Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: What to do - Proposed bans in 4 states

Super Member ECF Veteran

Yeah, I got a copy of that too. It's really negative, so I've got to wonder why they voted nay? What was the deciding factor and can we use it with other states?

2. Advertisement
    ECF Guru

Again, this quote here from the summary of the defeated bill was key:

However, manufacturers maintain that their products are safe, and in February 2010, a federal judge ruled that FDA cannot regulate electronic cigarettes as drug-delivery devices.

When you write them, quote the SE v. FDA case--it helps far more then any other song and dance as law makers love to pass the buck to the Courts.

Sun

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've started a new thread with the NYS Senate and Assembly Health Committee members' contact information, since both bills have been referred to committee. Please go there and make it a priority to contact these people - let's kill the bills in committee!

New York Priority Contacts!

In case anyone's wondering WHY I still have the SD as my sig, it's because I got my first ecig in January 2008 but still smoked for 10 months, until I got my first SD. I have other APVs, but also still love and use my SD (with a Bulli on top). I will be forever grateful to Trog for saving my life!

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Sir_Lawrence's Avatar

What gets me about this whole thing is that cigarettes are allowed, even though they have to have cancer printed all over it. And they want to ban e-cigs! California is going to legalize pot, and that's ok. Alcohol causes so many deaths and addiction problems, and jail sentences, family breakup, injured spouses... But all of these are OK.

Until the government agencies can find their way of making their profit share in e-cigs, they will keep trying to ban them. It's all about money, not health.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Shish! What's wrong with you? Did you want them to take those away too?

Actually, they've tried taking all those away and it didn't work. The FDA's been trying to get rid of cigarettes since the early part of the last century, and Congress and the Supreme Court have repeatedly said no. We all know how alcohol prohibition went. And MJ, come on, it just makes sense to legalize it at this point.

I think different segments of the 'anti's' have different motivations. I think the FDA genuinely feels that nicotine is a drug that they should regulate. Plus, with so little testing, they just feel like they are doing their job. We know we're all guinea pigs, the FDA doesn't like that.

Moved On

I so miss my Cloves... Now I wont smoke them since there more of a cigar now.
    flavored smokes are illegal Took very little time to ban them.
    But flavored pipe tobacco or cigars are legal.
    FDA only recently asked for ingredients of cigarettes. Marlboro has most on there site. Yes with FDA APPROVED.
    But that does not mean they are fda approved when combined.
    wow california plans to legalize pot? haven't heard that 1.
    pm me info on it if u can. Very Curious.

Government control has gone way overboard. It's simply about taxes and power. They could care less if something keeps you from dying. Luckily, I quit before someone gave me a kit. If they do get banned I'll support peoples' right to use the e-cigs as they see fit. Anything that helps someone quit is a good thing. For me it was patches for others e-cigs. ...not any different.

I also heard they're investigating menthol cigarettes. smh

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya Dave View Post
    I so miss my Cloves... Now I wont smoke them since there more of a cigar now.
    flavored smokes are illegal Took very little time to ban them.
    But flavored pipe tobacco or cigars are legal.
    FDA only recently asked for ingredients of cigarettes. Marlboro has most on there site. Yes with FDA APPROVED.
    But that does not mean they are fda approved when combined.
    wow california plans to legalize pot? haven't heard that 1.
    pm me info on it if u can. Very Curious.
    Cali is going to vote on legalizing ......... in November, I believe. ...probably just for medicinal purposes though.

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by krill View Post
    Cali is going to vote on legalizing ......... in November, I believe. ...probably just for medicinal purposes though.
    Its already legal with card... LOL just still not legal by federal means LOL.
    I don't really care if it is or not.
    Alcohol was illegal until they found a way to tax & Control it.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast