Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree306Likes

Thread: Let's make a list of juices/flavors that crack tanks, ce2's/clearos...

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Wow-I heard that cinnamon was a no-no-had no idea about the others. I just got a Liquinator and a JTank. Thanks very much for this post!

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran flavor911's Avatar

You want to see something really really bad....use cinnamon with the liquinator.....but be ready to buy a new liquinator. I bought 10 foot of polycarbonate to prepare for replacement tubes!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

You are very welcome. Check out the thread I just posted on the general forum about homemade syringe tanks, looks promosing...

Quote Originally Posted by dberkham View Post
    Wow-I heard that cinnamon was a no-no-had no idea about the others. I just got a Liquinator and a JTank. Thanks very much for this post!
    No analogs since 5-5-11
    I am a DIY'ingcartotankingwoodmodaholic!
    2 Redsky mods, 8 ManCave mods, 1 Grip, 2 Wildman mods, 1 Hogmod, and a BoggerBox.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

You are very welcome. Check out my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by flavor911 View Post
    You want to see something really really bad....use cinnamon with the liquinator.....but be ready to buy a new liquinator. I bought 10 foot of polycarbonate to prepare for replacement tubes!
    No analogs since 5-5-11
    2 Redsky mods, 8 ManCave mods, 1 Grip, 2 Wildman mods, 1 Hogmod, and a BoggerBox.

Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I hate to even put this here, because I was SUPER shocked when it happened.
    Well, I had Vapalicious Gooey Butter Cake in a Torpedo Tank for 3 days & sure enough, when I picked it up last night, it was cracked. Now I need to narrow down the ingredients in that juice, & find a supplier for pink polycarbonate with that ID/OD.
    ~::Some girls were just born with glitter in their veins::~

Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Granted, it would be nice to know what cracks the tanks, but a delicate, possibly useless tank problem still has to be addressed. As so many people like these tanks, how about simply replacing the super-clear tank with the softer, frosty plastic similar to that in the syringe mods. Maybe not quite as purdy, but what the hell. I'm not sure what type of plastic these two actually are, but instead of replacing it with more of the same type, is the other plastic available?

Anyone know the exact types of plastics to look for when buying replacement tubing?

ECF Veteran

Aha, so it was the Honeysuckle that cracked my Liquinator tank, and I got that tank just so I could have a whole days supply of Honeysuckle glued to my lips too. Stupid addictive Honeysuckle.
    orachel and mg7454 like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scalewiz View Post
    Granted, it would be nice to know what cracks the tanks, but a delicate, possibly useless tank problem still has to be addressed. As so many people like these tanks, how about simply replacing the super-clear tank with the softer, frosty plastic similar to that in the syringe mods. Maybe not quite as purdy, but what the hell. I'm not sure what type of plastic these two actually are, but instead of replacing it with more of the same type, is the other plastic available?
    I couldn't agree more.

Anyone know the exact types of plastics to look for when buying replacement tubing?
    I wish I knew.
    Tinkerbell1313 likes this.
    No analogs since 5-5-11

Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

polycarbonate is what you would look for

A stainless steel tank would probably be the best option. Luckily i've got a G-tank that will be delivered this week, & another co-op from Germany should be coming in the week after that. Now my ultramax is aluminum, & inside the tank is a large ceramic wick.
    ~::Some girls were just born with glitter in their veins::~

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

TPA rootbeer will crack a tank open in no time. As I was reading the thread I could see a common factor in several flavors and a previous poster menioned it as well.. Triacetin is in TPA rootbeer, honeysuckle, cherry blossom. Guessing honeysuckle is in hummingbird nectar.. so do avoid the triacetins.

Buzz ~ Buzz Pro ~ SaberTouch 5VR/PT
    *Denali*

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 02-20-2014, 03:51 PM