kanger pro tank... hello.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: kanger pro tank... hello..

  1. #11
    Senior Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    mad maori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    233

    Default

    there was a post on ecf.. and on gotvapes site saying that kanger have had problems with the glass tank in the manufacturing process, resulting in leaky tanks- so i guess there will be delays while its sorted out..

  2. #12
    Full Member Virtual Realist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Be careful what you wish for. I've got 4 of them and they are pretty much all duds...haven't had a full tank out of any of them. But when they work, man, they are great!

  3. #13
    ECF Moderator
    Original Guru
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Dusty_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    11,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Realist View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. I've got 4 of them and they are pretty much all duds...haven't had a full tank out of any of them. But when they work, man, they are great!
    Would you mind sharing some more details, VR? What doesn't work exactly?

  4. #14
    Full Member Virtual Realist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty_D View Post
    Would you mind sharing some more details, VR? What doesn't work exactly?
    One would not hold liquid at all. Leaked between glass and metal.
    The other 3 flood consistently. Just as the level dips below the mouthpiece, I can expect gurgling, followed by ejuice in the mouth. I now have a 'vape sponge' thanks to a Kanger apologist in the States and have to take them apart and dry them out.
    I have removed wicks as others have suggested and did manage to get 1 tank about halfway finished before gurgling.
    But up to that point, these tanks are delicious. And if I could get 3 or 4 that work properly, I would probably quit the Vivi's and the iClear30s...

  5. #15
    ECF Moderator
    Original Guru
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Dusty_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    11,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Realist View Post
    One would not hold liquid at all. Leaked between glass and metal.
    The other 3 flood consistently. Just as the level dips below the mouthpiece, I can expect gurgling, followed by ejuice in the mouth. I now have a 'vape sponge' thanks to a Kanger apologist in the States and have to take them apart and dry them out.
    I have removed wicks as others have suggested and did manage to get 1 tank about halfway finished before gurgling.
    But up to that point, these tanks are delicious. And if I could get 3 or 4 that work properly, I would probably quit the Vivi's and the iClear30s...
    Have you attempted to rebuild one of the coils?

  6. #16
    Registered Supplier ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    GTA, Canada
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Just received mine today, shall try it tonight and let everyone knows.

  7. #17
    Full Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ottawa, Ont, Canada
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Mine is working fine. Similar to the EVOD for taste/design but a wide open airy draw!
    Similarly to the EVOD I didn’t pull out any wicks like I did on the MT3 and Vapeonly. I have no leaking and it’s performing well… as well as anything with suck a wide open draw can.
    It’s definitely usable but last night I got tired of the draw and pulled one air hole. Surprisingly it did not make that much of a difference but it’s a little better.

    ** edit**
    Stock installed could is 2.6ohm and I did not check the replacement. It came with only 1 extra and at 2.6 these things should last a while.
    Last edited by Vapo_Dave; 04-09-2013 at 07:22 PM.

  8. #18
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Realist View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. I've got 4 of them and they are pretty much all duds...haven't had a full tank out of any of them. But when they work, man, they are great!
    picked up a few protank yesterday from capitalnicfit they have them for $14+tax comes to $16!!!! this is best price i have seen them for in canada or the states. only one other canadien vendor i see have them for close to this at $2 more + tax so capitalnicfit price i have yet to see beat. don't hate me cuz i am bargain shopper, i do not have alot of moneysome review say these are airy but i prefer that to the tight draw that the iclear has and the glass tank is somethin that i am very happy to see come around. common canada post be quick and get me my protanks!! CP did not let me down, vaping like a champ with the Protank!! zero issues at all and I have using it non-stop for 3 hours now. Virtual Realist I think you are the only person that has a protank that has issue have not heard those trouble from anyone maybe jus bad luck? or possible yours were from a first batch that had issue?

  9. #19
    Full Member Virtual Realist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty_D View Post
    Have you attempted to rebuild one of the coils?
    Nope! I'm not into rebuilding. Removing wicks was as far as I am prepared to go. Generally, if it doesn't work right out of the box, it's crap to me!

  10. #20
    Full Member Virtual Realist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimesmok View Post
    picked up a few protank yesterday from capitalnicfit they have them for $14+tax comes to $16!!!! this is best price i have seen them for in canada or the states. only one other canadien vendor i see have them for close to this at $2 more + tax so capitalnicfit price i have yet to see beat. don't hate me cuz i am bargain shopper, i do not have alot of moneysome review say these are airy but i prefer that to the tight draw that the iclear has and the glass tank is somethin that i am very happy to see come around. common canada post be quick and get me my protanks!! CP did not let me down, vaping like a champ with the Protank!! zero issues at all and I have using it non-stop for 3 hours now. Virtual Realist I think you are the only person that has a protank that has issue have not heard those trouble from anyone maybe jus bad luck? or possible yours were from a first batch that had issue?
    I don't know what it is, longtime, but I haven't given up. These tanks are everything I want. Just as soon as everybody has a crack at them and are satisfied, I will buy more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks