Christian Movie "God is Not Dead" Critique
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Saintscruiser
  • 1 Post By Saintscruiser

Thread: Christian Movie "God is Not Dead" Critique

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Saintscruiser's Avatar

Default Christian Movie "God is Not Dead" Critique

I was told by 2 people that I should watch this movie and I thought it was very good! I highly recommend it! It's about a college student who stands up for God in a class and it winds up that the professor tries to make an example out of him to the class to prove there is a God and He's not dead! Very well written. It stars Kevin Sorbo and Dean Cain. (Tv's Hercules and Superman.) And I tell you, I always cry when people come to the Lord.....even if it is a Christian fiction story.
    mightymen and daleron like this.
    Moderator - Christian Vapors

I missed it but my family enjoyed it. My wife is very wary of what hollywood produces and was pleasantly surprised.

Any others you've enjoyed?
    People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Saintscruiser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by r77r7r View Post
    I missed it but my family enjoyed it. My wife is very wary of what hollywood produces and was pleasantly surprised.

Any others you've enjoyed?

There are many Christian oriented movies on Netflix.....some I have enjoyed more than others, but take a look through their many listed movies. I've given up most non-holsom movies. The violence doesn't bother me as much as the language. I just can't deal with the language anymore. The reason is that in my own life when something would happen, I would think of these words and phrases in my mind and kept having to rebuke. I got to a point of having to choose......and I did. I also watch many movies on The Hallmark Movie Channel. Nothing is 100% anymore. I still like some Disney movies....my favorite is Lady and the Tramp. Also, on Netflix, 'The Measure of a Man,' a true movie about a daughter's pivotal moments in her life from her courageous Daddy, who is dying of cancer. Thought this would have been depressing, but was a complete inspiration; 'Home Run,' about an alcoholic baseball star who begrudgingly stated coaching a Little League team as part of rehab; 'The Encounter,' 1 and 2 - you just have to watch them....very good; 'Unconditional,' about a woman who searches for her husband's killer and how it returned her to her faith. What you might want to do is a movie search under Christian movies.

Lately, I've gotten on a 'Magum: P.I.' kick. I never watched it when it was on tv many years ago, but I admire Tom Selleck and was watching a Jesse Stone Marathon some weeks back and thought I would give Magum a try. I am enjoying it. I got on an 'Enterprise' kick before that. Didn't watch that when it was on, either. I am tired of tv and movies taking me into people's bedrooms, too! I want to be entertained, not getting covered in filth.

Some of my tv programs are: Person of Interest; NCIS; Faceoff; BlueBloods; Downton Abbey/Masterpiece Theatre; Longmire; Criminal Minds; Mentalist; Castle; NFL Saints games: Shark Tank; I see a theme emerging!
    Last edited by Saintscruiser; 09-02-2014 at 12:20 AM. Reason: added tv shows
    r77r7r likes this.
    Moderator - Christian Vapors