Kanger T2 CC Clearomizer review - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Kanger T2 CC Clearomizer review

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran scratchy's Avatar

I tried 2 of the T2's and always got a harsh plasticy chemical taste and i cleaned them twice and filled them about 4 times a piece and still the same result so I tossed them. I've had great flavor from the Phoenix Bottom Coil's (When they work) and E1 Revive's (When they work), but I've been having bad leaking issues from both of those

Quote Originally Posted by itzscratchy View Post
    I tried 2 of the T2's and always got a harsh plasticy chemical taste and i cleaned them twice and filled them about 4 times a piece and still the same result so I tossed them. I've had great flavor from the Phoenix Bottom Coil's (When they work) and E1 Revive's (When they work), but I've been having bad leaking issues from both of those
    Same with T2 flavor that harsh plasticy chemical taste yes and E1 i love them I was using them with an eGo-C original base and I was sometimes getting burning dry hits now I changed to a base of them it's working amazing! I love the E1 and flavor it so much like a Carto with RY4 I cannot see difference

Resting In Peace ECF Veteran txtumbleweed's Avatar

Second day and it is still working great. I haven't had any dry hits or leakage
    This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it!

I'm absolutely in love with the Kanger T2.
    It's best, easiest tank I could find that gives a hit and flavor comparable to my favorite cartomizers (Boge LR).
    I've tried many tanks, including the SmokTECH DCT, eGo DCT, liquinator, vision, vision v3, and others and the Kanger T2 is above the rest.
    At least in this form factor, I don't want a tank twice the diameter of my eGo batteries...

However, I seem to be getting a really short life span out of the atomizer heads.
    They hit and taste great for about 2 days then I start to get a burned flavor/taste.
    I can alleviate it by fiddling with the head, plastics, wicks, cleaning and rinsing but not get it to completely go away.
    Usually it's sporadic, almost as if it's not wicking fast enough to keep the coil wet but does become consistent.
    A warm water rinse may help but usually half a day or so...

Anyone else experiencing burning and flavor loss so quickly?
    Something I'm doing, or not doing to get a little longer life out of them?

Thanks!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by quisp65 View Post
    I received them today too. I think these will replace my fluxomizers if they don't have problems later. The only issue I get is an ever so slight leak from the tip that leaks on the outside of the tube. Only tried one tube though and the leak is so slight... like running you finger over an oily part of your skin after using it for a while.
    -I've had these for a little over a week, and started to get a leak on both around the cap seal. The same way- (Slight leak; Oily residue around the top band). I could be wrong, but I believe the O-Ring on the cap is not sufficient enough to prevent juice from running through the gap at where the atty head is (Mixed blessing; Easy fill, but easy leak if tipped or jostled around). I tried this, and it seems to have worked at least for the last day (I'm sure someone smarter than me can come up w/ a better solution).
    -First: I pulled out some old Stardust (Dead Ones / I'm bad about saving stuff just in case I need parts or something): I took the mouthpiece off the Stardust, and removed the tiny O-Ring from the cap (Dabbed a little vodka on it to clean).
    -Second: Inside the Stardust (Inside the top of the tube) is a larger O-Ring. It's easier to get this out if you go down. Literally just took a pair of tweezers and rubbed the O-Ring downward. If you try to pull it from it's current set, it may tear. Then I removed it.
    -Third: I placed the smaller ring (From the Stardust mouthpiece) above the wicks on the T2 (Still on the silicone sleeve).
    -Fourth: I screwed in the T2 atty
    -Five: Fill w/ juice (There will still be a gap, but smaller). I use old Tasty Vapor needle point bottles, but I'm sure a syringe, or whatever will work.
    -Six: Put the larger O-Ring (From the Stardust) on top of the slightly exposed opening of the T2. It will rest on top of the the other O ring that provides support. Then screw the cap back on.

Positives: No leaks (At least so far). Negatives: Hate that I had to fiddle w/ something, and easy filling just went out the window. However, after a few times of use, I have to clean the atty's anyways (May be my DIY juice), so I guess it's okay. 2.4 ml's on a twist last me a long time anyways, so for now (Until quality control improves), I guess this will work (At least for me). I still like the Phoenix Bottom Coils better.

Kanger T2 CC Clearomizer review-img_0217.jpgKanger T2 CC Clearomizer review-img_0219.jpgKanger T2 CC Clearomizer review-img_0220.jpgKanger T2 CC Clearomizer review-img_0221.jpgKanger T2 CC Clearomizer review-img_0223.jpg

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just got one, vaped about one ml so far, looks great on an ego twist, wicking and flavor definitely needs to improve, im taking a few dry pulls here and there to help with wicking, hopefully it gets better for me, did this improve for anyone after a few ml's? did it work immediately? ive been enjoying my phoenix top coil with the new little o rings to help prevent the gurgling, flavor is the best that ive tasted so far, they do crack easily though. TXTumbleweed, if you read this just wanted to tip my cap to you. When I first started vaping, I read your posts on the GOGO, hence my first purchase, so it was your advice that really got me going, just wanted to say thanks!
    txtumbleweed likes this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

thanks for tip artbyshan, if mine leaks, I know what to do!! I also have a large stash of old stardusts I kept "just in case" lol
    artbyshan likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by peteyboy View Post
    I just got one, vaped about one ml so far, looks great on an ego twist, wicking and flavor definitely needs to improve, im taking a few dry pulls here and there to help with wicking, hopefully it gets better for me, did this improve for anyone after a few ml's? did it work immediately?
    I've tried 2 tubes and they both worked immediately with full flavor, other than a drag or two. Some people mention pulling the silicone away from the wicks a bit allows more juice to the coil. I use 80/20 pg/vg ratio and didn't have to do anything. I got the slightly newer long wick version without the bottom silicone at Discount Vapers, but I hear great things about the older model head too.

These have become my number #1. Just on day 3 or so though. I'll see if time changes my opinion.
    Last edited by quisp65; 07-20-2012 at 02:33 AM.
    txtumbleweed likes this.

Well, I've fallen out of love with the Kanger T2.
    I love the warmth and vapor, when it's working well.
    However, I've had too many inconsistent hits (dry, burned, not wicking well/fast enough) and broken two mouth pieces in a week or so.
    If you tighten them just a little too much, or after several refills it seems, the plastic separates at the seem.
    And since I can't buy extras, I'm forced to keep buying new tanks.

So, any suggestions for a tank of similar size with similar performance (warmth/vapor wise) with a little better build quality and more consistent vapor production?
    Perhaps I should move to cartomizer tanks, I just haven't found one that works as good a cartmoizer by itself.

Edit: BTW, I was using the short wick w/cup heads. Are the long wicks working better?
    Last edited by fescen9; 07-20-2012 at 07:32 PM.

Resting In Peace ECF Veteran txtumbleweed's Avatar

I've only triesd the long wicks and mine has worked great. I haven't had any dryhits at all yet.
    This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast