Shipping question for Ontarians who have ordered from Gentlemen's Reserve - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Shipping question for Ontarians who have ordered from Gentlemen's Reserve

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Sorry, I told a lie. It wasn't Xpresspost, rather Canada Post Express, now that I look at it again. Not sure of the difference, actually, but there you go.

I suppose the extra cost would have been fairly immaterial after ordering 80 bucks' worth of goods, but I just chose the cheapest shipping option they had out of reflex, figuring it'd be a week at most, based on past experience with cross-country parcels.

Live and learn, I suppose.

Edit: My package is now on the mainland! Maybe I will get it sooner than I think.
    Last edited by MisterMike; 04-24-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yeah I've found that cp isn't always that good at updating their website. With some of my orders from Ontario I've seen packages supposedly in the same post office for 2 or 3 days then all of a sudden its in Regina which means a next day delivery.

Full Member Supporting Member

Live in Timmins, Ont., and I order from (cevstore) Victoria, BC.. Package is here in 4 business days. I place an order on Monday, I'll get it Friday. xpress or Regular, always 4 day's. I no longer fork out the extra cash to xpress)
    I'm hoping you get your package soon..
    Last edited by frenchy128; 04-25-2012 at 01:09 AM. Reason: added a line

Flying on Empty Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

An envelope will typically get delivered within 5 business days, whereas a package of any size is first subjected to being thrown as hard as possible against the nearest wall a minimum of 7 times to ensure there are no fragile items inside. The package is then carefully secreted at the bottom of their large package container to ensure it is properly seasoned by having a couple of 200lb + items dumped on top of it. This has the added benefit of making the parcel much harder to see and all but guarantees it will be in the sending station for at least 3 days before anyone finds it. Once discovered it is tossed into the back of a truck and driven, late at night and at high speed, to an airport where it is lobbed into a sea of packages to be sorted. 2 or 3 days later it is again discovered and stuffed into a bag with other packages all destined to the same place -- Afghanistan.

There it is re-routed to an awaiting transport back to Canada and jettisoned 30,000 ft above the receiving station in the hopes that it gets spotted laying somewhere on the grounds by a mailman who picks it up, takes it home and spends hours doing strange and unspeakable things to it. The following morning a card is left on the door of the addressee notifying them that the package can be picked up the following business day which always winds up being the Tuesday following a long weekend. Hopefully that helps you decide what carrier to use.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act
    Quit the stinky sticks January 12, 2012

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frenchy128 View Post
    Live in Timmins, Ont., and I order from (cevstore) Victoria, BC.. Package is here in 4 business days. I place an order on Monday, I'll get it Friday. xpress or Regular, always 4 day's. I no longer fork out the extra cash to xpress)
    I'm hoping you get your package soon..
    Holy snap!!! small world LOL born and raised there and left in 2006 =))
    Last edited by WolfeReign; 04-25-2012 at 05:49 PM.

I'm in Regina, and have ordered a lot of stuff from Daniel. I always use the xpresspost option, since anything I have sent any other way invariably gets lost by those doofusses in the post office. The norm is 48 hours to Regina from time I place the order...rarely it has taken 72 hours. Overall, awesome service

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Smile n' shine View Post
    Expect the 9 days, I've never sent or received anything from Ont to BC or vice versa that was faster than predicted. Unless you pay and arm & a leg.
    I am all set,I expect little vapemail and most should be here this week or early the next...I think ima make the cut-off

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorthist View Post
    An envelope will typically get delivered within 5 business days, whereas a package of any size is first subjected to being thrown as hard as possible against the nearest wall a minimum of 7 times to ensure there are no fragile items inside. The package is then carefully secreted at the bottom of their large package container to ensure it is properly seasoned by having a couple of 200lb + items dumped on top of it. This has the added benefit of making the parcel much harder to see and all but guarantees it will be in the sending station for at least 3 days before anyone finds it. Once discovered it is tossed into the back of a truck and driven, late at night and at high speed, to an airport where it is lobbed into a sea of packages to be sorted. 2 or 3 days later it is again discovered and stuffed into a bag with other packages all destined to the same place -- Afghanistan.

There it is re-routed to an awaiting transport back to Canada and jettisoned 30,000 ft above the receiving station in the hopes that it gets spotted laying somewhere on the grounds by a mailman who picks it up, takes it home and spends hours doing strange and unspeakable things to it. The following morning a card is left on the door of the addressee notifying them that the package can be picked up the following business day which always winds up being the Tuesday following a long weekend. Hopefully that helps you decide what carrier to use.
    ...then,you go with the little card and take delivery of said crushed envellope with a big gaping tear in it that cost you $300

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12