Viva Nova Questions??
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Viva Nova Questions??

Full Member ECF Veteran

Default Viva Nova Questions??

With all the talk on the Vivi Nova's I decided to try one out. It arrived yesterday and first of all I was a bit shocked at the size of it!!! Now I understand the talk on Mini Nova's.

So, currently it has a 2.4 in it. It also came with a 1.8 and a 2.8. I only have EGO batteries, 4 1000's and 2 900's, neither of which work with the 2.4 (battery lights keep flashing). Which other (is it called coil?) am I supposed to put in it? And secondly how to you change it? (I don't want to keep wasting juice fiddling with it).

Oops, sorry should be vivi nova!!!!

Many thanks.

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

I think they're called "heads", but coil will work just dandy too. You can call it the cooker heaty thingy with dreadlocks and I think we'd getcha.

Try the 1.8, the 2.8 is too high (higher resistance = higher volts needed). It's odd that the battery just flashes though, I assume they're fully charged and you've tried more than one battery. I haven't had trouble on 4 ego batteries with my 2.4 head, but I (luckily) haven't run into many issues with any liquid feeds yet. Someone more versed in these issues may be of more help, sorry

To change it, just drain the tank, remove the bottom cap/post, and unscrew the head/coil. Screw a new one on and put it back together. Easy peasy.
    chagrin likes this.

Your eGo batteries should be fine with all 3 of these different ohm rated heads. with the eGo batteries though the 1.8 and 2.4 should be the better vape. If you have an eGo twist the 2.8 would be good at 4.2-4.8 volts (set to taste). It might be that you have a faulty 2.4 ohm head for your Vivi Nova and I would try to put the 1.8 ohm head on it. Don't change the head while the Vivi Nova is still on a battery. To change the head, grasp it tight on both sides between the wicks without touching the wicks and turn the head out counter clockwise. You don't want to pull on the wicks as it might sever the connection or short your head. when you put your new head in don't over tighten as it has o-rings to seal the connection and you don't want to damage the connection in the head by accidently pulling on the wicks. I hope this has helped. You can also check out PBusardo's videos on Youtube for more info on this and other devices.
    RollandOfGilead likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Mr bill hit it right on the head ....pun intended

Full Member ECF Veteran

OK, it works now and I didn't change a thing!!!! On both battery types!!!! I can see now where the head screws too when I want to change it out.

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cdnreturner View Post
    OK, it works now and I didn't change a thing!!!! On both battery types!!!! I can see now where the head screws too when I want to change it out.

Many thanks.
    No problem. Happy vaping

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Toronto_Mike's Avatar

A blinking ego battery usually is the sign that it needs to be recharged. I believe it's 10 blinks in a row. In can also be a warning that there is a full short on the circuit.

The coil may be off center and in contact with the metal tube or the coil may be shorting on the bottom side. This could be caused from not trimming the coil flush with the bottom connector. For what ever reason, you might want to mark it defective & replace it or try to repair it.
    recidivus likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Ya don't feel bad, 1 box set of the V2 was perfect, got a box of the V3 and 2 of the heads are a bit wonky.
    But also don't toss out your coil heads when they are done. Super simple to rebuild.

Ascended to Nirvana Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by recidivus View Post
    I think they're called "heads", but coil will work just dandy too. You can call it the cooker heaty thingy with dreadlocks and I think we'd getcha.

I laughed so hard and was reminded of another benefit to vaping over cigarettes: I didn't go into a coughing spasm.
    Rickajho likes this.

Caravela #294, REO's with RM2's: Grand, VVGs, VVWs including Tesla, Mini 2.1s, & Woodvils, Mamu DNA20 Delsy,
    ProVari/ZAP, lizardnipples, RBA's and RDA's with a few Trippy Tips on top

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by XCypher View Post
    But also don't toss out your coil heads when they are done. Super simple to rebuild.
    I built my first coil and it took me about 5 min. there is lots of videos on Youtube to see how. Really simple

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast