**official canvape.com thread** - Part 2 - Page 101
Page 101 of 266 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2656
Like Tree1607Likes

Thread: **official canvape.com thread** - Part 2

Full Member Verified Member

My first impression (30mins puffing on 2 large ones) ...the vivi novas are lovely. The flavor is really good -- SD like. Shipped with the 1.8ohm heads installed but I flipped both to 2.8 for a closer compare to the firebirds. Both 1.8s tested a little high on the multimeter -- 1.9 and 2.0, but the 2.8s (I have 6 total) were all 2.8 except for one 2.7).

The larger bodys are same inner diameter/thread as the stone3s I got from canvape when more turned up recently but the walls are a little (don't have calipers) thinner on the vivis and thus the outer diameter is about .5mm less than the stone3 tanks. Since I have two idle stones, they sucked for me, so I guess 2 "extra thick" vivi bodies now Not sure if they are the same material - I'm new to tanks and do much acid juices so haven't really paid attention much to tank composition.

The much warmer vapor on the vivis compared to the bottom fed firebirds is significant and I do prefer this over the firebird. As expected it seems the proximity of the cool to the mouth also gives the vivi the definite edge in flavor, but this is just an early impression for me and my taste has been a bit wonky for a couple days huffing on the firebirds incidentally - maybe it was them.

Gave the firebirds the weekend so now the vivis get a few days in the limelight although I suspect I might be staying with them as my SD replacement over the FBs. I was amazed with the FBs early but that seemed to fade some as I found myself missing something and longing for the warmer vapor and taste of the SDs -- preference I guess. I love the non-tipping of the firebird alot but I dont think I can make the trade off. I will give the FBs another chance I think to confirm in a week of vivi-testing to know for sure.

About the tipping -- Mopar, what in the world were you thinking ordering wicks so short, lol!? They can't even touch the side of the big tanks, haha. This is a pain though and I will likely rewick a bunch of these...deep down I have a theory about wick length and taste though and Im curious if the stubby wicks really are less prone to muted taste - not sure and Im too much of a newb in general.

Anyway folks, I like mopars vivis (apart from the wicks) -- definitely worth a try. Very definitely if you are a SD fanboy as it they look to be the answer to the SD flavor and performance with the all-day vape capacity.

PS: I also got two of the small tank vivi's (not sure why) and they are much thinner (not Stone-like) and look to be trying to fit on an ego rather than a LT type mod. As well, I ordered two of the new 4-part SDs for fun, but god knows when Ill get to them. The one note is that the coil heads are identical EXCEPT the SD ones have a longer metal stem above the coil reaching up higher to support the cup seal a further distance away on the SDs. Both will screw in to each other, but you need the right one to properly seal with the caps/mouthpieces for each. These also have short wicks.
    mopar, albertbert and ChellyNelly like this.

Full Member Verified Member

That long winded writeup and I forgot to thank the canvape team for the lightning delivery and awesome service as usual - eesh, we are spoiled and forget how fortune we are. Thanks so much guys for giving us such affordable access to vape-tech so fast here -- customer for life ! Keep it up.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

So is the consensus here to take your sheath off or leave it on? The 3ml Firebirds that is.

Has anyone figured out how long both the Firebirds last? Recommended maintenance? I know Mopar will say toss them and buy new ones
    mopar likes this.

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mozz View Post
    About the tipping -- Mopar, what in the world were you thinking ordering wicks so short, lol!? They can't even touch the side of the big tanks, haha. This is a pain though and I will likely rewick a bunch of these...deep down I have a theory about wick length and taste though and Im curious if the stubby wicks really are less prone to muted taste - not sure and Im too much of a newb in general.
    Wicks are just the transport mechanism to deliver juice to the coil. The only thing that matters as far as taste goes is how much juice is in the part of the wick the coil is wrapped around. The rest of the wick are basically just straws to bring up more juice.

Short wicks are fine in a more narrow clearo because they can reach the sides, and so you can tip and roll to get the last drops caught if you're that patient (or desperate and have no refill on hand). However stubby wicks in a large tank like the Vivi Nova are a bit problematic because they won't be able to reach the juice once you vape it down low enough, no matter how you tip or roll, because they can't reach the juice. Longer wicks are a definite plus here.

However, even long wicks have a problem. Liquid has weight. It doesn't matter if they're almost entirely submurged in liquid, but once the liquid drops below a certain level, the wicks have to support the weight of all of the juice from the top down to the juice level, and the more weight there is, the more viscous the juice is, the less effective wicking (through capillary action) is without tipping. The only exception is if the wicks are thinner, like the long-multi-wick Stardust version (formerly the unofficial v3 which isn't the v3 anymore since the official v2 just came out). That has multiple long wicks, but the individual wicks are thinner, which means each individual wick carries less juice, thus less weight, and collectively they can deliver more juice to the coil more easily even when the juice level drops low.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzione View Post
    So is the consensus here to take your sheath off or leave it on? The 3ml Firebirds that is.

Has anyone figured out how long both the Firebirds last? Recommended maintenance? I know Mopar will say toss them and buy new ones
    You can't use these without the sleeve. The sleeve holds the drip tip. There are clear sleeveless versions of the Firebird available though that have a mount for the drip tip, but Adam doesn't have them at the moment.

Speaking of which, Adam -- replacement tanks without the sleeve/cap/mouthpiece? Any plans?
    Mozz likes this.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I leave it on and haven't had issues but it comes off fairly easily. I don't notice a difference in the vape on vs off. I don't know how long they last yet but they seem very sturdy and other bottom coils I've used last incredibly long. I'm guessing they'll last 3wks-4wks each. Bottom coils can be hard to take apart and put back together for maintenance and as I've said I have found they last so long anyway that I haven't had to do any maintenance with others I've used. I will update when I've used these for longer though

Btw someone mentioned on the last page I think that you can easily mod these to make the drip tip fit with the sleeve off
    northofamerica and fuzzione like this.

Banner courtesy of a wonderful ECF member :)
    (✌゚∀゚)☞

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post

You can't use these without the sleeve. The sleeve holds the drip tip. There are clear sleeveless versions of the Firebird available though that have a mount for the drip tip, but Adam doesn't have them at the moment.

Speaking of which, Adam -- replacement tanks without the sleeve/cap/mouthpiece? Any plans?
    I believe post 973 suggests you can.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran mopar's Avatar

3ml Firebird replacement carto's are coming.

As well as nova 2.5 & SD 2.0 heads with long wicks.

Then always on the lookout for kinky new things that actually work

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran mopar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mbrewster View Post
    has anyone tried the green sound batteries?

maybe know their quality?

do they have the same rubber coating at the joys?

i just cant seem to find any info on them

Green Sound 1100mAh eGo-C Battery

those are the ones i was looking at
    I thought I'd let someone that uses them let you know, but no one did. They are a great battery with a great price tag. The quality is equal to a Riva.

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzione View Post
    I believe post 973 suggests you can.
    If you're referring to post 975, you'd have to pop the mount off the top of the sleeve for that to work. I don't know whether it's just friction fit or glued or whatever, but I'm not going to take the chance breaking the sleeve on mine.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
    If you're referring to post 975, you'd have to pop the mount off the top of the sleeve for that to work. I don't know whether it's just friction fit or glued or whatever, but I'm not going to take the chance breaking the sleeve on mine.
    Just submit a warranty claim to Canvape