Million Vaper March?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Million Vaper March?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default Million Vaper March?

I know as it now stands the problem with e-cig bans is coming at us quickly on a state by state basis so perhaps a "march on Washington" might now make sense to people but I don't think it could hurt if we could get media coverage.

Perhaps tens of thousands standing together in Washington would do more than a few hundred or a few thousand protesting in the various states (NY, IL and MD)

Is this a pipe dream?

Does anyone have any estimate as to the turn out for vapefest?

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I wish, because something like this is desperately needed.

But how many vapers do we really have?
    And how many of them could afford to attend such an event?
    And how many of them could get the time off from work?

All I can tell you is I would do all of the above if the turnout would be significant.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I live in NY - I could sleep 6 and drive down.

What our true numbers are is a blind spot for me and as people have stated you know there are countless people who are e-cig smokers but DON'T go online often let alone join a forum.

I mentioned this forum last night to a friend and he was like: WHY are you spending time talking to strangers online?

Perhaps the best we could hope for is some kind of coordinated effort that would occur at the same time on both coasts, the midwest, etc. certainly not ideal but perhaps better than nothing?

CES
    optimistic cynic Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It's not Washington, and i don't know if there are a million of us yet.....but there is a CASAA event coming up in Mobile, Alabama Casaa concert update!!!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by yanks21 View Post
    I live in NY - I could sleep 6 and drive down.

What our true numbers are is a blind spot for me and as people have stated you know there are countless people who are e-cig smokers but DON'T go online often let alone join a forum.

I mentioned this forum last night to a friend and he was like: WHY are you spending time talking to strangers online?

Perhaps the best we could hope for is some kind of coordinated effort that would occur at the same time on both coasts, the midwest, etc. certainly not ideal but perhaps better than nothing?
    Yanks21, you need to get your people together and go to Albany, NY and nag your legislature. Get them to amend the bill to only ban the e-cigarettes to minors, that is all that needs to be done since the FDA will not classify them as tobacco products which automatically bans them for minors. If the FDA would do their job properly we would not be having these problems. Also remind them Judge Leon ruled they were tobacco products. The FDA is not the last word in this matter, the courts are.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I do have Vacation time to use. May not have the $$$ 4 the trip as it all seems to go to V4L these days.

I do have a perfectly functioning thumb and look good in a miniskirt (don't ask). So just give me the date and I will be there.

LETS March on the FDA Headquarters!!!!

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lonercom View Post
    I do have Vacation time to use. May not have the $$$ 4 the trip as it all seems to go to V4L these days.

I do have a perfectly functioning thumb and look good in a miniskirt (don't ask). So just give me the date and I will be there.

LETS March on the FDA Headquarters!!!!
    Now there's an idea!

Jan

Super Member ECF Veteran

Sorry for those who replied yesterday I missed that more people had responded.

Quote Originally Posted by taz3cat View Post
    Yanks21, you need to get your people together and go to Albany, NY and nag your legislature. Get them to amend the bill to only ban the e-cigarettes to minors, that is all that needs to be done since the FDA will not classify them as tobacco products which automatically bans them for minors. If the FDA would do their job properly we would not be having these problems. Also remind them Judge Leon ruled they were tobacco products. The FDA is not the last word in this matter, the courts are.
    Unfortunately taz I don't have "people" I am the only person amongst my immediate group of friends and family that smoke

I have both called and writen to my reps and other in neighboring districts.

Also, as stated in my original post:

Perhaps tens of thousands standing together in Washington would do more than a few hundred or a few thousand protesting in the various states (NY, IL and MD)
    I'm sure you've seen both pathetic tea parties where about 40 people attended and larger ones were thousands did and anytime I've seen the ones where there are only 30-40 people they just come off as looking pathetic to me. Unfortunately, I don't think anything less than at least a few thousand would make much of a difference or getting any real kind of attention.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I don't see a massive rally in DC happening, but what about planning some some vaping flash mobs?
    Smoke-free since Oct '09 thanks to ecigs!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I like the idea of a well timed well thought out flash mob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast