Health Canada starts shutting down E-Cigarette vendors.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Health Canada starts shutting down E-Cigarette vendors.

Senior Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Health Canada starts shutting down E-Cigarette vendors.

Well here it goes. Here is where the war with Health Canada and Big Tobacco starts to get ugly. They are starting to shut down E-cigarette vendors. This is a bad sign for Canadians trying to beat cancer, quit smoking and getting healthier. We have to stand up and fight for our rights. I.e. Sign into the CBC page and post a positive comment on vaping. I hope the vapers of New Glasgow win, and I hope this is not a precedent that Health Canada is setting.

E-cigarette seller told to stop by Health Canada - Nova Scotia - CBC News
    patkin and Talyon like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Wow! They have absolutely no idea who they are messing with by giving Shai that letter. She is well known in the community and you can bet your bottom dollar she will kick some serious ..... because she is very well versed in the politics of e-cigs.

Go get 'em Shai!!

And dahlialady I wouldn't worry too much about this letter as Health Canada has been sending them out to vendors since 2009. It hasn't done anything to stop the industry.
    sabyrock, Targone, Talyon and 1 others like this.

ECF Veteran

Well, Health Canada has been sending 'cease-and-desist' letters to Canadian vendors for years, and a lot of them are still around.
    I'm not sure how this is particular story is "news", but we just have to see how things develop. I hope the owner will stay open.
    Nikkita6 and Talyon like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Well, well, well, reading the original paperwork posted in this article, it does sound like a lot of saber rattling.

It's neither drugs nor food and no claims are made to cure anything. If 'delivering nicotine' is in their court I'd wonder if the fellas from BT got their 'cease and desist' letters as well. Seems they are unable to get that into their thick heads...
    Talyon likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

HC can go FTS. They know they lost, all they're doing now is playing playground bully.
    glycerol likes this.

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aggo View Post
    Well, Health Canada has been sending 'cease-and-desist' letters to Canadian vendors for years, and a lot of them are still around.
    I'm not sure how this is particular story is "news", but we just have to see how things develop. I hope the owner will stay open.
    Yup. Lot of suppliers have received these letters. The ones that fight back are still in business because HC backs down.

Senior Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Wow. Sorry if I jumped the gun. Since I just started vaping last month and have not had the urge for a cigarette (Could never say that for 33 years) I freaked when I saw this article. It's one of the best things that's ever happened to me and my health. So basically HC has been trying these tactics all along? Well I guess we are better off than some countries where it is illegal.
    Vape on!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The real letters will come when HC gets in bed with BT and taxes vaping like cigarettes
    Smoke Free since Sept. 22nd 2013 ... Keep Calm & Vape On

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

it's more like a recommendation to stop selling ecigs as there is no law against it, it will never pass in a court of law right now

Vamo V5 Shrink + IGO-L + Kanthal 30g ~1.5 ohms + Rayon + NCR18650BD 3100mAh

ECF Veteran

I hope the HC letter is just a matter of bureaucrats covering their ... (i.e. the main thing that bureaucrats are good at).

But it's no exaggeration to call the HC letter a 'cease and desist' order (as the CBC headline puts it). We'll see how serious this is after December 10 -- if The End Vapor Shop refuses to reply to the letter, and does not stop selling vape stuff, we'll see if HC ratchets things up and actually applies "more stringent enforcement measures."

It might be useful to think in terms of a legal defense fund, to help the vendor hire legal help that can hand HC a smack down in court.

Regards
    Glenn
    Berylanna, WillyZee and dahlialady like this.

Devices: Gus Telescopic, Provari Mini, KFL+, Siam Cobra, AC9, some other stuff

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast