Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152
Like Tree303Likes

Thread: Let's make a list of juices/flavors that crack tanks, ce2's/clearos...

Vanilla Custard from Gremlin juice did fine in the 2 weeks I had it in my iclear 30 but when I moved it to one of my CE5's, it cracked within 24 hours. Not sure why, maybe the 30 is tougher?

I have had a similar problem with cinamon red hots flavor in pg from tpa. I think this is what you are talking about anyway. Am I right? (see attached pics)

e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachment.php?s=f8e8255bc33bc6ab355d810470c5b9a4&attachmentid=307365&d=1392794064" id="attachment307365" rel="Lightbox_12287366" >Let's make a list of juices/flavors that crack tanks, ce2's/clearos...-wp_ss_20140219_0002.jpgLet's make a list of juices/flavors that crack tanks, ce2's/clearos...-wp_ss_20140219_0001.jpg Let's make a list of juices/flavors that crack tanks, ce2's/clearos...-wp_ss_20140219_0003.jpgLet's make a list of juices/flavors that crack tanks, ce2's/clearos...-wp_ss_20140219_0004.jpg

This including the pitting on the stem happened in a 24 hour period. The black plastic turned soft and slimy the tank just has the gooey white film that hardened in water

<edit for more info>

(I think I found the problem if anyone is interested...)

Quote from http://www.revolution-vapor.com/e-li...avors/fireball

Comments

Submitted by BikerMike on Fri, 12/20/2013 - 18:51.
    fireball liquid
    Question: How does the fireball e-juice destroy the plastic tanks? It comes in a plastic bottle. What's the ingredients in that vape juice that causes this to happen. I know when i make my own. I use a mix of 30/70 pg/vg plus flavor. And none of the flavors i make have ever destroyed a tank. so what is the content in the flavor that causes this ?

Login or register to post comments
    Submitted by e.swick on Mon, 12/23/2013 - 14:13.
    Fireball
    Fireball liquid contains cinnamaldehyde, the essential oil which gives cinnamon its unique taste. This oil attacks certain plastics, although it does not react with our plastic bottles, which are made of LDPE. Nevertheless, it will crack most of the hard, clear plastics that tanks are made from, including polycarbonate.

Our M7 Pro Tanks are made of steel and pyrex glass, which will not react with the Fireball liquid. It's a great solution for the Fireball fans out there.

Here's some more info on cinnamaldehyde for those who're interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinnamaldehyde

Login or register to post comments

< End quote>

Hope that helps some people
    Last edited by Doug_xx2; 02-19-2014 at 09:45 AM.

Well interesting development at least for me hopefully for you to.

I shook my juice and it turned white like it has since I made it. White as milk. Then I added nicotine in a pg base and shook and wonder of wonders it instantly turned clear with a yellowish tint like the nicotine had instantly aged?

Anyone know why this happened? Obviously some sort of chemical reaction but...

will it reduce the potency of the nicotine in the juice?
    did it make toxic chemicals from the cinnamaldehyde and nicotine in that reaction??
    What just happened?
    Very strange!!!
    Will it still eat plastic?

Here is an interesting thread I started about TPA red hots flavor

Help!!! TPA red hots flavor (PG)
    I know a little about a lot, a lot about very little, and everything about nothing!

Full Member Verified Member shawnphase's Avatar

didnt read the whole thread, but you can add any honeysuckle to this list.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've always had problems with Wintergreen flavors and CE# style clearomizers. It didn't seem to matter which vendor the liquid or tanks came from. It was about 4-6 days before they started leaking.

I have metal mt3 tanks now so I'm not as concerned. And I'm switching to ProTanks in the near future so perhaps I can ditch the fruit flavors and go back to my favorite wintergreen again.
    Vaping an Echo
    RIP Marlboro Ultra Lights: 1989-2011

whoah ! ... would it not be more helpful to compile a list of flavors that DO NOT crack the tanks? I think it would be way smaller, yes?

Let me add to the list. Blueberry candy from killerliquid.com is a definite tank cracker! Ugh.. destroyed my iclear16 in 12 hours.. well less than.. it seemed empty sooner than it should be.. dn think much on it.. went to refill & saw black gunk & the driptip was eaten up.. reassembled & blew through it blocking the normal exit point.. air blew through numerous places in the tank.. bummer..

But I won it in a contest.. so I cant be too mad..

I can has tapatalked this.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152

LinkBacks (?)

1. 02-20-2014, 03:51 PM