Freedom
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Freedom

Mechanical Maniac Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Default Freedom

Freedom, and Free To Vape. Just words? To some maybe not to me. Freedom has never come cheaply. It has been fought for for so long it's almost taken for granted others will do the fighting for us.
    I'm CASAA and FreeToVape. I do what I can. Short of the government turning control of nicotine over to the DEA, subject to rewriting the drug laws to accommodate nicotine as a Schedule V Drug, all the governments energy so far is focused on flavors and keeping children safe from nicotine poisoning. Oh sure the hard core zealots are warning of future tobacco addiction among minors from all of the cool advertising of e-cigarettes but really all they got on us is flavors.

Let them use the FDA to regulate flavors, that shouldn't really matter. It does only because serious vendors haven't come up with a way to just sell the flavors in a concentrated enough formula without nicotine, and a nicotine base with each order. That would solve a lot of the DOOM going on. I would also add that DIY being as complicated as it is, the serious vendor put instructions on recommended nicotine base for each milligram per milliliter of juice.

ALWAYS FOLLOW SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
    Those can be found in the DIY section of this forum.

Hardwear, well my advice is buy now, regret later, GET THE MOD NOW BAYBEE! .. lol

Equipment isn't hard to get either, and isn't expensive. So instead of sitting back and wondering if one or two years down the road you will need to learn DIY, it is my suggestion that you go ahead with it. Oh and btw keep up with FreeToVape and CASAA and take action when needed. Sharing a bit of good news:

Yaaay!

The FDA has extended the Public Comment period by 30 days - to August 8th. Not a lot, but it sure is going to help in the numbers... with some much needed extra time for us to network and get the word out more. :-))

Literally - it is very much about the numbers! We are going to be noticed and taken seriously based on the ongoing positive application of our efforts.

We really need to reach all those people that are vaping - those that are just not aware yet, or are just not quite motivated enough to be heard yet. If they truly understood how the FDA hardware regulations are going to change their choices of equipment, and thus the quality of their vaping experience forever - eliciting additional collective support will certainly help our cause.

Many thanks from the vaping community, to those retail stores that are displaying the signage, and even handing out the new flyer! Your support and efforts are very much appreciated!

We still want to help the retail websites, in being a better resource to you; please let us know if you think of other ways we can help get the word out to your clientèle.

And to all of you that are on the street talking to/ educating all those people everyday - "Thank You So Very Much!!"

It is working! The numbers are steadily growing; we just need to keep our momentum strong.

We have made edits to the website, and all of the PDF documents, to reflect the new FDA public comment period deadline.
    Together, we can #SpreadTheWord-Free To Vape Team
    Last edited by Sirius; 06-25-2014 at 04:36 PM.

Psst..got any Caramel Wildwood?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran mooreted's Avatar

Like I said on another site, it's not so much about vaping for me, it the loss of freedom, the overreach of government. If people don't speak out, we will lose what freedoms we have left.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by mooreted View Post
    Like I said on another site, it's not so much about vaping for me, it the loss of freedom, the overreach of government. If people don't speak out, we will lose what freedoms we have left.
    Well Mooreted -- This was posted 3 days ago..glad at least ONE person gets it.
    mooreted likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by mooreted View Post
    Absolutely. I'm extra passionate about this particular issue because it directly affects me in a grave way but I also oppose any loss of freedom and personal choice. More choices are always better than less choices even if a byproduct of supporting that simple thought means more dangerous choices.

Every single layer of regulation and law that takes away freedom to choose your path in life and exercise free will is a step in the wrong direction. I don't need anyone protecting me from myself by force. I'll accept suggestion and guidance all day long but force really ticks me off. Even if it doesn't apply to me directly it applies to someone else's choice and free will and that is unacceptable.

These quotes from Gary Johnson come to mind.

"government should protect the value of individuals and their civil liberties and should not intervene in the private lives of individual citizens unnecessarily. Personal liberty and freedom from unwarranted governmental control or regulation should allow law abiding individuals to pursue their own desires as long as they are not causing harm to other people."

"the role of government is to protect us from individuals who might or do us harm, but should be out of our lives for the most part.

"our civil liberties are being eroded and Americans are giving up their civil rights in the name of fear."

Full Member Verified Member Jerrycat's Avatar

Did this.. for sure.. Thanks!
    Sirius likes this.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrycat View Post
    Did this.. for sure.. Thanks!
    Thank you Jerry!
    Free to Vape

Quote Bob Chill: More choices are always better than less choices even if a byproduct of supporting that simple thought means more dangerous choices.

But Bob, I have this superior intellect and I care so much for you that I simply can't allow you make a dangerous choice. Please let me control every aspect of your life, you will be SO much better off. Simply submit!
    Anjaffm and Sirius like this.
    To live as I choose is neither selfish nor immature; to demand that others live as I choose is both.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by CMD-Ky View Post
    Quote Bob Chill: More choices are always better than less choices even if a byproduct of supporting that simple thought means more dangerous choices.

But Bob, I have this superior intellect and I care so much for you that I simply can't allow you make a dangerous choice. Please let me control every aspect of your life, you will be SO much better off. Simply submit!
    LOL -- It's not like our government wants anything bad for us at all now is it?

http://e360.yale.edu/mobile/feature.msp?id=2364

Besides, they have bigger fish to fry..you know like Climate Change and the E-Cig advertising problem. Kids, eat ya fishies now, oh and don't use e-cigs it's smoking.
    Last edited by Sirius; 06-29-2014 at 11:06 PM.
    Anjaffm likes this.

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Short of the government turning control of nicotine over to the DEA, subject to rewriting the drug laws to accommodate nicotine as a Schedule V Drug, all the governments energy so far is focused on flavors and keeping children safe from nicotine poisoning. Oh sure the hard core zealots are warning of future tobacco addiction among minors from all of the cool advertising of e-cigarettes but really all they got on us is flavors.

Let them use the FDA to regulate flavors, that shouldn't really matter. It does only because serious vendors haven't come up with a way to just sell the flavors in a concentrated enough formula without nicotine, and a nicotine base with each order. That would solve a lot of the DOOM going on.
    All they have to do is eliminate nicotine base.

And it seems likely that it WILL be eliminated, unless someone can afford and apply for approval.
    That's the sticking point in all of this.

Reonaut Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Freedom, and Free To Vape. Just words? To some maybe not to me. Freedom has never come cheaply. It has been fought for for so long it's almost taken for granted others will do the fighting for us.
    I'm CASAA and FreeToVape. I do what I can. Short of the government turning control of nicotine over to the DEA, subject to rewriting the drug laws to accommodate nicotine as a Schedule V Drug, all the governments energy so far is focused on flavors and keeping children safe from nicotine poisoning. Oh sure the hard core zealots are warning of future tobacco addiction among minors from all of the cool advertising of e-cigarettes but really all they got on us is flavors.

Let them use the FDA to regulate flavors, that shouldn't really matter. It does only because serious vendors haven't come up with a way to just sell the flavors in a concentrated enough formula without nicotine, and a nicotine base with each order. That would solve a lot of the DOOM going on. I would also add that DIY being as complicated as it is, the serious vendor put instructions on recommended nicotine base for each milligram per milliliter of juice.

ALWAYS FOLLOW SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
    Those can be found in the DIY section of this forum.

Hardwear, well my advice is buy now, regret later, GET THE MOD NOW BAYBEE! .. lol

Equipment isn't hard to get either, and isn't expensive. So instead of sitting back and wondering if one or two years down the road you will need to learn DIY, it is my suggestion that you go ahead with it. Oh and btw keep up with FreeToVape and CASAA and take action when needed. Sharing a bit of good news:

Yaaay!

Love this post. nice to see some enthusiasm.

As far as DIY goes. If it comes down to it the only thing i see is the nic being done away with. If it comes down to it I will continue to DIY but with no nic rather than EVER switch to smoking again.

And as far as the equipment goes.... I doubt that it will ever be banned but in the case it does. Preparation. I'm already learning how to build my own mod. For 80 dollars I have all the supplies needed to make a DNA 20 box mod.

Once I do I will be posting step by step with pictures and links so that everyone, even those like me with no experience can build one.
    jpargana, CMD-Ky, Sirius and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast