All new advanced system elite 808 tanks are here! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All new advanced system elite 808 tanks are here!

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran SSV2's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by STLBluesNut View Post
    i haven't had any leakage from the body or cap, just the air hole on the battery end after filling and replacing the cap but it is only about a drop. this is only initially and doesnt leak after that neither attached or seperated from the battery.

my opinion is that flavors are about the same, some are better.

I agree with you STLBluesNut!

Also, I really do not think the viscosity of the E-liquid has any bearing on whether the tank will be more prone to leak. I have had great results using thicker (VG based) juice with these tanks although, I mostly prefer using higher PG blends because I get the best flavor delivery regardless of the cartomizer being used. Some thicker based e-liquids do seem to gunk up filler type carts much faster especially if the juice blend contains any added sweetners that can stick on the coil like glue over a relatively short period of time. I have not really noticed this while using any of the non filler tank type carts.

The potential leaking issue is best covered in post #4 of this thread - Elite Users Quide

SSV2

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just bought 3 packs. What about cleaning? and how long do you think one of them will last, meaning how many times can I refill one before moving to the next one?
    thx!

Quote Originally Posted by silentdoom View Post
    I just bought 3 packs. What about cleaning? and how long do you think one of them will last, meaning how many times can I refill one before moving to the next one?
    thx!

Although Mileage May Vary.... I have refilled the same tank/cart over a dozen times using the same e-liquid. I usually have a few in rotation with different e-liquid blends. They are easier to clean than cartomizers that have filler material inside.

Simply rinse out with clean water, really no need to air dry as you can do a dry burn (if desired?) on them like a atomizer before refilling. Longevity of use would likely be dependent on the e-liquids your using?

Some thicker viscosity e-liquids with added sweetners are prone to eventually gunk up any cartomizer and shorten the lifespan.

SSV2

ECF Veteran

so, what do you suggest for the dry burn, bc that will get off all the gunk right? I consider myself pretty good at everything besides that, and thats just bc I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. Once i get the coil red after a few 5 sec cycles, how long do i keep it red before releasing the button and how many times should I do it? I can't wait to get these. I love my elite carts, and my easy tanks, but these seem AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by silentdoom View Post
    so, what do you suggest for the dry burn, bc that will get off all the gunk right? I consider myself pretty good at everything besides that, and thats just bc I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. Once i get the coil red after a few 5 sec cycles, how long do i keep it red before releasing the button and how many times should I do it? I can't wait to get these. I love my elite carts, and my easy tanks, but these seem AWESOME!
    It can vary..I do not know that there really is a magic number in seconds from a dry burn that will remove all the gunk everytime . It will take some personal experimentation on your part.

There are many discussions about this on the forums as there are many different methods for simply cleaning cartomizers.

Keep it simple...it should not have to involve any great extremes on your part.

In fact you may never even have to do a dry burn?

I prefer these Elite 808 Clear and Easy tanks over the regular Clear and Easy's because, I like the design much better and in my opinion there is a noticable improvement overall in performance.

SSV2

Last edited by SSV2; 11-08-2011 at 08:47 PM.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SSV2 View Post
    It can vary..I do not know that there really is a magic number in seconds from a dry burn that will remove all the gunk everytime . It will take some personal experimentation on your part.

There are many discussions about this on the forums as there are many different methods for simply cleaning cartomizers.

Keep it simple...it should not have to involve any great extremes on your part.

In fact you may never even have to do a dry burn?

I prefer these Elite 808 Clear and Easy tanks over the regular Clear and Easy's because, I like the design much better and in my opinion there is a noticable improvement overall in performance.

SSV2

I just recieved my order today.... And...

Oh my god these things are GOOD! The best that I have tried yet! Thumbs up times a million!!!! I got an extra elite battery for my girlfriend and we both agree, way better!!

ECF Veteran

So... I was playing MW3 with my friend and when I went back to my room my girlfriend asked if hers tasted normal.... Well, it tasted burnt so I tried a different flavor, and yup burnt! Any suggestions for her? At this rate I'm gonna have to buy more by the weekend!

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sounds like a wicking problem. Sometimes happens to me on a long draw especially when the battery is full and putting out higher voltage 4-4.2v. Try blowing into it when attached to battery. Will push air bubble into liquid chamber causing a slightly positive pressure and more juice to flow into quick. Don't have to blow like you're inflating a ballon or anything like that.

Sent from my LG Optimus using tapatalk.

ECF Veteran

That's exactaly what I suggested for her to do, as well as my friend! I found that to be a great solution, especially if you take hits close together. All in all, pretty great tank! Best ive tried so far

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

They look cool, but they consistently taste like burned plastic. I think analogs are probably safer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast