ELITE 808- New Standard for KR808d-1 Users! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: ELITE 808- New Standard for KR808d-1 Users!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Waiting for the pics. Also, are you going to carry the ice colors?

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran SSV2's Avatar

Thumbs up 808 Clear & Easy tank progression

Quote Originally Posted by tpoulton View Post
    Waiting for the pics. Also, are you going to carry the ice colors?

Hi tpoulton,

The first two photos show the progression in design of the Elite 808 Clear & Easy Tanks.

Elite Clear & Easy tanks.jpg Elite Clear & Easy progression.jpg

Note: The most recent design with the sleeker looking silver tip features a larger (wider diameter) sized hole on mouthpiece for optimal air flow. Also with black base to better match up to Elite 808 battery.

Elite Clear & Easy 808 tanks .jpg -Current Elite 808 Clear & Easy Tanks now available.

*I'm currently beta testing yet another upcoming Elite 808 Clear & Easy tank that is much different in internal design than the current. I am so far very pleased with the performance. I do not have a ETA on when they will be available yet as they have not yet gone into full production. Do not know about whether they will be available in the ice colors yet?

I will update and post pics when I can obtain an official confirmation of release.

SSV2

Last edited by SSV2; 06-25-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: photo edit

What is the length and diameter of the Elite 808 battery?

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousFat View Post
    What is the length and diameter of the Elite 808 battery?

In order to get a more clearer size perspective. I have paired the Elite 808 up with a standard analog styled 808.

Elite 808 vs. Standard 808.jpg
    The Elite is slightly wider in diameter yet the majority of the length difference is composed of larger 2ml sized cartomizer (equal diameter) and whistle tip. It provides a nice feel and balance in hand for relative size in contrast to the longer slimmer XL analog styled 808's that also house a 380mAh battery but,without the LED battery indicator lights.

Elite 808 vs. Standard 808 2.jpg

Approx. 140mm Length / 11.2mm Diameter

SSV2

140mm, I'm assuming that's assembled, what is the length of just the battery?

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousFat View Post
    140mm, I'm assuming that's assembled, what is the length of just the battery?

Approx. 79mm - the battery alone.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I purchased the Elite 808 kit and have been extremely satisfied with it! I have since picked up two additional batteries, a silver one and a red one. I initially got the kit with the "stealth" plain buttons and the red battery has the "diamond" button and I have to say that I like the "diamond" button better.

I also wasn't sure if I would like the flat tips on the cartomizers...but I really like them!

Flavor, Vapor and Throat Hit are top notch.

I've tried the clearomizers with it and they "hit" very well but they seem a little delicate. I don't care for the little top portion-tip on the things. They are REAL easy to knock off...not something that I can take "on the go" though ok for home use.

My only real complaint is the Elite PCC that I purchased...The batteries end up positioned, in such a way, that I can't screw it all the way on the charger...if I do the button is depressed or the lid will not close...so it has been pretty much useless for charging the Elite 808 batteries. It works fine with smaller cigarette type batteries. It's the only thing I've received from Cig Easy that I've been disappointed with. I thought about returning it but instead tried to dremel the ridge in the cig slot to accomodate the battery better but the battery still doesn't sit correctly...If I tighten the battery enough to charge the button is in the bottom of the slot and gets depressed...loosen it a little and it doesn't make enough contact to charge.

Otherwise customer their customer service has been superb...place an order and it ships immediately and arrives quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by markophonic View Post
    I purchased the Elite 808 kit and have been extremely satisfied with it! I have since picked up two additional batteries, a silver one and a red one. I initially got the kit with the "stealth" plain buttons and the red battery has the "diamond" button and I have to say that I like the "diamond" button better.

I also wasn't sure if I would like the flat tips on the cartomizers...but I really like them!

Flavor, Vapor and Throat Hit are top notch.

I've tried the clearomizers with it and they "hit" very well but they seem a little delicate. I don't care for the little top portion-tip on the things. They are REAL easy to knock off...not something that I can take "on the go" though ok for home use.

My only real complaint is the Elite PCC that I purchased...The batteries end up positioned, in such a way, that I can't screw it all the way on the charger...if I do the button is depressed or the lid will not close...so it has been pretty much useless for charging the Elite 808 batteries. It works fine with smaller cigarette type batteries. It's the only thing I've received from Cig Easy that I've been disappointed with. I thought about returning it but instead tried to dremel the ridge in the cig slot to accomodate the battery better but the battery still doesn't sit correctly...If I tighten the battery enough to charge the button is in the bottom of the slot and gets depressed...loosen it a little and it doesn't make enough contact to charge.

Otherwise customer their customer service has been superb...place an order and it ships immediately and arrives quickly.
    I bought my kit about a month ago and have been very happy.
    Not much different form the standard 808's, and last longer, better hit.
    My charging case has the same problem, the button always faces in. I did the dremel trick and no problems.
    So far so good

Thumbs up Damn buttons!

Quote Originally Posted by blazer2 View Post
    I bought my kit about a month ago and have been very happy.
    Not much different form the standard 808's, and last longer, better hit.
    My charging case has the same problem, the button always faces in. I did the dremel trick and no problems.
    So far so good

Seems to be more of an issue with the Elite 808's that feature the diamond crystal button as it sticks out more on some random batts .

The newer version Elite 808 stainless steel stealth button fits nicely in the PCC without need to potentially modify.

Still never quite understood the purpose of that excess plastic ridge on 1st compartment?

Although, the dremel trick sure worked like a charm if all else failed!

Fun Fact: The original Elite 808 prototype featured a standard silicone button, at that time the Elite PCC was designed in conjunction for that particular battery's design .
    Of course it fit perfectly in the case at that time!

SSV2
    Last edited by SSV2; 04-23-2013 at 09:31 AM. Reason: OU818

Moved On ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SSV2 View Post
    In order to get a more clearer size perspective. I have paired the Elite 808 up with a standard analog styled 808.

Elite 808 vs. Standard 808.jpg
    The Elite is slightly wider in diameter yet the majority of the length difference is composed of larger 2ml sized cartomizer (equal diameter) and whistle tip. It provides a nice feel and balance in hand for relative size in contrast to the longer slimmer XL analog styled 808's that also house a 380mAh battery but,without the LED battery indicator lights.

Elite 808 vs. Standard 808 2.jpg

Approx. 140mm Length / 11.2mm Diameter

SSV2

Looks wonderful!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123