Health Canada starts shutting down E-Cigarette vendors. - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Health Canada starts shutting down E-Cigarette vendors.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Makes one wonder who at health canada write those letters and send it, knowing full well it's false and misleading. I mean, there' got to be a regular employee writing it and truthfully thinking what it contain is the truth.

Vamo Shrink + IGO-L + Kanthal 30g + ~1.5 ohms + Rayon + CGR18650CH 2200mAh

Quote Originally Posted by Zurd View Post
    Makes one wonder who at health canada write those letters and send it, knowing full well it's false and misleading. I mean, there' got to be a regular employee writing it and truthfully thinking what it contain is the truth.
    I did a Google search using Health Canada and ********* (a major manufacturer of the patch and nicotine gum). One of the results I eventually found eventually led to this page found on Zen E-cigarette's website.
    The Thruth about HEALTH CANADA

While no actual 'proof' of coercion is posted, I find it curious that there doesn't seem to be any action by Health Canada to take the page down. I'd place a huge bet on Health Canada knowing about that page.
    glycerol likes this.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by VCat View Post
    Another Canadian vendor, Northern Vapers, recently received a letter from Health Canada, too. The vendor posted the letter they received and also their response to HC: Health Canada Claims E-Juice with Nicotine is a Drug - Northern Vapers Victoria BC

Kudos to Northern Vapers
    The HC who wrote the letter didn't recognize her last name should be in Capital. How professional is that!?

The problem I see is the Nicotine. A lot of sites make you sign on before you see the nicotine products, but in NV case, you don't need to do that at all.

ECF Veteran

Rob Ford would never let these shenanigans happen
    Talyon and Yakone like this.
    Smoke Free since Sept. 22nd 2013 ... Keep Calm & Vape On

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolffy View Post
    I did a Google search using Health Canada and ********* (a major manufacturer of the patch and nicotine gum). One of the results I eventually found eventually led to this page found on Zen E-cigarette's website.
    The Thruth about HEALTH CANADA

While no actual 'proof' of coercion is posted, I find it curious that there doesn't seem to be any action by Health Canada to take the page down. I'd place a huge bet on Health Canada knowing about that page.
    wow that's one good article, I get the feeling it's all true, someone should counter-sue HC for trying to sue all of our vendors
    Yakone likes this.

Senior Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Supporting Member

Kudos to Northern Vapes for sending back such a professional response!

Grand Vizier of Vape Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Greetings; What gets me steamed up about this issue is that while HC is going after E-Cig vendors, it appears to be totally inactive when it comes to a far more clear & present danger, namely big tobacco marketing practices aimed at making cigarettes popular among youths. Here's two links related to this issue, the second of which is specific to Canada:

Warning to Parents: How Big Tobacco Targets Kids Today - Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids

Teens & smoking : Canadian Lung Association

Vaping is about adults choosing an alternative to tobacco. If maximizing health and safety among Canadians were really the issues driving HC, then these sleazy youth-directed marketed practices is what should be getting attention.

Regards
    Glenn
    Yakone likes this.

Devices: Gus Telescopic, Provari Mini, KFL+, Siam Cobra, AC9, some other stuff

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Not sure I agree with all of that regarding tobacco companies targeting kids.

It's got to be the same thing in the rest of Canada but here in Quebec, tobacco company do not advertise in convenience store anymore, smoking products are hidden behind the cashier in shelves that are closed all the time, there's absolutely no logo, stickers, brand name that can be seen, it's been like that for a few years now.

There's no more publicity on TV, in the radio, newspapers it's also against the law and no more publicity in sports event, like you used to see tobacco brands on formula 1 racing car. You saw the latest games? There's now a warning with "Tobacco reference". And it's now quite rare to see people smoke in movies, it's really not like it was like 20-30 years ago where all the actors were smoking in every scene lol

There's not much they can do now in publicity in Canada, the only thing I see are no smoking signs
    Talyon likes this.

Two peas in a pod.
    Last edited by Yakone; 12-18-2013 at 07:12 AM.

HC should do some homework.
    Last edited by Yakone; 12-18-2013 at 09:52 PM. Reason: typo

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast