Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By therealcmac

Thread: OMGZ my VV of many names (knight rider) is broken!

Default OMGZ my VV of many names (knight rider) is broken!

So after 2 faithful months my VV mod has gone ca-puts, unless this problem has happened with any one else. Please help.

No matter what carto, clearomizer, adaptor I use, and any combination of voltage I get the same results. When I go to fire up the mod I don't get a "sizzling" noise from the carto. I have to shake it or tilt it to get it to work, and when it does work it's only for a sec. I'm thinking there is a problem with contact points, I usually clean it often so I don't think that could be the problem.

I tried all my cartos in circulation on my ego battery and it fires every time. So I guess 3 ish questions.

Has this happened to any one? and can it be fixed?

Are there other price friendly vv mods with long battery life out there? if so a pm with mod and vendor would be greatly appreciated.

Should I buy a new one? or go with a Provari from vaporsolutions?

Thanks for your time guys.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Try to GENTLY pull up the post in the 510 connection....I used a little tiny flat head screwdriver to just pull it up a tiny bit. It may have been squished down a bit by something being screwed on too tight or an adaptor.
    Vingod likes this.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Lavatubes have been known to short out. I would contact the vendor you got it from and see if you have any recourse.

Banner courtesy of a wonderful ECF member :)
    (✌゚∀゚)☞

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Hey Vingod, sad to hear about your LT woes.
    Might I suggest a little stretch of the batt. spring?
    And you may wanna have the batts. outta the unit if your gonna pry on the pin

CASAA NEEDS OUR SUCCESS STORIES USING E-CIGS TO CUT DOWN ON OR TO GET OFF SMOKING CIGARETTES. PLEASE TAKE A FEW MINUTES AND SHARE YOUR STORY HERE! http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ollection.html THANK-YOU!

Great advice guys. Can't wait to get home and see if I can revive my LT.
    Thanks will keep you posted.

Super Member ECF Veteran albertbert's Avatar

Do you have a multimeter? If you don't, you should grab a cheap one, they are great for checking batteries and cartos. Anyway, you should use one to see if anything is happening when you press the button. That would narrow the problem down a little bit.

Super Member ECF Veteran

check your bottom for oxidization. Look at the spring it could have corrosion on the top and the bottom.
    The spring is steel and the bottom cap is aluminum perfect corrosion partners.
    take out the spring and clean the spring with steel wool, than clean the inside of the bottom cap where the spring sits in and the rest of the aluminum cap till it is all shiny again.

If you have some nolax? use it otherwise some light grease will help with limiting future corrosion.

Happened to one of my LT's fixed as I described.

Let us know if that was it..

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My first one did this. The pos. Solder point had come loose.
    That'll put marzipan in your pie plate, bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by therealcmac View Post
    Try to GENTLY pull up the post in the 510 connection....I used a little tiny flat head screwdriver to just pull it up a tiny bit. It may have been squished down a bit by something being screwed on too tight or an adaptor.
    So just as Therealmac said, I pulled the 510 post just a tad. It fires every time.
    I'm going to start saving for a new VV mod. What other solid VV mod option do I have besides a Provari and a LT.

Thanks a bunch!!