Let's make a list of juices/flavors that crack tanks, ce2's/clearos... - Page 2
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

Thread: Let's make a list of juices/flavors that crack tanks, ce2's/clearos...

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Your welcome, we need to keep this bumped up so it gets more attention. It's still a crapshoot, but I'm hoping this will give us some general guidlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaria View Post
    Big thank you my4jewels for this post! I have been so scared to put liquids into my tank besides the one I know won't crack it. Now maybe I can expand a little more without worry.
    No analogs since 5-5-11
    I am a DIY'ingcartotankingwoodmodaholic!
    2 Redsky mods, 8 ManCave mods, 1 Grip, 2 Wildman mods, 1 Hogmod, and a BoggerBox.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have some topvapor winter green in a xl - no problems at all- not any of the cracks either and it has been in the ce2 for over a week...
    EmilyMA likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I know that mimosa and cola e-liquid both etched my genesis tank tubing. I assumed it was the orange in the mimosa and the cinnamon in the cola. The new ce2's that Gotvapes is selling are made out of a different type of plastic, similar to the ego tank plastic and do not react with at least cinnamon. (I have some in one right now. )
    calico21 and Tinkerbell1313 like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

The mimosa I can understand. I have some mimosa from Honeyville. I really like it, but it's a bit tart, wouldn't dare put it in one of my liquinator tanks. I didn't know there was cinnamon in cola e liquid. What brand was the juice, or was it DIY? I was going to try mixing up some vanilla coke juice soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambch3p View Post
    I know that mimosa and cola e-liquid both etched my genesis tank tubing. I assumed it was the orange in the mimosa and the cinnamon in the cola. The new ce2's that Gotvapes is selling are made out of a different type of plastic, similar to the ego tank plastic and do not react with at least cinnamon. (I have some in one right now. )
    No analogs since 5-5-11
    2 Redsky mods, 8 ManCave mods, 1 Grip, 2 Wildman mods, 1 Hogmod, and a BoggerBox.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by calico21 View Post
    I haven't noticed any of this with the new tubing on the CE2's or the 'syringe mod'. If that helps anyone who wants to use these juices. I use things with cinnamon,citric and sour flavoring.
    I don;t know about the new tubing on the CE2's but I don't think anything will crack the syinge mod, it seems to just go and go, and I use cinnamon in it allot.
    They are a little pain in neck to make, but with a box cutter (be very carful or you can cut yourself). I used a 3ml syringe and cut it to the same length as the CE2 and use fine sandpaper to take any burrs off the inside edges, then slip in on and your in business, no leaking or cracking.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

My aim is to compile a list of juice and flavorings that may cause potential problems as far as cracking polycarbonate tanks. Anything listed here may cause your tank to crack. I just ordered 3' of polycarbonate tubing. I am going to cut the tubing and use it in my tanks to try out some questionable flavors. This way, I won't be upset if I crack one, but I'll have an answer on some of these variables. I am primarily focused on the polycarbonate tanks, although this info can easily apply to other tanks.

I have heard good things about the new ce2's with thicker tubing. I have also heard that the ce2 "syringe mod" can take just about anything. YMMV. Also, bear in mind that different vendors may use different ingredients to make the same flavors. So, a flavored e juice you get from one vendor that is safe for yout tank may not be safe from another vendor, or vice versa. For instance, I have no trouble at all with VaporGod strawberry kiwi, but Mrs. T's strawberry shortcake can potentially crack you tank. Clear as mud, huh?

Some of these are premixed juices, some are flavorings that DIY'ers use. Contributions have been made by myself and other members. So far we have:

Any juice that has:

Sour flavors
    Malic acid
    Citrus acid
    Cinnamon like "atomic cinnamon" types, not warm cinnamon like cinnamon coffe cake, this is okay
    Wintergreen juice or flavoring
    TPA ripe banana flavoring
    TPA honeysuckle flavoring
    TPA maraschino cherry flavoring
    TPA cherry blossom flavoring
    TPA root beer flavoring
    Mrs. T's strawberry shortcake, snickerdoodle
    KBV Hummingbird nectar
    mimosa(because of the orange)
    cola(because of cinnamon)?
    Vapor Renu Teaberry, cherry vanilla (possibly most of their flavors)
    Oil based/e liquid that conains essential oils, when mixed with pg/vg, creates esters which will crack plastics
    E liquids that contain triacetin, used in vg liquids to carry flavor more effectively
    Vapalicious Gooey Butter Cake

I just noticed that Perfumer's Apprentice lists triactetin as in ingredient in some of their flavors, so be sure to check that out.

With so many folks using tanks nowadays, let's all contribute here!!

Disclaimer: These are not "bad" juices. They just have the potential to cause cracking in tank systems.
    Last edited by my4jewels; 09-07-2011 at 02:28 PM.
    No analogs since 5-5-11

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran flavor911's Avatar

Liquid containing Triacetin can soften or crack plastic. It's a plasticizer Triacetin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by my4jewels View Post
    My aim is to compile a list of juice and flavorings that may cause potential problems as far as cracking polycarbonate tanks. Anything listed here may cause your tank to crack. I just ordered 3' of polycarbonate tubing. I am going to cut the tubing and use it in my tanks to try out some questionable flavors. This way, I won't be upset if I crack one, but I'll have an answer on some of these variables. I am primarily focused on the polycarbonate tanks, although this info can easily apply to other tanks.

I have heard good things about the new ce2's with thicker tubing. I have also heard that the ce2 "syringe mod" can take just about anything. YMMV. Also, bear in mind that different vendors may use different ingredients to make the same flavors. So, a flavored e juice you get from one vendor that is safe for yout tank may not be safe from another vendor, or vice versa. For instance, I have no trouble at all with VaporGod strawberry kiwi, but Mrs. T's strawberry shortcake can potentially crack you tank. Clear as mud, huh?

Some of these are premixed juices, some are flavorings that DIY'ers use. Contributions have been made by myself and other members. So far we have:

Any juice that has:

Sour flavors
    Malic acid
    Citrus acid
    Cinnamon like "atomic cinnamon" types, not warm cinnamon like cinnamon coffe cake, this is okay
    Wintergreen juice or flavoring
    TPA ripe banana flavoring
    TPA honeysuckle flavoring
    TPA maraschino cherry flavoring
    TPA cherry blossom flavoring
    Mrs. T's strawberry shortcake, snickerdoodle
    KBV Hummingbird nectar
    mimosa(because of the orange)
    cola(because of cinnamon)?
    Vapor Renu Teaberry, cherry vanilla (possibly most of their flavors)

With so many folks using tanks nowadays, let's all contribute here!!

Disclaimer: These are not "bad" juices. They just have the potential to cause cracking in tank systems.
    Great list, Thanks for the time you have spent getting all this together. My problem is I have a hard time figuring out if my juice or other factors are cracking mine. I have had a very few that were cracked when I got them. And The tube is smaller than the threaded part that is pushed over the o-ring so its under stress to start with. The only way I know for sure it a juice is cracking it is to take the tube off and soak it in a juice, but who wants to waste that much juice experimenting.
    EmilyMA likes this.

Moved On

thats what scares me about ecigs, if this juice cracks tanks what does it do to your lungs
    SilverBear, bmwjen, RaRvn and 3 others like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by XKingXGregX View Post
    thats what scares me about ecigs, if this juice cracks tanks what does it do to your lungs
    If your lungs are made up of chemical substances, you should be afraid of the interaction between them and your vapor. Fortunately, lungs aren't made up of chemical substances.

Look at it this way: Bleach is a great thing. You can use it to clean and disinfect surfaces and fabric. But if you mix it with other soaps or cleaning agents, you can create very nasty substances that can cause dangerous vapors.

The problem is the chemical reaction between the plastic and chemicals in certain juices...not the juices themselves.
    "The question isnít who is going to let me; itís who is going to stop me." ~ Ayn Rand

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 02-20-2014, 03:51 PM