iClear 30 / Can the heads be rebuilt (Easily) ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: iClear 30 / Can the heads be rebuilt (Easily) ?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default iClear 30 / Can the heads be rebuilt (Easily) ?

I really have been enjoying this tank, but noticed yesterday that the top coil seems to be dead, while the bottom one is still firing. Has anyone rebuilt one ?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Update: I tried rebuilding the head, but it was in my opinion difficult. The pin pushed out, and reveal a rubber grommet similar to the Vivi Nova (This part was easy enough). I tried five wraps of 34 gauge Kanthal for each coil (Seemed to match up better with the way it came; 32 gauge seemed to be much thicker than the wire present). However, fishing the wires from the top coil through from the coil that sits on bottom was difficult . After an hour of tinkering with this thing, I thought I had done it. However, my Provari said LO. I give up (For a while anyway). Hopefully someone will soon show a way to rebuild this thing easily(For kicks anyway). For now, I'll keep buying replacement heads on this tank.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I am curious if the coils are wired in parallel or serial. I.e. will one coil continue to work, if the other coil is truly burnt out?

Joe Dunfee

Full Member ECF Veteran

I destoryed the top coil while cleaning a head, decided to put it on my PV and noticed the bottom coil did fire up. So parallel.
    artbyshan likes this.
    Main setup: Boge cartos in tank, Vamo V2, Hangsen juices.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToNever View Post
    I destoryed the top coil while cleaning a head, decided to put it on my PV and noticed the bottom coil did fire up. So parallel.

Does it still show the same impedance when one coil is burned out?

I bought 3 of these things. Opened and filled the 2nd one last night just to find out that it had a short in the atty out of the factory. Luckily I purchased a 5 pack of replacement heads when I ordered the tanks but the heads are like $3 a piece!

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just tried to rebuild one and ended up throwing it away. Very very difficult to get the rubber plug back in the bottom and trim the wires flush. I gave up, maybe someone else will have more luck....

Blog Entries

Ah D*mn. I was hoping to find some good tips here on rebuilding the coil. Mine shorted out after my first cleaning of the coil.
    I have only one spare now. And purchasing another is a costly business right now, since they don't sell them in NL yet. Buying them from Germany add 10 Euros to the cost for shipping

I do think rebuilding will cost less then 3$ a piece... But it would be great if there a video on how to do it

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Probably more like 3 cents if some can figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by artbyshan View Post
    Update: I tried rebuilding the head, but it was in my opinion difficult. The pin pushed out, and reveal a rubber grommet similar to the Vivi Nova (This part was easy enough). I tried five wraps of 34 gauge Kanthal for each coil (Seemed to match up better with the way it came; 32 gauge seemed to be much thicker than the wire present). However, fishing the wires from the top coil through from the coil that sits on bottom was difficult . After an hour of tinkering with this thing, I thought I had done it. However, my Provari said LO. I give up (For a while anyway). Hopefully someone will soon show a way to rebuild this thing easily(For kicks anyway). For now, I'll keep buying replacement heads on this tank.

Isn't that the error for TOO low of a resistance? I think 4 wraps with 32ga on a nova is around 2.3ohm. Wouldn't the two heads plus the resistance of the leads make it over 4.6 ohms? That is pretty darn low resistance. I haven't seen the coil myself, but I would think that you would have long leads with the iClear head, causing the resistance to drop. Have you tried using less coils? I'm just curious because I have plenty of cotton/32gau Kanthal and I'm very interested in the iClear after reading about it then watching my buddy vape one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast