Burning Cartomisers? Dangerous?-510/Kr808/4081...etc filler type cartos
Page 1 of 949 123451151101501 ... LastLast
Like Tree5195Likes

Thread: Burning Cartomisers? Dangerous?-510/Kr808/4081...etc filler type cartos

Inactive Supplier

Question Burning Cartomisers? Dangerous?-510/Kr808/4081...etc filler type cartos

I posted some info about my experiences with the E9 cartridges burning as you smoke them in the vaporello review thread. I wanted to give this topic its own thread so that more people might see it and be able to chime in with their own experiences. To summarize, I've found that the E9 cartridges physically burn as I used them, sometimes only after 50 puffs sometimes after 150 puffs. I wouldn't even taste the burning but when I opened the cartridge, it was indeed burnt and charred inside. I think most people who use a cartomiser model have experienced the horrible burnt taste towards the end of the life of the cartridge(just before they refill and continue using the cartridge). Also, most people who refill them find that a black burnt liquid sometimes leaks out. (Burnt E-Liquid)

Someone else posted pics of this issue here:
    Sorry I cant post the link yet(<15 posts), but this search term should take you right to some good pics: (can someone else please post the link)

disposable-autopsy-smoke51-epuffer

I believe that alot of us are actually "Smoking" the cartridge material and "burning" the e-liquid it contains. I'm not sure if this is a Real Health Risk or not. I'd also like to see how many of you are "smoking" this matrerial without even realizing it. Because the heating coil is directly touching the cartridge matterial, I would think this burning is more common than we think.

If you can, please follow these simple steps to take apart a used cartridge and share your results with everyone here. Here are the steps:

1. Take a cartridge that you've been using(lets say for about 7 or so cigarettes) which has no indication of burning. (Or try using a fully used-up cartridge and started tasting burnt, its up to you)
    2. Using a tweezer, remove the plastic tip on the mouthpeice side.
    3. Using a tweezer, pull up on the wire coming out of the center of the cartridge unitl it breaks.
    4. Using a tweezer, gently pull the entire roll of cartridge material out of the cartridge.
    5. Unroll this material and tell us what you see in the center of the roll. Is it charred and black, then you been inhaling that SMOKE.

Do you ever hear a crackling or poping sound coming from the cartridge. I beleive that is the material burning. I held some of the cartridge material over an open flame and it made that very same crackling/popping sound as it burned.

It only takes a minute to do this and I'm wondering if the results vary by ecig manufacturer or cartomiser manufacturer. I really don't want to be an alarmist, but I've never seen any other e-cig that actually produces SMOKE. Also, I'm not too concerned about the dangers of e-liquid vapor but this is possibly "BURNING" the eliquid and the cartridge material. Does anyone know if this is TOXIC??
    Last edited by Lightgeoduck; 09-17-2010 at 12:39 PM.

Ultra Member

If It Taste Burnt Toss It Like Your Suppose Too!

All These Carts Will Vary With Puffs With Too Many Variables And Factors Besides No Quality Control. Times & Puffs Will Always Vary!

These Are Disposable, Once Its Done, No Vape or Burn't Taste Toss It!

If Its Not Disposable And Taste Burnt Follow The Manufacturers Instructions.

If Your Bored, Wondering, Want More Info or Research Please Add Your Comments.

~Keep Vapin~
    Ipster and TheSystemHasFailed like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Doug - I'm with ya, this is a concern to me as well.

I'll have to take some other shots later, but yes, a disassembled KR808D-1 cart, started as new, and within a dozen drags started to taste, well, funky and burnt. I put it aside for later disassembly, will post the pics in a few. Not making me feel warm and fuzzy inside, though.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Here's a lovely pic of said cartomizer I just ripped apart:
    JGD, danzac, BluCigs and 3 others like this.

Inactive Supplier

Thank you wegster. I was starting to think I was alone here. If that pic is only after a dozen drags imagine what happens after 100 or 200. I can't begin to imagine what it looks like after its been refilled 2 or 3 times.

I'm really hoping alot of people contribute here and maybe we can find one manufacturer that is better than others. If they all perform this way, then I think this technology needs a little more improvement before everyone embraces it as the latest and greatest.

Perhaps we can send a clear message back to the manufacturers to fix this problem!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

From what I found out, the liquid in these types of units is not just typical pg
    TheSystemHasFailed likes this.

Inactive Supplier

Fenez, its funny that you say that. My pack of cartomizers has the ingredients printed on the side and it reads:

Ingredients of the Cartridge:
    Nicotine(24mg, 16mg, 11mg, 6mg, 0mg), flavor essence, propylene glycol, and water.

I bought mine from ............ I also purchased some eliquid to refill it with and the liquid tastes and vapes exactly the same as the original liquid in the cartridge. I even bought the same exact flavor to refill it with. Whats interesting is that the refill liquid is really thick like motor oil. That makes me think it's a VG fluid but it doesn't list glycerin as an ingredient. I'm really not sure what is in that fluid which makes me even less happy about physically burning it and inhaling it.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Those carts are also offered with propanediol but the company offers an option of not using propanediol which would mean that, they propbably come standard with propanediol unless you ask for it without

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Here... this is from a site that sells them wholesale

Cartridge flavors
    Marlboro -tobacco -555- kent- camel cherry-peach-apple-coffee-cola-
    Grapefruit - mint- red bull - banana-green tea- chocolate vitamin etc-

Strength in 16mg 11mg 6mg and 0mg

We can make it without propanediol (it not so good for health)

Custom nicotine level also available
    Like 24mg 18mg 8mg and 6mg 1mg

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Umm, guys?
    Propanediol may refer to either of two isomeric organic chemical compounds:
    1,2-Propanediol (Propylene glycol)
    1,3-Propanediol (Trimethylene glycol)
    Propanediol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Follow the links..it sure sounds like PG or VG to me... ?

Page 1 of 949 123451151101501 ... LastLast