Burning Cartomisers? Dangerous?-510/Kr808/4081...etc filler type cartos - Page 3
Page 3 of 957 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
Like Tree5313Likes

Thread: Burning Cartomisers? Dangerous?-510/Kr808/4081...etc filler type cartos

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by wegster View Post
    @Cori

It's entirely possible it's 'not harmful,' or maybe is the equivalent of smoking an analog's part of the rolling paper (hopefully without the glue?). It would be nice to locate the original manufacturer on these, send some pics and questions along, or failing that, if one of the vendors of the 2 piece units would push this from their side..
    That's entirely true Wegster and I hope you are right. I'm keeping mine as a backup and go to device but I until I know its safe, I won't be vaping on it on a regular basis. Would be nice if someone could have these analyzed so we'd know one way or the other. The concept is good and I'm sure improvements will be made along the way.
    TheSystemHasFailed likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by fenez View Post
    Thanks, saw the KR808 on alibaba previously, but no mention of the KR808D-1 models that I saw...?? Hrm, online chat available, that ought to be interesting :-)

Someone feel free, or I may try sometime tomorrow..

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Inactive Supplier

I noticed that some versions of this 2pc cartomiser design are being sold with cartomisers in a 5-pack strip. My carts came as 4 pcs in a cardboard box. Some people have said that the flavor and longevity of the 5-pack carts are much better. Does anyone have experience with these types of carts? Do they burn just the same?? Are they the same in every way??

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mine were from the 5 pack carts, burn just the same as the pics showed.
    Come on doug, get on online chat with them :-) (is 1am here..need to finish some work up :-( )

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Another thread with a pair of pics, same results:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...tml#post166795

Nem

Thought I'd chime in here as well. I have noticed the carts from the E9,Bloog,Totem,S51 type do get this burning taste and have pulled some apart as well. They also have the same appearance of burnt like the pics. I have not had this happen with the carts for the VK, KR808D-1, Nebula etc. series. The material between the two types of cartridges appears to be different. Spoke with a manufacturer of the KR series, and they informed me the material is sponge. For what it's worth.

EDO
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The Kr808d-1 and LoongtoemV9 aren't the same. IT seems that the KR808d-1 is better insulated. However a lot of the carts aren;t filled right or are half filled. I always refill these before I start vaping to make sure they are filled correctly. Even then you can only vape for about 200 drags before needing to replace them. Making sure they are filled correctly from the beginning will insure that the cart material doesn;t burn through. HOwever I still am not convinced that these are safe ecigs.

Inactive Supplier

Wegster, thanks for the other link. I didn't realize how much this topic has been covered already. You know I really wouldn't have guessed that so many forum members were aware of this problem. This issue is common enough that I would never ever recommend this type of E-cig to anyone. I was a little confused by the number of hardcore vapers on this site who use and endorse this type of E-cig and either deal with this issue, didn't realize it, or just don't care. Oh well, I feel I've done my part to warn everyone about it, now its up to you to make your own decision.

I always thought that the true power of this forum is to give people the right info to make informed decisions and hopefully steer them away from poorly designed, poorly manufactured, over-priced or unsafe products. Also, I thought this forum would give valuable feedback to the manufacturers about design flaws that should be promptly corrected. This issue has been around for months and I don't see any potential resolutions in view. Hopefully anyone considering to buy one of these models finds this thread and thinks twice before purchasing one. Maybe then the manufacturers would deal with the problem. If everyone keeps buying and endorsing this type of product then change will likely never come. (or it'll take a long time because sales are still good.) I know I know, some or many of you are not experiencing this issue and you think I'm the minority but I'm willing to bet it is way more common than most people think. I also think alot of people don't realize it. (or didn't until now)

If this was the first e-cig to come out on the market, people would have ripped it to shreds for a problem like this. I wonder if the only reason this model has come this far is because it has been grandfathered in under the name ecig and with the overwhelming array of different ecigs available it doesn't get the close scrutiny it deserves. I'll wait a few months and check in on this product again to see if they fix this problem, until then vape at your own risk. Too bad though, it really has alot of potential.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Took apart a Red Dragon cartomizer that I had used for about a day and was ready to top off with some JC juice.

To my amazement it looked almost identical to the burnt cart autopsy posted by udave.
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...1-epuffer.html

...??? I did not taste burnt, it tasted done, no flavor left, but not burnt and still vaping.

Putting the cartomiser model aside for now.