Turning cartomizers into atomizers?

Thread: Turning cartomizers into atomizers?

Super Member Verified Member
    Blog Entries

Default Turning cartomizers into atomizers?

I'm in the market for a new dripping atomizer. I saw a video showing how to turn cartomizers into atomizers; does this apply to ANY cartomizer? I found these, and that's an awesome price, but I really don't want to use the filling material. I can just take out the filling and use it to drip? That seems too easy, so I feel like I'm probably missing something. I'm getting really annoyed by the breadth of information out there, so I figured I'd turn here in hopes of a straight forward answer.

Thanks for your help!

ECF Veteran

To turn the carto into an atomizer, it has to be a horizontal coil cartomizer. I believe Kanger is the only manufacturer that makes them that way. I tried it once with a used Kanger carto, and it didn't last very long as an atomizer, but maybe others have had better luck.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Considering all the hassle you have to go through to take apart a carto without killing the coil wiring, and the fact that it's still not really designed to work like an atty, to me it's just not worth the bother.

ECF Veteran

Yeah, I could understand doing it if money was desperately tight or you didn't have anything else to vape with at the moment, but regular atomizers are much more reliable...and lots of places sell them cheap.