Page 2 of 944 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast
Like Tree5160Likes

Thread: Burning Cartomisers? Dangerous?-510/Kr808/4081...etc filler type cartos

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

why do they say not so good for health?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dougp925 View Post
    Thank you wegster. I was starting to think I was alone here. If that pic is only after a dozen drags imagine what happens after 100 or 200. I can't begin to imagine what it looks like after its been refilled 2 or 3 times.

I'm really hoping alot of people contribute here and maybe we can find one manufacturer that is better than others. If they all perform this way, then I think this technology needs a little more improvement before everyone embraces it as the latest and greatest.

Perhaps we can send a clear message back to the manufacturers to fix this problem!
    I bet there's more, there's just a flood of threads.
    I'll rip open a 'proper tasting' cart a dozen drags later for comparison later.
    The 'fluffy' bit in the pic actually feels like the normal poly cart fill..it was moist. The inner 'square' is more dense, and I believe was wrapped around the center of the atomizer, perhaps an attempt to not let it burn. It was wetter than the 'fill,' so maybe it acts as the inner coil wick on a traditional atty? I'm unsure where the small braid winds up.

Probably need to cut one open intact...
    Either way, when it starts to taste funky, it's garbage, as far as I'm concerned, unless someone can identify the other materials, the liquid, and prove otherwise. I still do like the idea of the 2 piece, but it seems 'not quite there yet' to me right now..
    TheSystemHasFailed likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by fenez View Post
    why do they say not so good for health?
    Dunno. I'm guessing because VG can produce acrolein, and perhaps they know the atomizer can reach the required temperature to do so?

Unsure, guessing here. Ask them?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I personally don't use the 2 pc units I used a bloog for a day or two but I didn't like the throat hit and I found that refilling them only worked for a short time plus you don't get the same vapor from a refilled cart as a new one

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Other references, start of discussing with others also seeing burnt carts/filling:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...tml#post288621

Some good pics from a smoke51/epuffer disassembly:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...1-epuffer.html

Inactive Supplier

Fenez, Can you share with us the name of the manufacturer who is using propanediol? Judging by the grammar in your post, they sound like they're from china.

Wegster, I also initally liked the 2pc design and thought it was going to be my favorite, but this takes it right off my list. Maybe all they need to do is wrap the heating coil in the same metal braid material thats in standard atomisers. This might help spread out the heat dissipation but still allow liquid to get to the coil for good vapor production. Is anyone here talented enough to try something like this?

Are there any manufacturers out there who can comment on these issues?
    Is the cartridge material polyester?
    Is this smoke toxic?
    Are there any new designs in the works?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Yes, please post a link to the manufacturer's site.

Super Member ECF Veteran

We cut open a cartridge and found the same as the rest of you. The stuffing was all brown and discolored and there was a burn hole all the way through the filter. I'm replacing my ecig this week. One thing that worries me is, that the FDA & TPTB are looking for ammunition to use against ecigs..stuff like this won't go unnoticed.
    CheeMiss, icy, Saviorself and 1 others like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

@Cori

It's entirely possible it's 'not harmful,' or maybe is the equivalent of smoking an analog's part of the rolling paper (hopefully without the glue?). It would be nice to locate the original manufacturer on these, send some pics and questions along, or failing that, if one of the vendors of the 2 piece units would push this from their side..

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

www. alibaba .com/product-gs/222264303/Best_quality_e_cigarette.html

here is the link.
    Last edited by rolygate; 04-21-2012 at 08:53 AM.