 probably remembers when the FDA confiscated everything coming in from China without warning. They claimed they were unapproved medical devices, then lost in court. Folks have been stockpiling since then. There's lots of ideas posted if you do a search.

And Dallas Buyers Club was an excellent movie.
    olderthandirt and Jman8 like this.
    "Don't blink."

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC2 View Post

As for the rest of your post, I believe that it may in fact come down to organized civil disobedience at some point.
    I hope I am wrong. But if I'm right then I hope there are enough of us willing to do what needs doing.

I hope your wrong too, but the people today dont have the fortitude of our forefathers. Most only worry about who is playing football or baseball on Sunday. 90 percent are all scaredy babies. Our country is allready lost and everyone being taken down the garden path. They vote away their rights and rights of others, give in to taxation without representation and half the population wants guns removed from people - the fools. Cameras everywhere, government spying and still the people dont scream.
    Jonathan, emus, jpargana and 14 others like this.

JGG Proto,GGTS, GGTB , Stealth, JGG, Caravela, Polidiac #6, GUS Lord #78, Ti Prometey L.E. #1, Prometey 1, Prometey 2 #1, 17, Achilles #1, Gryphon,Hydra 2, DID, Mini DID, ZAU, ZAG, Hellfire, Iatty, UFS V1, Odysseus, Penelope, Nahual #16, Bliss, Nahual Proto Genisis ,Kato Hammer #536,

For those worried about "big tobacco" taking over because of political influence (I still haven't seen a cigarette commercial in the 2000s) they are GETTING INTO the e-cig business, some more deeply than others. So why would they be for regulation just as they are putting their towel in the ring? That is EXTREMELY poor business practices and since smoking/vaping is considered a nichè market, it would make it harder for them to recoup money lost from buying companies to shut down. This isn't WalMart vs Mom & Pop stores, its more like Hobby Lobby v Michaels.
    Edit: As far as "doing what needs to be done", this isn't pre-revolutionary days. Let's tone down the Rebel talk, and be realistic. There are a lot more pressing matters in politics that our focus should be on than vaping. Like getting "No Child Left Behind" (or as I like to call it, Every Child Left Behind) off the books, my childs education, or lack of, is a lot more important than my ability to vape.
    Last edited by JasonV; 02-24-2014 at 09:39 PM.
    Harlen and Robdob like this.

Senior Member* ECF Veteran cmknight's Avatar

Why would BT be FOR regulation? Because, when all is said and done with, their "cigalikes" will be ok, because everyone will KNOW it's an e-cig (and easier to kick the person using it to the curb), but our Vamo's and MVP's and Spinners, and tanks and carto's and Vivi Nova's, along with juices, will all be banned because ... we don't know what's in them, and we can't keep them away from the chil'uns, and we may be using them for other "stuff" ... we just don't know.

Just my worth.
    Jonathan, Stosh, Kari2000 and 5 others like this.

Edit: Apologies, not the proper forum.
    Last edited by Ohms Lawbreaker; 02-25-2014 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Apologies, not the proper forum.
    Anjaffm likes this.

The first thing to do as far as any organizing goes is to start a web site because I doubt this forum would allow discussion about what would then be illegal. I would hope the forum wouldn't shut down altogether but I don't know what we could even talk about then.... all past posts would have to be deleted so what's the point? They would then fall in the category of the unmentionable substances. I guess it would depend on how far the FDA goes... what they would deem illegal.
    Last edited by patkin; 02-25-2014 at 09:22 AM.
    Ohms Lawbreaker likes this.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

Dragon Lady ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC2 View Post

Same here. I am in Europe, and the proposed EU legislation to issue a de-facto ban on all vaping products currently on the market is scheduled to be discussed this week. Big Tobacco and Big Pharma have huge, well filled war chests full of money to pay off politicians. All we citizens have are our voices. The voices of citizens, human beings, against the money of Big Industry. Ha ha.

I am prepared to go underground. And I am prepared to buy from the Black Market. Once my - considerable - storage has been deplenished.

I am not prepared to let myself be victimized to serve the greed of Big Industry and corrupt bureaucrats.

And I agree with schuff:
    All you would really need is a cache of nicotine and a rebuildable atomizer. Food flavoring, PG, VG and the printed circuit boards will not be banned because of their uses in other products. So if you can DIY for the liquid and build / find someone to build a mod then your golden.
    Stock up on the necessary stuff to be independent of any sources for a long while.
    And then, a market will develop. Where there is demand, there is supply.

I never would have thought that I would have to go to the Black Market to live a healthier life.
    But that is what it will probably all boil down to.
    DC2, jpargana, Starlyte2 and 7 others like this.
    European Vapers: We need you! Please sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - for all of us!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast