Vivi Nova burning liquid - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vivi Nova burning liquid

well i have been recoiling my atomizers and haven't been having to much trouble with it lately. it tends to happen now only when the liquid level is below half.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Is it normal for these things to burn the juice?

I haven't had any issues with burned juice. The heads that came with the vivi weren't very good, and didn't last long. But they didn't burn my juice. Now that I am rebuilding my heads with cotton wicks, I am having a much better experience.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Tibby View Post
    May be too late but it is important to keep liquid covering wicks as much as possible I keep mine turned horizontal and turn in my fingers covering wicks in between hits. At 3.7 you should have no issue. Take it apart and soak all parts in vodka then rinse in hot water and dry with paper towel. Then put the stem post on your device fallowed by the head (minus the little rubber/metal piece) so you can look at the dark caked uo coils. Now dry burn the cois in 4 second intervals. I blow onto the coils in between dry burns. You will see the coil start to burn red and smoke off excess gunk. Once each coil is free of crap reassemble and refill with liquid. Some even put a drop directly on the coil before reassembly. THE KEY IS TO KEEP JUICE COVERED ON THE WICKS BETWEEN EACH PUFF. I have the same 1.8 ohm rollin after roughly 4 1/2 weeks hitting clean and smooth. I guess the type of juice used can also play in the life of the Nova head.
    Tibby, a question for you. If you dry burn the coils won't that burn the wick? I had a problem with the burning flavor too and I'm still trying to figure out if it was the wick, the liquid, or both.

If you have a silica wick, you can dry burn it. You cannot dry burn cotton though. If you are getting a burnt taste, I recommend that you watch this video: A PBusardo Tutorial - Vivi Nova Cleaning & Rebuilding - YouTube

Pay attention when he shows how he cut the "V" shaped notches where the wick goes. That solved most of my taste issues. It lets more juice flow into the atty head, and give you more air in your draw as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12