toronto wants to ban vaping.. - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: toronto wants to ban vaping..

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I hear ya aggo. I don't think big clouds are a factor, but even if they are I don't want to give an inch and lose a foot or a yard. They're claiming unknown health issues, that it looks like smoking, save the children, basically all the typical crap that doesn't make any sense to me. I don't think we have anything to lose by trying to curb that.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Ottawa Public Health wants more e-cigarette research, regulations - Ottawa - CBC News

Go to the bottom to vote ... more votes needed..

I voted "no I believe they are safe...."

this needs more votes....
    Ryedan and Heavyrocker like this.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Mike View Post
    Citynews also did a 2 min vid - Board of Health to consider restricting e-cigarette use | CityNews

She kept saying "might" & "could" - either you have proof & want action or go home - I think she's been smoking Ford's pipe.

Whoever put this individual in charge, should start wondering why.
    There's a poll at that site, "Should e-cigarettes be banned wherever smoking is not allowed?", that we're losing 66% to 34%. It's just a quick couple of clicks to vote

Quote Originally Posted by SoftSell View Post
    This is not a ban of ecigs, this is simply not allowing ecigs in places where cigarettes are currently prohibited.
    Flame me all you want, I agree with it. I don't care if the output of an ecig is not harmful, the odours can affect people in a number of ways, be it scent allergies, dehydration (it does happen), or rekindling the urges of someone who quit smoking.
    Vaping in a restaurant us ridiculous, and the same goes for IN work places or schools. Believe me, I've vaped in most places, only after permission from owners/managers and whomever is with me, and I do not "chase clouds" inside of any buildings other than my own. We must be respectful of public spaces; if someone is blowing massive clouds in a restaurant, they're drawing attention to themselves in a negative and obnoxious way.
    Now, if an establishment was allowed to declare themselves as "vape friendly" all the power to them, and if others throw up "no vaping" signs, the same goes for them.
    I do disagree with an all out ban, and I do agree with regulations, to a point. Like any consumer products, e liquid needs to have standards as far as the "production area" is concerned, as well as quality of ingredients. As it stands any jerk can produce their own liquid in an alley and sell it online as "canadian made natural ingredients." With operations like that (ok, maybe not in an alley) all it does is add fuel to the all out ban fire. Legitimacy is the only way to approach this market, whether for brand popularity or a dedication to safety or quality.
    An all out ban would be foolish, as I'm sure the number of tobacco related deaths will decrease as vaping increases. And that's a good thing.
    Our commitment to keeping ecig products on the market is key, this community and every community like it does have a voice, and if we are heard in the appropriate way, this "Wild West" ecig market may continue. All it takes is a few mistakes for this to end for all of us.
    The end.
    Took the words right out of my mouth
    or head

Quote Originally Posted by Gqballa View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth
    or head
    if i work in my office by myself i would not be allowed to vape if they treat vaping like they do w/analogues
    yes control are needed even welcomed for our safety but dont treat vaping like its a tobacco product
    Ryedan and Towmotor like this.

An establishment could have a no cloud chasing policy. Like they did for cigars and pipea

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SoftSell View Post
    This is not a ban of ecigs, this is simply not allowing ecigs in places where cigarettes are currently prohibited.
    Flame me all you want, I agree with it. I don't care if the output of an ecig is not harmful, the odours can affect people in a number of ways, be it scent allergies, dehydration (it does happen), or rekindling the urges of someone who quit smoking.
    Vaping in a restaurant us ridiculous, and the same goes for IN work places or schools. Believe me, I've vaped in most places, only after permission from owners/managers and whomever is with me, and I do not "chase clouds" inside of any buildings other than my own. We must be respectful of public spaces; if someone is blowing massive clouds in a restaurant, they're drawing attention to themselves in a negative and obnoxious way.
    Now, if an establishment was allowed to declare themselves as "vape friendly" all the power to them, and if others throw up "no vaping" signs, the same goes for them.
    I do disagree with an all out ban, and I do agree with regulations, to a point. Like any consumer products, e liquid needs to have standards as far as the "production area" is concerned, as well as quality of ingredients. As it stands any jerk can produce their own liquid in an alley and sell it online as "canadian made natural ingredients." With operations like that (ok, maybe not in an alley) all it does is add fuel to the all out ban fire. Legitimacy is the only way to approach this market, whether for brand popularity or a dedication to safety or quality.
    An all out ban would be foolish, as I'm sure the number of tobacco related deaths will decrease as vaping increases. And that's a good thing.
    Our commitment to keeping ecig products on the market is key, this community and every community like it does have a voice, and if we are heard in the appropriate way, this "Wild West" ecig market may continue. All it takes is a few mistakes for this to end for all of us.
    The end.
    It always starts off small. First one community restricts it, then another outright bans it. Next thing you know, the federal government is looking at it, sees all the communities that have already restricted/banned vaping and what do you think the Feds are going to do?

Complacency when it comes to legislative matters is never a good thing. The stigma that Health Canada has put on the industry as a whole is not a good thing. And guess who the various councils and legislative bodies are going to take their cue from? It sure isn't going to be JQ Public. It's up to every single vaper to fight legislation based on junk science and fear mongering.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I believe subjecting other people to my pseudo-natural bodily functions(and some natural bodily functions) should not have to be controlled by the government, but by empathy and understanding. That being said, I was stuck in line behind someone last night that took 23 items to the 1 -16 item cashier, and plonked them on the belt!

avent-garde

kind regards.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Tks retired1

Some of these Councillors are not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
    Madz Modz Nzonic III, StingrayX, GLV Super Mini, Sidewinder, eVic, SID, iTaste, SVD, MVP V2.0, Natural,Telescope, Sentinel, Revolution, Chi You, Nemesis, VMod, Cana Modz DNA30, V3 Flip, Eleaf Istick.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Some?
    When I was there, there were maybe 2 that were pretty sharp. Probably gone now, though.
    I'd rather be a live vaper than a dead smoker!
    Vaping since 10/11/11