How do I dry a cartomizer?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How do I dry a cartomizer?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default How do I dry a cartomizer?

How long does it take these things to dry? Is there a trick?

I decided to try to wash a couple of my boge cartomizers. I used the syringe method that someone posted about. They've been sitting.. and sitting..and sitting. Like three days and they still aren't dry. I tried one and it's a soggy mess. I tried using a blow dryer, that's about as tech savy as I get. I read about putting them in a baggy with some rice but that didn't seem to help. Actually, I think it's been longer than 3 days.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks!

Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla

put em in a metal pan and in the oven on the lowest setting for a half hour to 45 min and that will dry em up
    I have no favorites I love them all, but the sexy chicks who sport wild thongs drive me up the wall ;-)
    Support the cause give to CASSA

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I dry mine as mwa says above. I put them on a Pyrex plate in the oven on 170 for 30 to 45 min.

ECF Veteran

Wow, I'm going to try that right now.

Thanks so much!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Happy Saturday!

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I do the same thing but do it at night before bed. Leave the oven on for about an hour and then turn the oven off leaving cartos in the oven overnight.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Get a piece of paper towel. Rip into half. Rip one half into thirds. Take one third and fold it in half. Roll this piece into the shape of a straw for lack of a better description. Do not make it thicker than the cartomizers diameter.

Remove the endcap of the cartomizer and insert the paper towel roll into the cartomizer until the paper towel makes contact with the poly fill. Do not twist the towel. Stand the paper towel up in a glass with the cartomizer at the top. Within an hour or so the paper towel will draw all the moisture from the cart. This works on drying 510 attys in about 15 minutes.

ECF Veteran

I'll give that a try!

I was going to put the cartomizers in the oven but I was cooking all day and the oven's still too hot. While I'm waiting for it to cool down I'll give the paper towel trick a try.

Thanks!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by swedishfish View Post
    How long does it take these things to dry? Is there a trick?

I decided to try to wash a couple of my boge cartomizers. I used the syringe method that someone posted about. They've been sitting.. and sitting..and sitting. Like three days and they still aren't dry. I tried one and it's a soggy mess. I tried using a blow dryer, that's about as tech savy as I get. I read about putting them in a baggy with some rice but that didn't seem to help. Actually, I think it's been longer than 3 days.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks!
    Did you do the dry pumps to pump out all the excess water after you cleaned them using the syringe and rubber cone? If you do that, it takes about 3 days for them to dry completely inside (and that's when they're sitting in front of a fan). But the best way is, as others have stated, put them on a flat pan in the oven at about 220 degrees for a few minutes (I left mine in for about 1/2 hour, cuz I forgot they were in the oven), and that should dry them completely -- and it won't hurt the cartos.

If I were you, I'd flush them out again with hot tap water and then be sure to push air through each carto about 20 times each. Then place them in the oven on a flat pan for a few minutes. That would be much quicker and easier than messing around with pushing a paper towel into the end of each carto. You wanna come up with the more common sense ways that are less time-consuming.

Imo you dont need to dry them.

I cleaned and refilled maybe 50 carto's and I never dried them and they were perfectly fine.

The trick is to flick out the excess water over a sink, and blow into both ends. Once 95% of the water is gone, the remaining 5% will be vaporized anyway.

There is already water added in eJuice, an extra few percent shouldn't affect the flavor or performance.

If you still run into problems, perhaps give the Edition2 carto's a try. There is no filler material so they dry almost instantly.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast