Burnt taste with new cartomizers?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Burnt taste with new cartomizers?

Default Burnt taste with new cartomizers?

Newbie question here, I'm using 510D Boge LR carto's. A couple of times I've filled a brand new carto, let it settle for a while. When I tried to vape it, I instantly got a mouth full of nasty smoke, tastes like burnt plastic. I've had at least one of them in every 5-pack. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Then today, filled a new carto, at first it was ok, then the burnt taste started creeping in. I like to switch flavors a lot and whenever I started vaping this thing, after 3 or 4 drags, some burnt taste. Now it's completely nasty. Help?

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I had the same problem with Boge cartos.. always the problem you are describing but then I started to use the "condom fill" method and never had that problem since. I know that some people prefer different filling methods but I had tried all the other methods and always had the same problem like you. I guess, when I used those other methods I either didn't drip enough or didn't wait long enough or something I was missing out from the method. However, ever since switching to the condom fill method, never any more burnt taste.

I also avoided the condom method due to mess and wasted liquid. But after burning a couple of those carto's, I tried the condom method. The carto I described above which was fine at first but then started the burnt taste after 3-4 puffs, was filled with the condom method.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

I would try using a syringe. Place needle all the way down between the carto wall and fiber. Fill and plunge as you slowly pull the needle up. Rotate carto 180* and do the same. The fluid will come to the top and sit there if you do it right. If you dont see fluid where the fiber meets the carto wall, it needs more juice. If the fiber soaks and the center eye of the carto floods, it will come out the bottom. Have a paper towel ready- this is OK, but you will get tiny pops of hot nic hit your mouth. If you really flood it, you will suck in nic and its yuk. Dap tongue with paper towel. After you perfect this method, you should not have a burnt carto unless the coil overheats when you dont refill before the juice is used up. Mark it up to a learning curve.

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The advice here I always give is "Patience!". I have been using Boge for a few months but the same holds true with any carto. You need to give the liquid time to soak in so I always keep one juiced up and ready and when I swap, I fill another. It can take up to 30 mins on a standard carto for the juice to really soak in and marinate the coil/filler to give you that sweet sweet vapor!
    Zaravana likes this.
    Rock'n the fruit & coffee flavors on my VVTube & Silver bullet. Check out our Utah group: Utah Vapers

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Yer.. I have to admit it did take a while to get used to them.. but with the method, that works for me, I have no troubles anymore.. so I am going to stick to what works for me When I condom fill, I fill to the point at which it is starting to bubbling out the top....

Thanks guys. I think this explains the problem, just not getting enough saturation of liquid. I topped off the troublesome cart with a syringe and the burning smell went away.

Great! Yerp.. I use the syringe method for the XL and XXL cartomisers.. the condom method works for the XL but you need to do about 3 or 4 condoms full.. so I just use a syringe instead

This happened to me last night. I used the condom method and i think i know the reason why. If you push the carto down into the condom filled with juice too fast, the juice will shoot up the center hole and out the rubber cap. I thought that i at least got most of the juice into the filler material but it probably all came out through the other end. I used another method and it now works, i put in a few drops through the top and cover the open end with a finger and battery end with thumb and shake it really hard. then repeat that a few more times and now no more burnt taste.

but also i have a question, i got that nast burnt taste with this brand new carto but was able to save it by filling with method i just described and now no longer have burnt taste. Is is safe to still vape out of this carto or should i toss it?
    Last edited by cocorico; 08-09-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast