Let's make a list of juices/flavors that crack tanks, ce2's/clearos...
Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast
Like Tree316Likes

Thread: Let's make a list of juices/flavors that crack tanks, ce2's/clearos...

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default Let's make a list of juices/flavors that crack tanks, ce2's/clearos...

I meant tanks, ce2's/clearos. If a mod would like to fix it for me, I'd appreciate it. This could be a very useful thread.

A lot of us use tanks, ce2's, and clearos. I want to get a list all in one place of juices and/or flavorings if you DIY that cause cracking. Okay, these I am aware of:

Sour flavors
    Malic acid
    Citrus acid
    Cinnamon like "atomic cinnamon" types

Let's work on this together and get it all in one place. Let's try to be as specific as possible. This does not mean that these are bad to vape for any reason at all, simply that they are bad fro plastic, or polycarbonate tubing.
    Last edited by classwife; 10-02-2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Fixed your title for you
    No analogs since 5-5-11
    I am a DIY'ingcartotankingwoodmodaholic!
    2 Redsky mods, 8 ManCave mods, 1 Grip, 2 Wildman mods, 1 Hogmod, and a BoggerBox.

ECF Veteran

Wintergreen will shatter a Polycarbonate MAP Tank tube in approximately 1/2 hour. I have seen the results of this.

Nate aka Darth vapor
    Last edited by Devonmoonshire; 08-31-2011 at 11:52 PM.
    orachel likes this.
    I have..... Have You?

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Good, keep 'em coming. I'm keeping a list.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonmoonshire View Post
    Wintergreen will shatter a Polycarbonate tube in approximately 1/2 hour. I have seen the results of this.

Nate aka Darth vapor
    No analogs since 5-5-11
    2 Redsky mods, 8 ManCave mods, 1 Grip, 2 Wildman mods, 1 Hogmod, and a BoggerBox.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Someone told me earlier in another thread that maraschino cherry, cherry blossom, honeysuckle, and ripe banana flavoring from TPA will cause cracking as well. This will be helpful to those of us who DIY.
    Nikkita6, Hoggy and Ladiekali like this.
    No analogs since 5-5-11

Senior Member ECF Veteran baronvoncardo's Avatar

I wasn't even aware of this phenomenon. If it happens to me, I will definitely post flavors here. I'll keep an eye out.

Glad I stumbled on this, I vape wintergreen occasionaly but I haven't put it in any of my clearos yet. Thanks!
    Mountain_Rain96 likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by baronvoncardo View Post
    I wasn't even aware of this phenomenon. If it happens to me, I will definitely post flavors here. I'll keep an eye out.

Glad I stumbled on this, I vape wintergreen occasionaly but I haven't put it in any of my clearos yet. Thanks!
    Yes Baronvoncardo, it is some sort of chemical reaction between the wintergreen flavor and the polycarbonate. That kind of reaction can be extremely dangerous because from what I saw of the Tank Tube it looked as if the Polycarbonate was actually reacting in the same fashion as something would react to an acid. It was like it was eating the material the tube was made of and acting as a solvent which would infuse the liquid with the materials the tube was made of. That in turn would mean you would be inhaling this chemical concoction which would be very very bad I am sure.

Nate aka Darth vapor
    fletchbond and EmilyMA like this.
    I have..... Have You?

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Okay, I just got word on another about cracked tanks with these juices, so they are added to the list:
    Mrs. T's strawberry shortcake
    KBV Hummingbird nectar

Some of these are premixed juices, some are flavorings that DIY'ers use. So far we have:

Any juice that has:
    Sour flavors
    Malic acid
    Citrus acid
    Cinnamon like "atomic cinnamon" types, not warm cinnamon like cinnamon coffe cake, this is okay

Any wintergreen juice or flavoring
    TPA ripe banana flavoring
    TPA honeysuckle flavoring
    TPA maraschino cherry flavoring
    TPA cherry blossom flavoring
    Mrs. T's strawberry shortcake
    KBV Hummingbird nectar

With so many folks using tanks nowadays, let's all contribute here!!
    Tinkerbell1313 likes this.
    No analogs since 5-5-11

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I haven't noticed any of this with the new tubing on the CE2's or the 'syringe mod'. If that helps anyone who wants to use these juices. I use things with cinnamon,citric and sour flavoring.
    EmilyMA likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

That's interesting. I wonder what the new material is in the thicker ce2's. The "syringe mod" is just plastic, as far as i know.The tanks we're talking about are mostly the liquinator tanks, and they are made from a rather thick polycarbonate. I only use the tanks, not ce2's, but I have heard this applies to them as well, don't know about the newer ones. Thanks for that info.

Quote Originally Posted by calico21 View Post
    I haven't noticed any of this with the new tubing on the CE2's or the 'syringe mod'. If that helps anyone who wants to use these juices. I use things with cinnamon,citric and sour flavoring.
    No analogs since 5-5-11

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Big thank you my4jewels for this post! I have been so scared to put liquids into my tank besides the one I know won't crack it. Now maybe I can expand a little more without worry.
    Susiejo likes this.

Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 02-20-2014, 03:51 PM