Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your order has been seized by customs..

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Your order has been seized by customs..

Got this email from vapor bomb today.

"Your order has been ceased by customs via Health Canada you will receive a letter from Canadian custom."

Now I thought i had read in various posts that when customs nabs your order they ship it back to the vendor. VB told me over the phone 2 weeks ago that if customs grabs it, they will not ship it back to VB.

any input?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Bummer =(

Umm... wait for the letter from custom.... they will tell you if they returned it or ceased it.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Very sorry for your trouble.

I do have an unrelated question though. Is "Siezed" spelled "Ceased" in Canadian English? Or do they just mean that they stopped the order process? I'm just curious, because in the US the term used would be Siezed by customs. Not making lite of your trouble, just a curious Yank. lol

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Man I can't stand Canadian Customs they are a pain in the tush. I used to ship a ton of guitars to Canada and they were constantly messing with them. Plus going across your border is a hassle. I play in a band and used to gig in Buffalo so I cut through from Port Huron. I swear they should know me by now. They sure know what my behind looks like better than I do. Strip em and spread your butt cheaks is really anoying after a while.

I will say one thing. I'm glad it's not my job to look at people's brown eye all day.

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran Happy Rob's Avatar

Curious too as to what they mean by that. Had they said "seized", that would have been pretty clear, but "ceased"? Is it VB's erroneous choice of words or do they mean something different than "seized"?

Either way there is massive suckage going on here.

Edit: double post was a blackberry issue, not intentional. Also, I accidentally spelled erroneous wrong.
    Last edited by Happy Rob; 09-09-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran Happy Rob's Avatar

Curious too as to what they mean by that. Had they said "seized", that would have been pretty clear, but "ceased"? Is it VB's errobeous choice of words or do they mean something different than "seized"?

Either way there is massive suckage going on here.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    Man I can't stand Canadian Customs they are a pain in the tush. I used to ship a ton of guitars to Canada and they were constantly messing with them. Plus going across your border is a hassle. I play in a band and used to gig in Buffalo so I cut through from Port Huron. I swear they should know me by now. They sure know what my behind looks like better than I do. Strip em and spread your butt cheaks is really anoying after a while.

I will say one thing. I'm glad it's not my job to look at people's brown eye all day.
    They really do that just to go into Canada? WOW! I'm staying clear.
    How long? Not long, because what you reap is what you sow.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If you were provided tracking from the vendor, check your tracking number on canadapost.ca.

Your tracking information should state that the package is enroute to the manufacturer or not.

Keep in mind that regardless of what happens, the vendor has made an attempt to ship and is under no obligation to reship. If the package is returned, the reputable thing to do is to refund your purchase price minus shipping and handling fees.
    I am an adult. I am a vaper. I do not need over-regulation or any organization telling me what I should or shouldn't do. I can make my own decisions and I can deal with the consequences. Over-Regulation = higher prices for me based on red tape I didn't ask for.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by LowThudd View Post
    Very sorry for your trouble.

I do have an unrelated question though. Is "Siezed" spelled "Ceased" in Canadian English? Or do they just mean that they stopped the order process? I'm just curious, because in the US the term used would be Siezed by customs. Not making lite of your trouble, just a curious Yank. lol
    yea i didnt notice that, the email was copied but i copied the spelling on ceased (im at work and trying to not use brain power)

Quote Originally Posted by bornagainst View Post
    If you were provided tracking from the vendor, check your tracking number on canadapost.ca.

Your tracking information should state that the package is enroute to the manufacturer or not.

Keep in mind that regardless of what happens, the vendor has made an attempt to ship and is under no obligation to reship. If the package is returned, the reputable thing to do is to refund your purchase price minus shipping and handling fees.
    yea i realize they are under no obligation, i've just heard that most vendors wont leave you screwed over like that. we'll see what the letter says

ECF Veteran

yup been there. dont come back from a camping trip the weekend after 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast