Odds of US Juice being seized
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Odds of US Juice being seized

Default Odds of US Juice being seized

Wondering what the odds are of juice being seized when purchased from a US vendor.

I've read some people say it's not a huge concern, and they've only had like 1 in 10 shipments delayed at customs, but made it through eventually (or reshipped by vendor and made it through).

Other opinions are on the opposite side of the spectrum saying it's a high risk and you'll be lucky if 50% or more of your shipments don't get seized.

Have things gotten worse lately? Was it easier at one point, but Canadians customs have cracked down lately?

With the price disparity, I find it difficult outright eliminate US vendors from my list, especially when talking about buying big bottles. I want to order a few of the 236mL bottles from MBV, but if I factor in re-buying lost shipments, it may not be worth it...
    Last edited by Stiiinger; 07-26-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I've ordered a couple of times from US companies and received my shipments fine. Others aren't having that kind of luck. Personally, it's not worth the hassle and I DIY now.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Been vaping 3.5 years and ordered juice from the US and China multiple times (including two very recent orders). Not a single package seized. I've been really lucky, though.

There are many great Canadian juice makers to choose from now. My intention is to buy Canadian 90% of the time, but a couple US vendors had such great sales recently I just couldn't pass them up. tee hee
    Toronto_Mike likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran Tajji'smom's Avatar

I've never had a problem-I order from China and the US at least once a month

Super Member Verified Member wheelie's Avatar

About 15 orders of juice and have never had a problem. Got a big order here on Friday as a matter of fact.
    In a past life I must have been a crow, because now as a vapor if it is shiny I got to have it!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I think the bottom line on this issue is that, your chances are pretty good that your order will arrive without problems.
    Having said that, you should also keep in mind that many people have had orders stopped by customs.
    The possibility exists and should be factored in.
    Do not depend on timely delivery and do not be surprised if it is seized.

I do question what price difference would justify the hassle.
    For me, a 30ml bottle lasts a week and a half or so. If I save 5 bucks per bottle, that's still not enough to buy me a donut a day at Timmies.

As mentioned above, there are so many excellent Canadian juice makers now. Why shop anywhere else?
    Ryedan, Talyon and Papa_Lazarou like this.

i bought a small order and it got sent back to the vendor and then a large one before i realized my first one got caught.

the big one made it through, so its random id guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bananatole View Post
    i bought a small order and it got sent back to the vendor and then a large one before i realized my first one got caught.

the big one made it through, so its random id guess.
    I've heard that the reputable US vendors will resend the package if it gets sent back, at no charge.

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Generally, most will resend, but not sure about the "no charge" bit. Some will require you to fork over the shipping again.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtytwo View Post
    I do question what price difference would justify the hassle.
    For me, a 30ml bottle lasts a week and a half or so. If I save 5 bucks per bottle, that's still not enough to buy me a donut a day at Timmies.
    True enough for the 30mL bottles, but the larger bottles do offer significant savings. A 236mL bottle from MBV @ $40 is quite a bargain compared to paying $15-20 per 30mL up here. I have seen some vendors offer 100mL bottles around the same price point, but that's still more than double the cost per mL of MBV.

I'm new, so I'm still going kind of crazy ordering many different kinds of flavours. Once I narrow down my ADV list, those 236mL bottles are quite attractive.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast