Thread: CASAA launches tobacco harm reduction success stories collection

Testimonial done.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Testimonial submitted!

Thanks for putting this together.

Is there somewhere to see all the testimonials online?

Full Member Verified Member pwmeek's Avatar

They are still accepting them. I just sent mine in.
    --Pete
    Sesquipedalian Man (always looking for the exactly correct word)

Quote Originally Posted by kristin View Post
    E-cigarettes and other Tobacco Harm reduction strategies: a collection of success stories

Are you fed up with the claim that “there is no evidence” that e-cigarettes, snus, or other low-risk tobacco/nicotine products help people quit smoking? We are, too. It is obviously wrong, since every individual story of how e-cigarettes helped someone quit smoking (especially after many failed attempts using other methods) is such evidence! When CASAA fights against restrictions on e-cigarettes at the state and local level, we almost always win. The main reason for that is because CASAA members turn out and tell the lawmakers about how e-cigarettes were the reason they quit smoking. Most people understand evidence like that!

Did you quit using one of these safer alternatives?
    Tell us about your success story!

With this in mind, CASAA is compiling these individual stories so that we can back that individual testimony with a large collection and make it impossible for anyone to keep pretending that there is "no evidence." We know that there are hundreds -- perhaps thousands -- of you who have succeeded with tobacco harm reduction (THR) using e-cigarettes, snus, or other products and have already written your stories for testimony, letters to the editor or web posts. Thousands more have their own success stories that have never been reported. We want to collect those stories!

If you are someone who quit smoking by switching to e-cigarettes or any other smoke-free tobacco/nicotine product, please go to our testimonials collection page (click here) and tell us your story in your own words.

If you have already written your story, you can copy and paste it and this will only take a few minutes. (There is just one page of quick, simple questions followed by a box to paste your story into.) If you have not already written your story, this is a good opportunity to do so; it will take a bit more time than some of the check box surveys you may have already done, but it is worth it: These personal stories have proven to be the most powerful means of convincing doubters!

For those who are interested in receiving updates about this project or joining CASAA, you will also find information about those in the survey.

Thank you for your contribution to this project. We are confident that it will really make a difference!

Please forward and repost/share this anywhere that seems appropriate (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, blogging, vaping

Be sure to leave your story by clicking the link above. Comments left on this blog post will not be included in the official testimonial collection.
    I appreciate your work but it seems like the majority function of your movement is surrounded around United States.

Perhaps I am unaware but please enlighten me on your efforts in places like Europe and Asia (where I am from).

By the way, I joined today.

Full Member Verified Member pwmeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malik Brands View Post
    I appreciate your work but it seems like the majority function of your movement is surrounded around United States.

Perhaps I am unaware but please enlighten me on your efforts in places like Europe and Asia (where I am from).

By the way, I joined today.
    Since each jurisdiction tends to look at what other jurisdictions have done when contemplating its own new laws, what happens in the US will affect Europe and Asia, just as what happens there affects us in the US.

I have also posted my quitting story in European collections, and would be happy to do the same in any Asian collection. I just haven't been made aware of any such collections.
    --Pete
    Sesquipedalian Man (always looking for the exactly correct word)

Quote Originally Posted by pwmeek View Post
    Since each jurisdiction tends to look at what other jurisdictions have done when contemplating its own new laws, what happens in the US will affect Europe and Asia, just as what happens there affects us in the US.

I have also posted my quitting story in European collections, and would be happy to do the same in any Asian collection. I just haven't been made aware of any such collections.
    Thank you.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

testimonial Done. Also sent it to the local newspaper as an opinion piece.
    Sundodger likes this.
    "One day I smoked, the next day I was a vaper"

Done. If you feel the need to edit anything I don't mind.

Simon in NJ

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Is this done now? I went to the link and got "The survey you are trying to take is either not live or not available to you."

Senior Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

I just submitted my story publicly with my name and location. Thank you for sharing this link.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast