Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: CASAA launches tobacco harm reduction success stories collection

PV Master Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran

Default CASAA launches tobacco harm reduction success stories collection

E-cigarettes and other Tobacco Harm reduction strategies: a collection of success stories

Are you fed up with the claim that “there is no evidence” that e-cigarettes, snus, or other low-risk tobacco/nicotine products help people quit smoking? We are, too. It is obviously wrong, since every individual story of how e-cigarettes helped someone quit smoking (especially after many failed attempts using other methods) is such evidence! When CASAA fights against restrictions on e-cigarettes at the state and local level, we almost always win. The main reason for that is because CASAA members turn out and tell the lawmakers about how e-cigarettes were the reason they quit smoking. Most people understand evidence like that!

Did you quit using one of these safer alternatives?
    Tell us about your success story!

With this in mind, CASAA is compiling these individual stories so that we can back that individual testimony with a large collection and make it impossible for anyone to keep pretending that there is "no evidence." We know that there are hundreds -- perhaps thousands -- of you who have succeeded with tobacco harm reduction (THR) using e-cigarettes, snus, or other products and have already written your stories for testimony, letters to the editor or web posts. Thousands more have their own success stories that have never been reported. We want to collect those stories!

If you are someone who quit smoking by switching to e-cigarettes or any other smoke-free tobacco/nicotine product, please go to our testimonials collection page (click here) and tell us your story in your own words.

If you have already written your story, you can copy and paste it and this will only take a few minutes. (There is just one page of quick, simple questions followed by a box to paste your story into.) If you have not already written your story, this is a good opportunity to do so; it will take a bit more time than some of the check box surveys you may have already done, but it is worth it: These personal stories have proven to be the most powerful means of convincing doubters!

For those who are interested in receiving updates about this project or joining CASAA, you will also find information about those in the survey.

Thank you for your contribution to this project. We are confident that it will really make a difference!

Please forward and repost/share this anywhere that seems appropriate (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, blogging, vaping

Be sure to leave your story by clicking the link above. Comments left on this blog post will not be included in the official testimonial collection.

Full Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Default say/not say

Howdy CASAA, and thank you in an extreme way for what it is you do.

I'm Gordon Keeble, I'm in the vicinity of Albany, NY, and here, I don't give a crap who might see this info.

I would really like to participate in your collection of testimonials, and want to give one that is true in every way.

My concern here is that ALL of us here know that the bottom line is about how much cash is leaving our pockets and landing in their pockets, at any expense to anyone.

I think you need to include pointers for people writing testimonials to help them avoid saying things that might potentially be misconstrued and used as ammunition.

Thank for reading what I wrote.

C. Gordon Keeble
    Albany, NY

Excellent idea, kristin. Let's keep this thread on the front page.

In fact, could a mod make this a "sticky"???????
    kristin and Coldrake like this.

Vapor Fanatic Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Testimonial submitted, and bump!
    kristin likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Ok. I was wrong, and have made a mistake. My apologies...

I've been challenging CASAA lately, and have been extremely wary of their agenda. CASAA's supporters have been very diligently supportive of the organization and its goals, and have expressed a zeal that's nothing short of commendable.

After several days of reflection, I've realized my continual challenging of CASAA hasn't don't anything supportive of their causes (which aligns with most all of us, myself included).

By deciding not to join the CASAA organization, I have effectively chosen to side with those that CASAA oppose, by way of inaction. That is just not acceptable to me.

I will be signing up and putting my support behind the CASAA organization within the hour.

EDIT: Sign up complete
    Last edited by KY_Rob; 05-25-2013 at 07:36 PM.
    wv2win, kristin, Grammie and 9 others like this.

Bump........................

Bump......................................

I testified! For those interested, I pasted it here.
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

Bump.............................................. ....

ECF Moderator
    CASAA Liaison Moderator
    Asst Classifieds Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

ANGRY ABOUT NEW LAWS & BANS? GET INVOLVED NOW!
    CASAA Forum | Legislation/News | E-Cigarette Politics | Nicotine Myths

New Member Information! | Find Out How to Get Verified for Classifieds!

PLEASE KEEP ALL E-LIQUID & E-CIGS OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN & PETS!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast