Kanger Evod review
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Kanger Evod review

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default Kanger Evod review

In "theory" the Evod should vape same as the Kanger T3 however I find it not to be the case. My first vape on the Evod reminded me top coil clearo like Stardust etc. It had that familiar rubber/silicon taste in the vapor but not as much. I also noticed much less flavor than the T3 has. After about 5 minutes the Evod started gurgling so badly that I had to and another small wick on top of the two that are all ready there.
    After two tanks the flavor didn't get better and I could still taste the rubber/silicon in my vapor eve tho it diminished slightly.
    Esthetically it is a good looking unit, how ever it's not very easy to see the juice remaining through the window so I would mostly rely on seeing the juice in the clear drip tip which also shows condensation and that looks a bit nasty.
    As oppose to T3, screwing the Evod is more difficult because the base is just smooth chrome which is somewhat slippery.
    Evod is about 1/3 shorter than the T3 but seems to take only half the amount of liquid of T3 (didn't actually measured it) and runs out fairly quickly so it's not as practical as I thought it'll be.
    Conclusion - does not hold enough juice for it's size, problems with flooding, less flavor than T3, slight funky rubber/silicon flavor.
    This is how Evod presents to me, I find T3 much better for my vaping style but this might be different for you so the only real way to find out is to try one.
    By the way I find the T3 base can be used in the Evod but Evod base won't fit the T3.
    Last edited by Vaptor; 03-08-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    ShelleyF and RDonat like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It always amazes me how two people can use the same product and have VERY different results.

For me the EVOD is by far the best clearo I've tried. I get great flavor, no gurgling or performance issues, easy to clean and have used the same head for over 20 fills with just an occasional rinse.
    Katya, JoAnnW, Bud Man and 6 others like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran pcrdude's Avatar

I have three EVODs and like everything about them (except for the limited capacity).

YMMV
    Kablin, JoAnnW and EddieAdams like this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm getting rid of two of my three EVODs, keeping the one though as a backup and for quick vaping at home. Like other clearos, I've learned giving them a quick wash before the first use helps remove some of the added "flavors", and them making sure the coil is screwed securely to the base before first use as a lot of them are real loose upon arrival.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Another Evod fan here. Love everything about it. I've had no leakage, gurgling or juice coming out of the mouthpiece on refilling. A piece of papertowel rolled into a point gets the condensation out of the mouthpiece. When I notice the juice level gets low, I just refill it. I just wish they came in more colors.
    Katya, Tail11, EddieAdams and 1 others like this.

Peace... Love and Happiness!!

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Depends on the site you go to. I cannot remember where I got my blue one, but I know Got Vapes has 4 different colors, and the place I got my blue one also had a couple other colors GV did not have.

Super Member ECF Veteran pcrdude's Avatar

Kanger EVOD eGO Bottom Coil Clearomizer

They are supposed to be 2.4 ohm according to an email I got from them.
    JoAnnW likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

The Evod I reviewed was 1.8ohm so I don't know if higher resistance would be different in vape but today I vaped 1/2 a day with Evod and 1/2 day with T3 just to compare them again and I still find the T3 smoother and more flavorful. Than I put the T3 2.4ohm base in to the Evod and found the vape more to my taste. Would be interesting to try Evod 2.4+ ohm but I don't have any at the moment.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Recent convert to T3/BCC Tabac/eVod.

I find them all very similar in performance and taste. I use them all on my Twist and on regular eGo and Riva batteries. The eVod I got came with a 2.4Ω coil; I prefer 1.8 and 2.2Ω coils, but with a Twist it's not a problem; I up the voltage a bit to get the warmth I want.

As an eGo user, I really appreciate the eGo threading and I like the bottom coil placement; never much cared for the top coils.
    EddieAdams and curmudgeon1 like this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by pcrdude View Post
    Kanger EVOD eGO Bottom Coil Clearomizer

They are supposed to be 2.4 ohm according to an email I got from them.
    I actually measured the resistance and it was pretty much spot on--2.5Ω.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast