Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: toronto wants to ban vaping..

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

However, enacting a ban based on bogus studies is always wrong, regardless of intent.

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

A number of concerns were identified, including the “impact on youth smoking initiation, and potential to normalize smoking behaviour and undermine existing tobacco control legislation.”
    There's the reason. Has nothing to do with "evidence" gleaned from some bogus study claiming there's a risk with second hand vapor.

Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post
    However, enacting a ban based on bogus studies is always wrong, regardless of intent.
    thats what im trying to state
    the toronto health authorities mention studies that conclude the negative health implications to vaping, but they dont mention the studies and/or state what the negative health implications are, heck everything has negative health implications, tylenol is poisonous to ur liver and if over medicated you can o.d. because of it, just breathing air will kill you.....eventually lol

the toronto health board main jurisdiction has todo with overall health issues/concerns to torontonians and they have to be more specific as to why vaping is a major health concern to the general public, does it increase cancer risks to users and/or bystanders, does it effect the lungs, does the vape contain more carcinogens than whats in the air as is, etc etc.

i hear them talking to news reporters but no one asks these questions they just let them make a general statement and no counter questions to their statements.
    they actually use the phrase "the normalization of smoking" as to why vaping should be banned like analogues are banned
    Last edited by vincom; 08-12-2014 at 10:58 PM.
    WillyZee likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Global News did a blurb tonight on the 6:00 news about the same thing and have a article online here. I left a comment there and both sites are open for more

Thanks for the heads up, Ryedan. I threw in a quick blurb on the comments as well:

E-cigarettes need to be looked at from a harm reduction perspective. If using them helps people reduce, and/or eventually quit, real cigarettes, that's a benefit for the public health. Nobody is saying they are absolutely healthy, but they are certainly much less harmful than actual cigarettes.

Let's not apply the stigma of cigarettes to something that has the potential to provide a public health benefit to millions of people. Let's face facts, some people just won't be able to quit smoking, whether they don't want to, or are unable to, doesn't matter. Why not allow these people a much less harmful alternative?

My Story: I tried most cessation products available, some multiple times, and nothing has come close to working for me. I made the switch to e-cigarettes a few months ago, and I've saved hundreds of dollars, my smokers cough is gone, I feel better, breathe better, and have more energy. Hard to ignore the results, even if they are anecdotal.
    Ryedan likes this.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Toronto_Mike's Avatar

Citynews also did a 2 min vid - Board of Health to consider restricting e-cigarette use | CityNews

She kept saying "might" & "could" - either you have proof & want action or go home - I think she's been smoking Ford's pipe.

Whoever put this individual in charge, should start wondering why.
    Ryedan, Talyon, WillyZee and 1 others like this.

Yeah, I love how they always state they KNOW there are harmful things in the vapor, but don't quantify anything.

Pretty much everything has some harmful things in it, some level of contaminants or impurities, but at such low concentrations that they're harmless.

I wonder how regular polluted everyday air in a big city like Toronto compares in concentrations of "bad things"....

POLL hxxp://m.citynews.ca/2014/08/12/board-of-health-to-consider-restricting-e-cigarette-use/
    Ryedan likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hog Town is definitely going to the dogs.
    Talyon likes this.
    Madz Modz Nzonic III, StingrayX, GLV Super Mini, Sidewinder, eVic, SID, iTaste, SVD, MVP V2.0, Natural,Telescope, Sentinel, Revolution, Chi You, Nemesis, VMod, Cana Modz DNA30, V3 Flip, Eleaf IStick, eGrip.

afaik toronto might be the only city to treat vaping as to smoking analogues, feel free to correct me if im wrong

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast