Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Health Canada starts shutting down E-Cigarette vendors.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Does EndShop have an online store? If they do I'll place an order to support the cause.

Ultra Member Verified Member Harlen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It all comes down to the money who's getting payed ??
    Talyon, Wolffy and dahlialady like this.

Both my wife and I are noob vapers. I am 4 weeks analog free now and the more I read the more I get upset at Health Canada and the media for spreading 1/2 truths and lies about vaping. My wife and I offered our support to EndShop and hope she fights this tooth and claw. If it comes to a court battle we have offered donations to help Endshop fight this once and for all.
    Talyon, glycerol, Wolffy and 4 others like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member LDS714's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mechlove View Post
    It's unbelievable that HC tries to enforce laws that don't even exist.
    They're just playing the role of The Central Scrutinizer - a frictional character introduced in the album (rock opera) Joe's Garage, recorded by Frank Zappa in 1979.

PRELUDE

Desperate nerds in high offices all over the world have been known to enact the most disgusting pieces of legislation in order to win votes (or, in places where they don't get to vote, to control unwanted forms of mass behavior).
    Environmental laws were not passed to protect our air and water... they were passed to get votes. Seasonal anti-smut campaigns are not conducted to rid our communities of moral rot...they are conducted to give an aura of saintliness to the office-seekers who demand them. If a few key phrases are thrown into any speech (as the expert advisors explain to
    these various heads of state) votes will roll in, bucks will roll in, and, most importantly, power will be maintained by the groovy guy (or gal) who gets the most media coverage for his sleaze. Naturally, his friends in various businesses will do okay too.
    All governments perpetuate themselves through the daily commission of acts which a rational person might find to be stupid or dangerous (or both).

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet. It is also my responsibility to alert each and every one of you to the potential consequences of various ordinary everyday activities you might be performing which could eventually lead to *The Death Penalty* (or affect your parents' credit rating). Our criminal institutions are full of little creeps like you who do wrong things...
    Talyon and dahlialady like this.

Grand Vizier of Vape Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Greetings Nirothfx; Have you been in touch with End Shop personally?

If there were any sort of legal fund started to help out the vendor, I would definitely contribute -- I don't have bucketloads of money to throw into the pot, but I definitely want to do what I can. If all of us Canadian vapers -- or at least those of us who participate in one of the vaping forums -- kicked in $10 or $20, it might really make a diff. If HC gets stopped legally with this case, you would have to think that it would be reluctant to go after other vendors.

Do you know whether EndShop has a lawyer working on this case?

Regards
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Nirothfx View Post
    Both my wife and I are noob vapers. I am 4 weeks analog free now and the more I read the more I get upset at Health Canada and the media for spreading 1/2 truths and lies about vaping. My wife and I offered our support to EndShop and hope she fights this tooth and claw. If it comes to a court battle we have offered donations to help Endshop fight this once and for all.

Devices: Gus Telescopic, Provari Mini, KFL+, Siam Cobra, AC9, some other stuff

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

This is from The End's facebook page:

I just want to give a HUGE shout out to you all! All of my awesome customers and I don't like calling you customers because to me we're all just a big vape family.

To all of the people who have called, e-mailed and came in offering financial support for a lawyer I am absolutely speechless. At this time I won't be requiring those services but I so deeply appreciate the amazing support I have received from you all. Thank-You.

As I have said to all of the media outlets since I was on CBC Maritime Noon, CBC NEWS at 6, CTV news at 6, New Glasgow News, Pictou Advocate and Chronicle Herald, I am not a criminal, I am just a vaper offering my knowledge to those around me. Vaping is an awesome thing and I love it, some people have stamp collections and love them...and share them and even sell them. We all have our vices.

To the people who called as a group about making a human wall, you are all hilarious I can't believe it. To the other vendors who have contacted me this morning that have all received their cease and desist 'advisories' *high five* together we will make a change. Kudos to you all.

To my awesome friends and family who are helping me whether it be in shop or out of shop, I have mad love for you all. Also, thanks for volunteering your time... you all rock.

Also, thank-you to CBC Maritime Noon, Jack Julian, CTV News, New Glasgow News and Chronicle Hearld and the Pictou Advocate for making sure a positive light was shed on this situation and the fist bumps...they were pretty cool too.

I'm sure the orchestra is trying to play me off of my soap box I just want each and every one of you to know that I deeply appreciate you and you are all the reason why THE END will NOT give up.
    Talyon, Wolffy, dahlialady and 1 others like this.

Another Canadian vendor, Northern Vapers, recently received a letter from Health Canada, too. The vendor posted the letter they received and also their response to HC: Health Canada Claims E-Juice with Nicotine is a Drug - Northern Vapers Victoria BC

Kudos to Northern Vapers
    Talyon and Wolffy like this.

Does receiving a letter mean the same thing as being shut down in Canada?

A letter like that from the federal government may unnerve some vendors and cause them to shut down instead of challenging it.

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post
    Does receiving a letter mean the same thing as being shut down in Canada?
    No, it does not.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast