Health Canada starts shutting down E-Cigarette vendors. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Health Canada starts shutting down E-Cigarette vendors.

Full Member Verified Member

This is what we in the USA have to look forward to when we finally make the full-fledged transition to socialized healthcare. I feel bad for you Canadians and I feel bad for us since we will be in your shoes in a few short years. My condolences.
    stevegmu likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Well, I don't want to get into a debate, but your statement is practically a non sequitur considering this has nothing to do with public health care. HC is just the Canadian FDA.

You can, however, look forward to paying about half of what you currently do.

Chiku and glycerol like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Concat View Post
    You can, however, look forward to paying about half of what you currently do.
    not all US citizens will have lower health care costs ... one thing they can bank on though ... endless waiting lists.
    Smoke Free since Sept. 22nd 2013 ... Keep Calm & Vape On

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Let's keep it on topic please. Thank you.
    Last edited by retired1; 12-05-2013 at 01:37 PM.
    glycerol likes this.

Full Member Verified Member

It's unbelievable that HC tries to enforce laws that don't even exist. They assume that people don't know the politics of ecigs and that people are going to just listen to whatever they say. Wrong! We new what's going on and we're not going to back down without a fight. This HC threatening vendors is all a game, there is really nothing they can do legally, so we just need to stand out ground and we wont be going anywhere anytime soon!
    Zurd likes this.

Vape 4 Life Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dahlialady View Post
    Wow. Sorry if I jumped the gun. Since I just started vaping last month and have not had the urge for a cigarette (Could never say that for 33 years) I freaked when I saw this article. It's one of the best things that's ever happened to me and my health. So basically HC has been trying these tactics all along? Well I guess we are better off than some countries where it is illegal.
    Vape on!
    Don't be sorry, all news is appreciated, as many of us are fairly new to Vapeing. The more we know the better prepared we can be.

Vapeing for Freedom

Senior Member ECF Veteran glycerol's Avatar

They have no case since it's not legally regulated. If I was her, I'd just stop selling nic juices for a while until HC forget about me.
    Kamry X10 on a Kamry K100

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

The vendor still need to consult and pay for legal advice in which case $$$$$. That's the tactics that HC is using and for a small vendor, it will be difficult to fight. At the same time HC is just forcing e-cig to go underground. The pressure must be from the big Tobacco Companies. In Canada those big companies should fight against those cheap native indians cigarettes instead of point the fingers at the e-cigarettes vendors in general. I believe that all vendors should join forces and fight for this across all provinces.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by cxm322 View Post
    This is what we in the USA have to look forward to when we finally make the full-fledged transition to socialized healthcare. I feel bad for you Canadians and I feel bad for us since we will be in your shoes in a few short years. My condolences.
    I don't see the relationship between this issue and the Canadian healthcare system.

I'm sorely tempted to reply at greater length -- probably like many Canadians, I have a love/hate relationship with our healthcare system. But unlike most Canadians, I grew up in the US and have some first hand knowledge of both systems -- but this really isn't the appropriate place to debate this issue.

Regards
    Glenn
    glycerol and Harlen like this.

Devices: Gus Telescopic, Provari Mini, KFL+, Siam Cobra, AC9, some other stuff

No laws are being broken by the vendor so it is just a bluff by Heath Canada. The vendor is a fighter and HC will back down yet again.

Canadian Vendors, keep up the good work! I'm rooting for and buying from you!
    Zurd and dahlialady like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast