Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Expert opinons please. Advice more than welcome

PV Master* Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default Expert opinons please. Advice more than welcome

I work at a certain place I can't discuss due to the ECF forum rules. My main problem is the Cloud Chasers that have evolved.
    I'm not referring to just those of us who would like an alternative to smoking cigarettes. I'm talking about the ones who want to see who can blow the biggest cloud and how long it will last.
    I suffer from sever COPD and my lung doc was thrilled that I started vaping. And I also use Swedish Snus.
    I've actually started having breathing trouble when the "cloud chasers flood the area".
    Is this what we really want the ANTZ to get hold of. I hope not.
    I've actually had people tell me it wouldn't hurt me cause it's just vape. While I agree with that statement. I will also say that a extremely heavy foggy day messes up my breathing.
    Most have no idea of safety and I've been called stupid for bringing up OHMS law and battery amp limits. (one was working at 8 amps on a battery that was limited to 6.8 amps. His reply was it's protected).

IMHO this is getting out of hand.
    Sorry to vent out like this but this old man has had enough. I support CASSA. They can't even spell it nor do they care.
    It's really sad to me that we have a generation that is doing this to vaping.
    Thank you for the time.
    Started vaping on 09/05/2012
    If I stumble and fall, I will get back up. I will never ever give up!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

So sorry about your medical condition tnt56 and problems with the cloud chasers. I understand your concern and don't get what's up with the cloud chasers. Not sure if CASAA can address the issue or not. I haven't checked but is there any mention of it on the CASAA website?

I remember seeing a question about "clouds" on the Big survey here on ECF, hmmmm

Personally, I haven't been around or seen any IRL. However, a non-vaping friend mentioned vapers doing "big clouds" that he saw just recently somewhere. He asked me what's up with that, (as if I'd know, because I vape,) but my exhaled vapor doesn't look like much of anything. My friend did say that those who were blowing big clouds were of a younger generation than ours. I've been wondering about this as it just came up a few days ago, and now I saw your post as well.

Vaping since Feb. 2012, avoiding approx. 30-35 cigs a day. Everything I tried prior to finding e-cigs failed! Write to your Senators and Representatives, the CDC and the FDA. Tell your e-cig story to them and to CASAA too and let our voices be heard!

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by tnt56 View Post

IMHO this is getting out of hand.
    Sorry to vent out like this but this old man has had enough. I support CASSA. They can't even spell it nor do they care.
    It's really sad to me that we have a generation that is doing this to vaping.
    Thank you for the time.
    You are Always going to see a Small Segment of any Population that may Use (or Abuse) something "Just for Fun".

It's just kinda goes with the Territory.

Unfortunately, Some of the More Obnoxious Cloud Chasers are definitely giving All Vaper's a Bad Name. But they are Not Alone. The same goes for Militant Vaper Everywhere people.

e-Cigarettes hold a Tremendous Promise of Harm Reduction. It is a Shame that sometimes that they are Tagged in Some Peoples Minds just for the Actions of a Small Group of Individuals.

But I don't see anyway to prevent it in Most cases.
    aikanae1 and BostonVape like this.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I agree that's there's not much we can do about certain types of vapors.
    It just makes me sad, that so many of us finally found something that works for us. If only they could learn to show some respect for others. I believe it would go a long way for a positive outlook.

I don't believe CASAA can do anything about these problems we face. But this was the only place I felt safe posting my little rant without it turning into another battle that ECF does not need.
    zoiDman and aikanae1 like this.

Supporting Member

I agree that's there's not much we can do about certain types of vapors.
    It just makes me sad, that so many of us finally found something that works for us. If only they could learn to show some respect for others. I believe it would go a long way for a positive outlook.

I hear you.

And Anything that Detracts people from viewing e-Cigarettes as a Viable way to Switch from Smoking while Reducing the Harm to themselves and those around them is a Shame. I'm just not sure what can be Done About it.

Where I live, Orange County CA, a Fad among Many young people is to Chain Vape 36mg (or Higher) for the Buzz.

Whereas I would Love to see a Way to Stop Kids from Doing this. I can see No Practical way to even come close without Severely Limiting those who are using an e-Cigarette to keep from Smoking.
    Ryedan and tnt56 like this.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default Expert opinons please. Advice more than welcome

I have a solution to the problem , but it would involve a place where you get 3 hot meals and a cot to sleep in.
    I have brought this subject up to the president and CEO of the company I work for.

Only time will tell. I just wish this silly cloud chasing would stop.

Most of these kids are using 0 to 2 mg of nic. Just all VG.

if I could drop that low. Heck I'd quit altogether and seek everything and be rich.

It's just sad what the younger generation is doing to our lifestyle. Were trying to help ourselves and others.
    They don't have a clue.

So give the ANTZ another bullet. They don't have a clue as to what ANTZ is nor care.

I believe in CASAA. I refer to CASAA. I'm a very proud member of CASAA.
    Together we stand!!!!!! And we can and will be heard. (I pray).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tnt56; 05-05-2014 at 11:25 PM.
    ~Sue~Feb2012 likes this.

Supporting Member

It's just sad what the younger generation is doing to our lifestyle. Were trying to help ourselves and others.
    They don't have a clue.

So give the ANTZ another bullet. They don't have a clue as to what ANTZ is nor care.

It's kinda a Double Edged Sword when you Think About it.

On one Edge, you have People that Say that e-Cigarettes are Harmless to the User and to those around them. And that taking in Nicotine in this way is Not Addictive.

So if you believe this, there Isn't much of an Argument that can be made that Anyone shouldn't be able to use and e-Cigarette. No Harm. No Addiction. No Problem.

On the Other Edge you have a Perception Problem. And that is that the General Public is less than Informed. And the Actions of an Individual, Especially a Minor, hurts All e-Cigarette Users. And can cause the Fence Sitters to go to the Con Side of things.

I am Vehemently Opposed to Minors using e-Cigarettes. And do Not Like to See any Adult who Never Smoked picking up an e-Cigarette.

But I am a Realist. And know that Minors are going to do what their Friends Do. And what is Cool. (How Many of Us Started Smoking at a Younger Age because it was Cool?)

The Problem I see is Dancing on the Knife Edge to Alay peoples Fears that Minors with start Using e-Cigarettes and be Harmed by it, Health or Addiction-wise. While not Restricting e-Liquids to the Point where an Adult can Not Benefit from them (Banning Flavors, Low Limits on mg, Crazy Age Verification Requirements, etc).
    tnt56 likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

My local vape shop had an employee who was into subohming, and the store constantly had a group that hung out there also into it. The store started making us sign a waiver before we had help with a coil, and the store enforced a policy of not building any coils under 1ohm in the store. Soon, the employee quit, and the problem took care of itself.

I personally don't have any breathing issues, but I have allergies. A lot of vapor in the air bothers me. Now that the subohmers are gone, it's not an issue any more. And the store is just as busy as it have been before.
    tnt56 and aikanae1 like this.

Become a Member of
    CASAA

11-22-12

ECF Veteran

In order for vaping to take off it had to develop acceptance, or "coolness" to it. But I agree that I've seen younger crowds pick up on this almost as if it's a sport. You could say the same about shiney new devices too. I honestly think it'll burn itself out when the next big thing comes along. I saw a video of teens sticking nicotine patches all over until they got dizzy. In that sense, ecigs aren't special except they "remind people of smoking".

For the 20 yr olds, if it's not ecigs it could be alcohol or drugs or street racing or whatever they think will get a rise out of those older than 30. I swear that's why they do half the things they do. For those over 30, well biology doesnt' always relate to emotional age.

Another big factor in this cloud craze is a sense of freedom. How many decades has smoking been "hidden"? I really do think this'll burn out if left alone.

I think what many other vapers are reacting to is a sense of respect and courtesy. If your in an establishment, there is a certain expectation that the owners / managers set the enviroment. If you don't like it leave - they loose enough business, they will change or some other place will become popular. There's also nothing wrong with saying something to whoever is on duty that night. I think most could blow big clouds outside just as well too - and that may happen.
    tnt56 and Kent Brooks like this.
    "Don't blink."

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Very good reply's from all. And I thank you for that. It helps me to believe that there are some people that respect others rights and personal space.
    I'm the "go to guy" in the shop. Other owners call me on my day off for advice. I really don't have a problem with that, because they have a real question. I've already spoken with the Big Dog of the company. "I will not permit ANYONE who is employed by us to build for some one else. There is a Libality factor involved in this. I made a small test for the President of the company. Simple questions. Like why do you want to work here? Are Cloud Chasers the way to go? etc. What is Ohms law? No one passed.
    It just saddens me because I still see employees building or showing some DA how to build. "Well that's the way Ripp tripper did it".
    What resistance is it?
    What's that?
    Well duh. Hope you have a good doctor!!!!!!!
    Sorry but I'm a little more than peaved off at this subject. I'm no less than twice the age of the oldest person in our shop. The only reason I'm there is because of my knowledge. And this old dog can still bite. And bite I will and have.
    serenity21899 and aikanae1 like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast