Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CASAA | Web Site

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran eric's Avatar

Everything looks beautiful, Webby.

2. Advertisement

I like the body copy. My preference is justified text with a first line indent. San Serif is good. Looks like arial. Maybe a different font for the body copy. I've always had a crush on avantgarde.

Thanks for all your hard work Webby!

PV Master ECF Veteran kinabaloo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

First, well done for taking the bull by the horns Webby, and for being inclusive.

I know I'll be in the minority with this, but: I don't like the use of the generic photos - it is so overdone now; you see this everywhere since IBM or someone like that started the trend 10 years ago; looks disingenuous to me (plus detractors could make the charge of glamorisation). I do like the use of pics of members though; that's completely different and welcome.

Super Member ECF Veteran

be sure to make linking banners so I can put CASAA links on my site, I have a basic one page forum intended for customer issues and questions but folks just don't really seem to have a need for it, (or an interest) it is a primary link button and I have been debating what to do with it. Maybe I can use it for a CASAA information page, let me know

Super Member ECF Veteran mpetva's Avatar

Great job so far! Looking forward to seeing more :-)
    Alone We Fly~Together We Soar!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mtndude View Post
    I with T on this.. maybe somesort of wiki... not sure if there is an effective democratic wiki app.. but that's what I'm imagining. That coupled with a reel-time chat/log seems in order.

+out of public view
    I used to work in Event Support for Microsoft Office LiveMeeting. Although its undergone some revisions since then, and there are other web meeting systems that might be more feasible financially but that is at least the type of thing I had in mind. I'm willing to lend a hand wherever needed and we could try a couple different options for free if we decide we want to use this type of tech.

Perhaps by the nature of our organization, most of our work might be best done in wiki form--but I think a wiki is good for the resource database, but other work (political, legal, creative, administrative and production) might be better served in real-time meetings.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Kamanjah's Avatar

Is there going to be a forum? Or is that Lifestyle? #2 & 8 of the goals seem to point in that direction.

I think the font on the site defaults to your browser's default. It looks different in Firefox than it does in IE.

Super Member ECF Veteran Tallgirl1974's Avatar

Awesome. cant wait to see it all done. I want to join...{waits patiently}

And Kam- EVERYTHING looks differently in firefox than it does IE- and thats because IE sucks so no one should use it. {giggle}
    I am learning to make sites- and I am frustrated with IE..

Quote Originally Posted by Kamanjah View Post

I think the font on the site defaults to your browser's default. It looks different in Firefox than it does in IE.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kamanjah View Post
    Is there going to be a forum? Or is that Lifestyle? #2 & 8 of the goals seem to point in that direction.

I think forums will stay here, we'll just link to ECF. There are a lot of people who may not be aware of ECF and hopefully we can increase both audiences. As for the Lifestyle section, here is what I envisioned although I'm open to suggestion:

Lifestyle (tips, tricks and commentary from fellow users. This is NOT a duplication of ECF - it is a source for non-frontpage-news items such as how to guides (tea bag mods, stir stick mods, newbie tips) and feedback from fellow users worthy of being documented. Think, "things that are repeated every week in ECF")

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I think forums will stay here, we'll just link to ECF. There are a lot of people who may not be aware of ECF and hopefully we can increase both audiences. As for the Lifestyle section, here is what I envisioned although I'm open to suggestion:

Lifestyle (tips, tricks and commentary from fellow users. This is NOT a duplication of ECF - it is a source for non-frontpage-news items such as how to guides (tea bag mods, stir stick mods, newbie tips) and feedback from fellow users worthy of being documented. Think, "things that are repeated every week in ECF")
    I agree, but to explain my POV in greater detail, I envision the Lifestyle section to serve as a bit of a "fashion page". Smoking used to be the epitome of cool...James Dean, Humphrey Bogart, John Wayne, Elizabeth Taylor...but as the hazards of smoking came to the forefront, efforts were made to tear down that cool image...and with good reason--smoke is deadly and people should be discouraged, not encouraged.

However, with vaping, we have the opportunity to take back the mystique and do it for REAL this time. What is sexier than James Dean, Humphrey Bogart, John Wayne, and Elizabeth Taylor coyly pulling on a cigarette? Not smelling like an ashtray, not hacking up black phlegm each morning, regaining your senses of smell and taste..oh and not getting cancer is pretty sexy too.

I agree that we don't really need another forum there (not that I would be opposed if people still wanted it), but a live chat room might be appropriate...but what I'd most like to see is user submitted photos, art, and user created videos (including pro-vaping PSAs and especially funny e-cigarette commercials, Flash Mob demonstrations, etc.) that attempt to show the efforts of CASAA in action along with testimonial biographies of CASAA members and officers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast