Cartomizer cleaning?? - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Cartomizer cleaning??

Turkey basters and most of the other stuff mentioned in this thread are not widely available in Sweden so I just took a syringe (no needle) and one of the condoms my cartos came with. I poked a tiny hole in the condom and forced the tip of the syringe through it. That way, I could suck and push hot water through the carto with ease. Works like a charm.

I'll post pics if needed.
    alphahot1 likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Check this blog out, he like rips it apart and shows you how to totally clean a carto

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...er-pt-1-5.html
    The Zen~ Red Rocket, the best 5V mod out there

Today I got tired of the burnt taste from my V2 cartos and decided to do something about it but didn't feel I had the patience for the boil method. First I tried flushing one through with zero residue electronics cleaner (isopropyl alcohol) but even when it was seemingly dry it tasted bad when I vaped it. No, of course I didn't inhale!

I then pulled the filler out and tossed it. Another go with the ISO and the coil looked like new. I replaced the filler with pyramid tea bags cut into strips, the same width as the original filler, rolled around a straw that fitted perfectly around the center tube. I just put the straw over the center tube making sure I got all the way to the bottom of the carto, held the PTB roll in place with a small screwdriver and pulled the straw out. Thereafter I fluffed the PTB a little, condom filled the carto and vaped away.

It wicked like a dream and tasted fantastic. A small hint of tea on the first puffs but that was actually nice.

3 minutes cleaning in total and the carto is better than it was when it was new. YMMV.

Tomorrow I'm gonna try to replace filler with vacuum cleaner filter leftovers. I'll be back with the results.
    Last edited by Cibban; 11-19-2011 at 09:30 PM.
    kailey_elise likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cibban View Post
    Turkey basters and most of the other stuff mentioned in this thread are not widely available in Sweden so I just took a syringe (no needle) and one of the condoms my cartos came with. I poked a tiny hole in the condom and forced the tip of the syringe through it. That way, I could suck and push hot water through the carto with ease. Works like a charm.

This simple idea sounds like an excellent solution. I'll give it try when I clean my first carto.
    Cibban likes this.

Moved On ECF Veteran

Help! I'm having problems successfully cleaning my Halo/808 cartos. I've read just about every technique on here including watching videos. I use the oral syringe method: attach carto to syringe, flush with hot water 4-5 times, then I let sit for a few days to dry. I've tried this with 3 cartos now and every time I fill with juice (via syringe), there are issues with it hitting right and producing vapor. I have no idea where to go from here as again I've duplicated this technique from posts and videos on here. Any guidance?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in I do a very similer method to the one described, but instead substitute 90% rubbing alcohol instead of hot water for two reasons. 1 when it dries it leaves no trace, unlike tap water (distilled water heated up would do the same) and two it dries much faster. Just my 2 cents, seems to work really well for me hope others have similar results. Happy vaping!
    Devices: Reo Grand
    Atomizers: HH .357 LR
    Juices: NLV Bounty Hunter, Pink Spot G-Spot

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Sa Da Tay View Post
    Help! I'm having problems successfully cleaning my Halo/808 cartos. I've read just about every technique on here including watching videos. I use the oral syringe method: attach carto to syringe, flush with hot water 4-5 times, then I let sit for a few days to dry. I've tried this with 3 cartos now and every time I fill with juice (via syringe), there are issues with it hitting right and producing vapor. I have no idea where to go from here as again I've duplicated this technique from posts and videos on here. Any guidance?
    Sorry to double post, but I just wanted to say thats exactly why I switched to 90% rubbing alcohol. It seems when tap or purified water dries, it leaves a sort of residue on the coil and filler, and it takes a while to vape off, and for the flavor and vapor to return to normal. With distilled water or alcohol, I haven't had the same issue.
    Sa Da Tay likes this.
    Devices: Reo Grand
    Atomizers: HH .357 LR
    Juices: NLV Bounty Hunter, Pink Spot G-Spot

Moved On ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Creniker View Post
    Sorry to double post, but I just wanted to say thats exactly why I switched to 90% rubbing alcohol. It seems when tap or purified water dries, it leaves a sort of residue on the coil and filler, and it takes a while to vape off, and for the flavor and vapor to return to normal. With distilled water or alcohol, I haven't had the same issue.
    Thanks for the suggestion- I'll try that next.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Cibban View Post

I never would have thought of this and you're right!! Works great and much less hassle than the boil and rinse and dry method I was using. Thank you so much for sharing!!!! I'm using this right now with hot Everclear instead of water...seems to dry even faster.

Thank you again! Something to do with all of those carto condoms I've collected, LOL.
    Cibban likes this.

Don't mention it. :-)

Sa Da Tay: Try pushing the filler down towards the bottom of the carto with something blunt. I had the same problem with some cartos and it turned out the filler was not in contact with the wick. A slight push downwards and they vaped perfectly again. I tried holding the filler in place with an oring. That seems to work but I'm out of juice at the moment så I can't say for certain that it makes any difference. It should though.

I have totally abandoned water. I just don't have the patience to wait for days after cleaning. Now I just rip the filler out and clean the carto with electronics cleaner (iso). As I mentioned earlier I have tried replacing the filler with PTB and it worked well but the carto can't hold as much juice as it did with the original filler (polyfill?). I'll try vacuum cleaner filter next time and if that doesn't work I'm going to try PTB again but insert it in another way. Another thing Iĺl try is to wash the original filler in hot water and put it in the drier. In a sock, of course. :-)

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast