Why does the liquid in my Tornado-t tank get darker as it is used up?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does the liquid in my Tornado-t tank get darker as it is used up?

Default Why does the liquid in my Tornado-t tank get darker as it is used up?

I'm not getting much flavour out of my Tornado-t and I've noticed that the remaining liquid gets much darker as it is used up, could the flavouring be staying in the tank for some reason?

Edit: the e-liquid is the premixed coffee from TW and worked fine in the cheaper cart fuelled e-cig that I had before.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Same here. My mostly clear watermelon from last nite looks like caramel color now

Full Member ECF Veteran

I too noticed this before my tank died! All I could think of is possibly there is residue from a different liquid still in the tank that mixes with whats being used at the time. I never would blow out my atty or clean it when changing flavors, I would always just puff through it. I have some light colored juices and some dark ones, but it is baffling when my green tea juice, which is one of my lightest colored juices, came out very brown when I checked it. Tasted fine though. I dunno...

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Things that make you go hmmmm?
    Just remember when you "think" you are having a bad day someone else "IS" having a bad day.
    Last TC taken 05-15-13 Last given 09-29-13

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

when your juice gets cooked on the coil the wick pulls the dark color back to the juice just my openion though

Ultra Member ECF Veteran VictoryNotVengence's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I and others had this problem with the carlos juice box. it seems the atty only vaped some of the elements of ejuice, the more easily lower atomizing point elements and didn't vape the more heavier elements.

PV Master ECF Veteran

My theory is the ejuice is being heated in the plastic tank from the atomizer/cylinder which darkens some juices more than others. Happens in cartomizers too if you blow out excess juice after you have been using them with a light flavor. There since it can touch the atomizer you assume it's buildup. I find it hard to believe that very much gunky juice would wick up into the tank given you are constantly sucking it down.

Flavor particle sediment in coffee type juices don't seem to make it through the wick and can sometimes even clog it, but they are dark juices already.

Quote Originally Posted by crippledbazooka View Post
    I and others had this problem with the carlos juice box. it seems the atty only vaped some of the elements of ejuice, the more easily lower atomizing point elements and didn't vape the more heavier elements.
    You could also say the CJB had a coil self cleaning design as eliquid would 'wash' over the coil and return to the bottle when you pumped.
    "The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see"

Try searching...

Senior Member Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

First off, you really want to avoid any dark colored (or even moderate colored) juices in the eGo-T / Tornado-T / Inferno-T. They gunk up in this design, and cause many problems with your tankomizers.

Second, I have noticed the same thing when I said "screw it" and tried one of my dark juices. It also seemed that the dark area was a lot thicker than the surrounding juice. I believed this was caused by over-vaping, and the needle heating up the juice to the point of "cooking" it, causing it to thicken and darken. This lead me to believe that I either needed to take more time between vapes on the dark juice, or stop using it in the Tank. I took the second option, as I chain vape, and hate waiting between puffs.

If you stay with the dark juice, you will need to undertake severe cleaning regimens I have plenty of tricks and tips on cleaning and maintenance on my blog. Link is in my signature.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I had the same problem. Darker liquids tend to gunk up my atty really bad. Now I try to stick to light colored liquid and I blow out my atty after every tank full to keep excess liquid from gunking up and it seems to help me out quite well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast